Poll: Would you be ok with the Horde being the "bad guys" ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you be ok with the Horde being the "bad guys" ?

Up until now i think Horde was considered a neutral faction. Just as good or bad as the Alliance.
    At least thats what i thought.
    Maybe Horde already is the "bad guys faction", i dont know...you tell me.

But given the current developments on the story do you think Blizzard would be capable of making the Horde the "bad guys faction"?

How would you feel?

Red (evil guys) VS Blue (good guys)

Would you be "ok" with that?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-08-01 at 12:50 AM.

Well, isn't that like this already?

And we didn't really need another thread that will become Sylvanas Horde vs Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Well, isn't that like this already?

And we didn't really need another thread that will become Sylvanas Horde vs Alliance.

Im confused....wasnt Horde a neutral faction?
    Horde was always considered the bad guys?

Deleted
    Yes, some mentally like Garrosh is ok. There will be peace once the alliance is no more and horde conquered all of azeroth. Doesn’t have to be some cheesy cliche like „destruction and death on everything whahaha“ just some realistic military politics. I you most likely will win a war there is no reason not to start it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Im confused....wasnt Horde a neutral faction?
    Horde was always considered the bad guys?
    "Isn't that like this already?" isn't "Wasn't it like this always?"

If it made sense? Yes.

Does it? No.

Horde isn't one braindead warchief. You cannot rewrite every single race to be honorless warmongers. No, at this point it doesn't make sense.

I actually prefered when Blood Knights were Blood Knights.
    Last edited by Kieldon; 2018-08-01 at 12:58 AM.

Without a reason, no. But I would love if Sylvanas was going yolo to avenge when the alliance didn't help defend Quel'thalas from the scourge.

My guess is that it is a set up for the return of the great green one.

I would love for one of the playable factions to ostensibly be evil just because evil characters keep things interesting and controversial, like Sylvanas, but I don't think the current Horde would not fully work as an "evil" faction because of the Tauren, Blood Elves, Pandaren and to a lesser extent the Trolls and Orcs.

I would love if the Forsaken broke off and formed a 3rd faction with some other races that would essentially assist in killing "the big bads" but otherwise antagonize and attempt to exterminate the other two factions. I think one immoral/evil faction and the Horde and Alliance remaining neutral/good would give everyone what they want and be very cool. After 15 years, still having only the choice of chaotic good or lawful good with static allegiances and static alignments and static characters kinda sucks. I think more choices are a good thing and I think there could be more than just 3 factions too.

Who cares about lore in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Up until now i think Horde was considered a neutral faction. Just as good or bad as the Alliance.
    At least thats what i thought.
    Maybe Horde already is the "bad guys faction", i dont know...you tell me.

But given the current developments on the story do you think Blizzard would be capable of making the Horde the "bad guys faction"?

How would you feel?

Red (evil guys) VS Blue (good guys)

Would you be "ok" with that?

The TRUE HORDE, burned Stormwind to the ground, raised undead and had deals with the Legion.

The NU Horde was a shame. A honorable shame.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Unfortunatley the general path wow has taken is veering the Horde into the Anatagonists role from Vanillia.

Forsaken were always questionable, Tauren are guilty more by assosiation and lack of action against their peers. The Orcs have generally been after some kind of grand war since Vanillia and Trolls have some pretty odd daycare habits.

Blood Elves attacked the Draenei without provocation, Goblins are literal war profiteers. Houjin Pandaren believe in action and thus impulse over logic and that makes them dangerously unpredictable.

Nightborne are essentially selfish mana addicts who dont care how much eco damage they do to other lands. Highmountain Tauren have had a love/hate relationship with their natives and generally couldnt even control one of their own tribes to fel impulse.

While it is true there are Alliance factions that are just as bad, the general jist is that Horde has always been made out to be the "Survivor" faction.

From a narrative POV I understand the hypothesis behind that, but I also see that from writing, and storytelling their factions general focus is too centric around the "we must destroy to survive" trope which makes them antagonistic, thus evil.

Had this entire war of thorns been started because of the elves this would have been a *very* different situation, blizzard wouldnt be dealing with hard backlash, because we'd actually get a chance to sympathise with them.

But no, every action of vengance that the Alliance now afflicts is actally justified because of Sylvanas.

This, can only be countered by the Alliance finally having the teeth to commit some war crimes of its own in 8.1 onwards.

My *hope* is that they destroy Thunderbluff and this gives Sylvanas *some* credit to her actions as her fears of the Alliance using Azerite finally become a reality as they do so in revenge. Thunderbluff is the ideal victim for Vengance because it is full of innocents like Teldrassil, it is the only area that really has nothing to do with war and is exactly why its the best place to destroy.

Right now, we dont sympathsie with the Horde because none of their victims in this are victims you can feel bad for, the loss of Undercity is anything but a bad thing in moral standing because it was a place used by apothecaries to create plagues and experiment on victims.

But Thunderbluff has no evil to speak of and again, vengance against the Horde by innocent blood spilt, is the only way at this ponit to redeem its cause.

I guess so, at least then I wouldn't have to worry about Blizz trying to skirt this neutral line.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Frankly what annoys me more than Sylvannus and the Horde slipping into trash-tier evil is that opposite that you have the Alliance, led by Anduin is basically good in every single way, he doesn't make mistakes, he is ridiculously powerful a wise kinda a shrewd comma set, the light little shines out of his areshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my eyes the Horde have been the bad guys for 14 years. Used to be that the Horde players embraced that role but, apparently they've grown soft. Sylvanas has been evil since Cataclysm and I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that she is the same as Warchief. This pre-patch was horribly written and yes there are tons of things that should've been done better but, I still feel like this was the logical progression of Sylvanas' story.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Frankly what annoys me more than Sylvannus and the Horde slipping into trash-tier evil is that opposite that you have the Alliance, led by Anduin is basically good in every single way, he doesn't make mistakes, he is ridiculously powerful a wise kinda a shrewd comma set, the light little shines out of his areshole.
    This is made worse by the fact that we have Sylvanas being more like Geoffrey (from Game of Thrones - stupid, out of control, undisciplined) rather than Ramsey Bolton (much more evil, and much more dangerous because at least Ramsey is strong, smart, and cunning).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is made worse by the fact that we have Sylvanas being more like Geoffrey (from Game of Thrones - stupid, out of control, undisciplined) rather than Ramsey Bolton (much more evil, and much more dangerous because at least Ramsey is strong, smart, and cunning).
    Both characters are paper thin, lazy, by the numbers caricatures of good/evil.

I know Warcraft never really had proper writers but it just seems to be getting worse, would expect better story telling from a 12 year old.

Deleted
    I'd rather not, I still feel more like an alliance player from when I started, my friends play Horde though and so I do too.

No, Warcraft should never ever be black and white. It should be complex. Both sides need to have justifications for their actions that are relatively understandable from both sides...

I've been pretty much an all-time Hordie and what Sylvanas did is absolutely disgusting and very disappointing. Blizzard has made the Horde "bad", and the Alliance "good".

I feel really really sad about all of this.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    As of the Burning, we're already the bad guy faction and I fucking hate it. Our 'Warchief' is a spiteful child who plots our own deaths and we're not allowed to do shit about it.