BFA profression question with expulsom

Since expulsom is not trade-able and for any decent raiding guild you will be required to craft your 355/370/385 pieces, you are basically forced into Alch(For daily BOP transmute) and LW/Tailor/BS, to fully optimize yourself, correct? I don't see any possible profession leeway here, relying on scraping blue items to hopefully get expulsom doesn't seem very reliable. Am I missing something? Are there any other professions that come even remotely close to the gain you get from them? Inscription contracts are all trad-able, so that is useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmage View Post
    Since expulsom is not trade-able and for any decent raiding guild you will be required to craft your 355/370/385 pieces, you are basically forced into Alch(For daily BOP transmute) and LW/Tailor/BS, to fully optimize yourself, correct? I don't see any possible profession leeway here, relying on scraping blue items to hopefully get expulsom doesn't seem very reliable. Am I missing something? Are there any other professions that come even remotely close to the gain you get from them? Inscription contracts are all trad-able, so that is useless.
    This is literally like old crafting, you find a tailor "here i have the mats, i pay you for the Expulsom and a tip for making it" banm that is how it worked in the past with stuff like frozen orbs, chaos orbs, and other crafted raid stuff like raiding only recipes and enchants
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Guilds requiring you to craft? Seriously?

First week you can go Mythic dungeons for 340 iLvl. Mythic+ will open up at the same time as the raids come out, and it's not like you need that small an edge for heroic raiding... by the time the real game starts, not replacing your profession gear would only be a thing with extreme bad luck and/or not doing enough M+.

Either way, having a profession solely to farm expulson is not necessary. You'll have three full weeks before raids are available. You will get enough expulsom either way. Just grab the professions you actually want and make the gear that you get access to, not really worth focusing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This is literally like old crafting, you find a tailor "here i have the mats, i pay you for the Expulsom and a tip for making it" banm that is how it worked in the past with stuff like frozen orbs, chaos orbs, and other crafted raid stuff like raiding only recipes and enchants
    If I'm not mistaken, the best profession gear is also BoP, kind of like perks of the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    Guilds requiring you to craft? Seriously?

First week you can go Mythic dungeons for 340 iLvl. Mythic+ will open up at the same time as the raids come out, and it's not like you need that small an edge for heroic raiding... by the time the real game starts, not replacing your profession gear would only be a thing with extreme bad luck and/or not doing enough M+.

Either way, having a profession solely to farm expulson is not necessary. You'll have three full weeks before raids are available. You will get enough expulsom either way. Just grab the professions you actually want and make the gear that you get access to, not really worth focusing on it.
    why gear at all, next expansion just gonna replace all your effort anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

You can dismantle gear and trinkets give you expulsom 1 per dismantle. You can also dismantle crafted gear with like 5-10% chance per dismantle for expulsom if you need to get some more.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except that BFA raid lvl crafted gear are untradeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Expulsom is not a problem,sanguicell is.They droprate is unknown(10 per boss on beta now).370/385 pieces required 25/250 sanguicells.Not only that but at the moment the source of those 250 Sang recipes are listed as "Discovery"'s from crafting the 25 Sang recipes. Sooooooo when you can craft 2 385 pieces with proper stats for your spec, any decent raiding guild clears Uldir several times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    why gear at all, next expansion just gonna replace all your effort anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

You can dismantle gear and trinkets give you expulsom 1 per dismantle. You can also dismantle crafted gear with like 5-10% chance per dismantle for expulsom if you need to get some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vpuh View Post
    Except that BFA raid lvl crafted gear are untradeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Expulsom is not a problem,sanguicell is.They droprate is unknown(10 per boss on beta now).370/385 pieces required 25/250 sanguicells.Not only that but at the moment the source of those 250 Sang recipes are listed as "Discovery"'s from crafting the 25 Sang recipes. Sooooooo when you can craft 2 385 pieces with proper stats for your spec, any decent raiding guild clears Uldir several times already.
    So I guess Expulsom won't be an issue so I can ignore the Alch requirement. But Tailoring is an objectively forced profession if you are trying to min/max. Is there any other profession like that? Contracts are tradable, and I think that's the only other needed item that can give you a edge gearing up. Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess Expulsom won't be an issue so I can ignore the Alch requirement. But Tailoring is an objectively forced profession if you are trying to min/max. Is there any other profession like that? Contracts are tradable, and I think that's the only other needed item that can give you a edge gearing up. Or am I missing something?
    tailoring/LW/BS are have BoP crafts, but for your char you want <profession that makes your armor type> and secondary is free of choice. None of the non-armor crafting profession have BoP stuff that is really needed (ilvl 300 wand for alts i guess LUL)

Yeah at first I thought Blacksmithing/Leatherworking would be really nice for the BoP gear, but after looking into the mats, I'm thinking its very likely that by the time I get the BoP reagents for it, I'll already have better just from RNG titanforging. I plan on holding off on powerleveling crafting professions right at launch, will wait to see how it plays out on my 2 raiding characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    tailoring/LW/BS are have BoP crafts, but for your char you want <profession that makes your armor type> and secondary is free of choice. None of the non-armor crafting profession have BoP stuff that is really needed (ilvl 300 wand for alts i guess LUL)
    All profs have different kind of stuff for mission table also.But mission table...uh.