View Poll Results: How far did you progress during Retail TBC?

Voters
800. This poll is closed
  • I did not play during retail TBC

35 4.38%
  • I did not have a lvl 70 during TBC (But I played)

33 4.13%
  • Normal 70 dungeon

19 2.38%
  • Heroic Dungeon

18 2.25%
  • Kara Progress

20 2.50%
  • Kara clear

40 5.00%
  • HKM/Gruul/Mag progress

21 2.63%
  • HKM/Gruul/Mag Clear

34 4.25%
  • SSC/TK progress

87 10.88%
  • SSC/TK clear (either or both)

22 2.75%
  • MHJ Progress

15 1.88%
  • MHJ Clear

6 0.75%
  • BT Progress

89 11.13%
  • BT Clear

52 6.50%
  • SWP Progress

175 21.88%
  • SWP CLear

134 16.75%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of us are here for nostalgia.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got burnt our after TK and went super casual. So SSC/TK clear for me.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-07-30 at 06:11 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Champion of the Naaru is my go-to title, but I use Hand of A'dal sometimes.
    I like champion more myself because I earned it before the title was out. Adal I did the work for after the fact so it holds less value for me. For me it would be no different than tossing on Titanslayer at the end of BfA.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We kept losing raiders to more progressed guilds (back then it was really hard to keep players around when other guilds were stealing players left and right), so by the time we got to SWP it was too late.

I htink we never killed Brutallos pre nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

We kept losing raiders to more progressed guilds (back then it was really hard to keep players around when other guilds were stealing players left and right), so by the time we got to SWP it was too late.

I htink we never killed Brutallos pre nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    Mods - please move to a different forum if appropriate. forum rules are unclear on where tbc-(not classic-) related threads might go.

Question hopefully is self-explanatory - during retail tbc, how far did you progress (if you played). Any non-retail server play is not included in this poll.

I forgot ZA (forgot it existed), oh well.

Also at certain points during tbc, some heroics were arguably harder to clear than Kara overall, but getting into 'which' heroics one cleared seemed too much detail 10 years later.

I also might have added 'before the pre-wotlk nerf (raid boss health huge cut iirc) but too late now.

at 66 responses, most interesting early result is 60% of respondents were in or past BT.
    Cleared Kharazan, Gruul and Magtheridon and Zul'Aman.

7+ Year Old Account
    We barely made it, musta had some nice nerfs.

I'm surprised people remember nerfs, etc.

https://www.wowprogress.com/boss/Kil...ing/us/skywall
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-07-31 at 02:02 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

My guild at the time was prepping to down Kael'thas before it imploded...didn't even make it to Black Temple. Haunts me till this day, would have been super fun to get through the entire raid ladder back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    wiped on sunwell trash, even if we did kill illidan and archimonde, the sunwell debuff of dodge and % hit was something that f8cked so hard
    also we killed both with the new talent and after the big nerf, and i bet if we wanted we may killed few bosses in sunwell but by that time ppl were just screwing around and waiting for wrath (also my sub run out after scourge invasion ended and due to many bank complications i wasn't able to sub right away )
    well if u do NOT count patch 3.0 kills then we killed illidari council, and we still killed archimonde since mhj is surprisingly easier than BT, i'd say we even wiped more on Azgelor (was that his name? the boss that mana burn/drain thing) more than on Archimonde

- - - Updated - - -

wiped on sunwell trash, even if we did kill illidan and archimonde, the sunwell debuff of dodge and % hit was something that f8cked so hard
    also we killed both with the new talent and after the big nerf, and i bet if we wanted we may killed few bosses in sunwell but by that time ppl were just screwing around and waiting for wrath (also my sub run out after scourge invasion ended and due to many bank complications i wasn't able to sub right away )
    well if u do NOT count patch 3.0 kills then we killed illidari council, and we still killed archimonde since mhj is surprisingly easier than BT, i'd say we even wiped more on Azgelor (was that his name? the boss that mana burn/drain thing) more than on Archimonde
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    I believe Mechanar and maybe Botanica were the only heroic dungeons I ever ran at the time, never joined a raiding guild because I was too young and didn't know a sword from the pointy end. Levelling was my end game in vanilla and BC.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Black temple and Hyjal cleared, didn't kill Vashj or KT and only farmed trash in Sunwell.

Stopped HC raiding after clearing mount hyjal. Actually the last time I ever did a raid that was considered the hardest at the time or I guess the equivalent of earning cutting edge achievement today.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were working on Twins in SWP when the expansion dropped.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    cleared kara, gruuls, mag, mount hyjal & black temple.

5+ Year Old Account
    BC was the beginning of my "hardcore" raider career. Still, I will always remember our guild regularly wiping on M'uru (I hate you, you purple !@#$%&@), and tbh we only killed him (and KJ) after the WotLK prepatch. It felt like cheesing anyway :/
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I posted something similar in the Classic version of this thread, but I was too young during Classic/TBC to really get into raiding. I made some high powered friends on my server due to my proclivity for farming materials/items and selling them in bulk for decent prices. They carried me through Kara several times, and SSC/TK towards the end of the expansion. Most of my time was spent leveling my alt army from 60 to 70, and finally doing a warrior. I also leveled a shaman 1-70. Then I collected epic flight on all of them, and did quests/dailies for fun.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengedx View Post
    Up to M'uru pre-nerf. Killed M'uru and KJ the same week the nerfs came out.
    Same story, except I wasn't involved with the kills post-nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    We were working on Twins in SWP when the expansion dropped.
    YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE GONE.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Deleted
    I cleared Kara once, but it was a total boost (was right at the end of TBC) and I got loads of loot from it. Great fun

Does the 3.0 pre-patch count? Joined a pug and killed Illidan then.

Deleted
    S2 and S3 glad. Didn't touch pve at all. It was amazing !

Does farming BT trash count as progress?

Yeah, probably not.