View Poll Results: How far did you progress during Retail TBC?

Voters
800. This poll is closed
  • I did not play during retail TBC

35 4.38%
  • I did not have a lvl 70 during TBC (But I played)

33 4.13%
  • Normal 70 dungeon

19 2.38%
  • Heroic Dungeon

18 2.25%
  • Kara Progress

20 2.50%
  • Kara clear

40 5.00%
  • HKM/Gruul/Mag progress

21 2.63%
  • HKM/Gruul/Mag Clear

34 4.25%
  • SSC/TK progress

87 10.88%
  • SSC/TK clear (either or both)

22 2.75%
  • MHJ Progress

15 1.88%
  • MHJ Clear

6 0.75%
  • BT Progress

89 11.13%
  • BT Clear

52 6.50%
  • SWP Progress

175 21.88%
  • SWP CLear

134 16.75%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared everything up to Kil'jaeden pre 3.0. Killed KJ in the pre-patch 3.0 though he was nerfed to fuck.
    Nothing and Everything

Two bosses into Sunwell. That raid was a bitch and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level 44.
    Fucking fight me, I'll wreck you.

I got to 70 on my first character 2 days before Wotlk released. So not much at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    First guild got to KT and Vashj but did not kill either. We achieved warbear clears but I never got one myself PepeHands. I later raided in a group and got to Teron Gorefiend(multiple small guilds raiding together)

Kara clear. After the switch from 20/40 man raids to 10/25 killed my raiding guild and half of us quit playing or transferred servers, my original guild of RL friends/coworkers regrouped and we got through Kara. That was after most (all?) of us had taken a break of anywhere from 4-5 months up to almost a year. Needless to say, for a small guild with a reasonably short amount of time (~6 months), clearing Kara was about as far as we were going to go.

My guild was progressing in SSC/TK AND Mount Hyjal. We downed 2 in TK, I believe 3 in SSC (Hydross bugged out and died on his own iirc). We killed Anetheron in Hyjal (also bugged out and died randomly iirc). Cleared the lower tier+kara.

Probably mentioned before but whatever. Why isn't Zul'Aman in here?

Also I started playing in BC. Literally never raided with a guild, I was super nub but basically always pugged Kara, ZA, Gruul and Mag's Lair. Did not do any other raids outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    Probably mentioned before but whatever. Why isn't Zul'Aman in here?
    And if you got the bear or not. ( I have it )

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to stop progress raiding because I did an additional job-education while working and that took a lot of time. At the time it was more important to me then playing. In retrospect I should have played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    Cleared everything up to Kil'jaeden pre 3.0. Killed KJ in the pre-patch 3.0 though he was nerfed to fuck.
    The story typically goes: M'uru was the cockblock and KJ was ezpz after the fact.

You might be the first person I've ever seen who killed M'uru pre-patch that didn't kill KJ until post-patch. Was it like, the week before?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    My guild was progressing in SSC/TK AND Mount Hyjal. We downed 2 in TK, I believe 3 in SSC (Hydross bugged out and died on his own iirc). We killed Anetheron in Hyjal (also bugged out and died randomly iirc). Cleared the lower tier+kara.
    That was a fairly common bug that Hydross just died if I recall correctly. You didn’t get any loot though.

I always considered ZA more like a side raid since we did on off nights and it was also full of drama because 15 of our roster wouldnt be able to get on our prime mount run.

Started WoW after tBC's release (not sure how long in). During my first experience, getting to max level was a process. A long but very fun process. Did dungeons, class quests, BGs (didn't give xp back then), stupidly bought lv60 epics because purple, and so on. Getting to the Outlands felt like such a milestone passed and hitting lv70 made me feel like a god for a bit. I could finally step into raids that I kept hearing about.

Soooo, for the most part I only cleared all of T4. Didn't get into any high end guild, I thought the application process that many had were somewhat ridiculous (practically needed a resume lol). I leveled two other characters in a fraction of the time it took my first, a Warrior and Priest. Got them into the same T4 content with the same guild. Overall a very enjoyable experience during tBC.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was with 2 different guilds in BC; the guest was the guild I started with in Classic that was progressing on Kara, then switched to a more progressed guild that was working on SSC/TK. Progressed through BC with them, but I stopped raiding around halfway through BT. Did all the dungeon content, all attunements, etc.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I lived through two guild disbands and ended up starting a guild near the end of BC. So it was a bumpy ride raid wise, and the guild I started could never get enough people to do the 25s proper. More Kara than I care to remember, ZA, Gruul, SSC a few kills with random people same with TK.

BC I had a lot of fun, but loosing my vanilla guild, during the biggest progression pushes and then having to reestablish myself in a new guild, and then starting another I didn't get to see what all I wanted. Our server was pretty small and the gap between the 10 and the 25 groups got really wide at the end and I just didn't have the in I needed Wrath forward was a lot better for me raid wise.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    We barely made it, musta had some nice nerfs.

I'm surprised people remember nerfs, etc.

https://www.wowprogress.com/boss/Kil...ing/us/skywall
    I wasn't even aware Wowprogress tracked stuff back then. How did they do it?

As far as I remember our only tracking was on the server-page on Wowwiki where you had enter kills manually.

The weirdness of 10 man raiding versus 25 man raiding was a difficult negotiation during BC. I feel like we ran Kara the whole expansion LOL but we did progress some through SSC when combined with other 10 man guilds.

Deleted
    Got up to Felmyst in SWP sadly our guild just couldnt take her down.

Black Temple progress, Gorefiend down. My guild later went on to clear it and do at least some of Sunwell but I was taking a break from the game for that while waiting on Wrath.