Disc Priest 75 lvl talent discussion

Hey guys I've decided to main my alt disc priest in BFA and while everything seems fine and dandy in general, I have some issues with our lvl 75 talent row. I can't help but feel that in a raid environment all of the talents in that row are kinda lackluster, situational and/or counter-intuitive to the essence of the spec as an "offensive" healer.
    Shadow Covenant is super situational for specific 5man content and both Sins of the Many and Contrition feel counter-intuitive. The former punishes you for having atonements out and becomes practically useless during our healing burst combo (i.e. when you need to gain the most out of your talents and/or abilities) and the latter pushes you towards a playstyle of a conventional healer negating that disc niche offensive healing. Granted Contrition adds another element of "skill" requiring you to assess every situation and decide when it's more optimal to use Penance defensively but even then it feels kinda unsatisfactory from a playstyle pov.

What are your thoughts on the matter.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selerian View Post
    I can't help but feel that in a raid environment all of the talents in that row are kinda lackluster, situational and/or counter-intuitive to the essence of the spec as an "offensive" healer.
    They kinda are, yeah. But I feel that even in raids we'll be using Penance defensively more often than in Legion, so probably Contrition will be of some value. Not that much but better than nothing.

Other than that I agree that talent row don't give us much in raid environments. Dungeons is another matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that Sins of the Many does not go lower than 3%. While its not at its best while burst healing, it still provides at least 3% of damage at any given time (which translates to 3% more healing while burst healing).

For raiding, I'd say that right now Sins provides the biggest bang for your buck... but they are all kind of shitty right now. Tier 75 is heavy on dungeon talents and tier 100 is heavy on raid talents. Not really the best for having options but it's what we're stuck with for a while I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
    Keep in mind that Sins of the Many does not go lower than 3%. While its not at its best while burst healing, it still provides at least 3% of damage at any given time (which translates to 3% more healing while burst healing).
    Ofc better than nothing, still crap. A 3% dmg increase is something you' d expect from a lvl 15 talent, not a lvl 75.

15+ Year Old Account
    Contrition: this should be baseline as this relieves a great design flaw of the spec. Talent feels extremely weak now. Maybe it will be strong later on with 15+ targets and huge mastery but currently I don't see it viable. It used to be super great in beta, right now on live it ticks for ridicolously low amounts.
    Shadow Covenant: I can't imagine any scenario when it could be viable. Maybe some m+ affixes? Blizz should finally just scrap this crap.
    SotM is a no-brainer for 5mans or solo, not so much for raids.
    Last edited by Zka; 2018-07-30 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Contrition: this should be baseline as this relieves a great design flaw of the spec. Talent feels extremely weak now. Maybe it will be strong later on with 15+ targets and huge mastery but currently I don't see it viable. It used to be super great in beta, right now on live it ticks for ridicolously low amounts.
    Shadow Covenant: I can't imagine any scenario when it could be viable. Maybe some m+ affixes? Blizz should finally just scrap this crap.
    SotM is a no-brainer for 5mans or solo, not so much for raids.
    Out of the 3, Sins is actually probably the best for raids at this point. Contrition falls off quite early (something like 7 Atonements based on the most recent math, but the breakpoint is irrelevant). Sins gives 3% damage / healing at higher Atonements and is better for maximizing our burst... paired with Schism and Solace it's definitely the go-to for me right now with Contrition and Shadow Covenant adding some flavor if it's needed.