Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    with elune's direct help, tyrande is basically unbeatable. so she wins, saurfang doesn't stand a chance, and even the pc would likely lose(though maybe the deathlord's unholy might would be enough to break her light, or the netherlord's fel power.)
    The player being there clearly isn't canon though, as all the edgelords have said they would probably kill Malfurion themselves. Even if they don't survive it the dude's got 1hp left.

Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    A 10000 years experienced archer which already wins even over a 10000 years experienced warrior.
    age doesn't really do anything for martial prowess. in fact, it likely hampers martial prowess, because both malfurion and tyrande have complained about feeling their age in the past. if even someone fully infused with life magics like malfurion is can feel the onset of aging, then night elves are definitely not immune to the ravages of old age.

the only thing being 10k years old would help, is a warlock or a mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    The player being there clearly isn't canon though, as all the edgelords have said they would probably kill Malfurion themselves. Even if they don't survive it the dude's got 1hp left.
    it's canon to the game, but not the novella. any quest in game that even references the fight will mention you being part of it.

so it's canon enough in my mind. but this thread is a 1v1, so i guess there's not really any need to bring the pc into it.

Can we stop with the "experience" argument? In that case the Legion should have decimated Azeroth easily.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Anyone with these ungodly ties to their characters are Mary Sue, and no, even death of Tirion doesn't convince me that these blessed characters aren't Mary Sue, since they still can pull powers and saves out of their asses
    For what it's worth, I didn't bring up the whole Elune blessing stuff, because that has never really been how Elune worked, and it doesn't really describe Tyrande's actions in Warcraft or WoW games. I agree the war of the ancients were particularly egregious of that Mary Sue type writing, but a lot of the books do that to their characters (particularly Malfurion and Illidan as the other 10k elves).

I gave Tyrande favorable odds over Saurfang because of who she is and what she's accomplished, without trying to bring in Elune.

In my interpretation of Night Elf religion, Elune is the name of the moon, and we attribute miraculous beneficial actions to the moon - because it's nice to think someone is watching over us - and 999 times out of 1000 that's probably of it: we're misattributing. Elune is sentient, not just the nelves but all races know that - she's connected to the titans and the old gods, and the heart of azeroth and argus, she's clearly more than just a rock - but does she care about individual people/elves? Probably not.

So why worship her over any of the others? At least Elune's never tried to destroy Azeroth: she's the most consistently beneficent ancient being, so long as your willing to credit her when things go right, and pardon her when she allows the continued existence of evil, or doesn't stop catastrophe.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Mechanically, Tyrande can probably get 2 arrows into Saurfang before he reaches her. If these couple arrows fail to wound him enough/outright kill him, once Saurfang is in melee range, it's over for Tyrande.

Tyrande. He was on his knees and it would take a moment for him to get up and reach her, during which he'd already have three arrows in his face.

Then Sylvanas would have unknowingly had a very pissed off night elf leader personally hunting her down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the only thing being 10k years old would help, is a warlock or a mage.
    Or priest, since that's what she is?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    That is gameplay. Not lore. Not to mention sneaky bitch doing surprise attack.
    gameplay? exactly when we could play garona?
    and surprise attack... thats the point of an assassin, a melee :|

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Tyrande. He was on his knees and it would take a moment for him to get up and reach her, during which he'd already have three arrows in his face.

Then Sylvanas would have unknowingly had a very pissed off night elf leader personally hunting her down.
    Oh scary. I'm sure Sylvannas is terrified of facing MADA MOOON in a 1 on 1 situation

Shame they didn't fight. I would have enjoyed watching Malfurion bleed out while they did.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Shame they didn't fight. I would have enjoyed watching Malfurion bleed out while they did.
    This, all the while wailing "Oh Tyrande my love, where are you, Tyrande!! Tyrande, ohh my love!!"

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    gameplay? exactly when we could play garona?
    and surprise attack... thats the point of an assassin, a melee :|
    Cutscene that is gameplay oriented. Yes, that is, no time to react. Otherwise he would send her moon with hip thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    She also helped to relieve the pain for the dying Night Elves, and Sylvanas suspected that she influenced Saurfang's mind to stop him from killing Malfurion as well (might or might not be true). So yes, Eluned helped her for whatever reason there was. If anything, I guess this show that Elune either can't make an attack on Azeroth without doing it through someone, or she is pretty whimsical - why else would someone supposedly as powerful as that, didn't help the dying NE but just gave them magical painkillers instead (that was what Astarii asked)? Probably not the later, I hope.
    if you ask me, Gods like Elune shouldn't help much.

they just give some protection and stuff but won't directly interfere.

it's one of those things where writers insert Gods don't meddle directly plot.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    if you ask me, Gods like Elune shouldn't help much.
    She doesn't. No more than the Light already does. The Light doesn't come when Sylvanas is murdering innocent human civilians either, it only ever manifests at the call of a priest or paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Can we stop with the "experience" argument? In that case the Legion should have decimated Azeroth easily.
    Okay. We've already listed a thousand other reasons why Tyrande would win so we can give Saurfang this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    She doesn't. No more than the Light already does. The Light doesn't come when Sylvanas is murdering innocent human civilians either, it only ever manifests at the call of a priest or paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. We've already listed a thousand other reasons why Tyrande would win so we can give Saurfang this one.
    Alliance leaders are weak.

What's that Varian? Random felguard?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    I cannot stand post-Warcraft 3 Tyrande, but nor can I imagine a scenario where she wouldn't mop the floor with Saurfang. He's like, the best Warrior alive, but he's still just a warrior. Even in Warcraft, that can only mean so much. And she has millennia on him. It's not like she would have to fight fair either. That's her forest. She probably has sentinels and druids hiding in ambush, punji pits, sentinel owls, quasi-sentient beasts on hand, Starfall, master archery, moon-blessed arrows, deadly glave skills, and even if a Mary Suefang overcomes all that she'll have her trump card "THE GODDESS IS MY SHIELD" bullshit to stop his axe. Ughhhh. It's terrible but I don't see how he could win. Drinking the blood of Mannoroth?
    He one shotted the most powerful druid alive....but yeah whiny priest girl who had like one cool moment in 30 years of a game would win?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Alliance leaders are weak.

What's that Varian? Random felguard?
    Three felguards, five or six including the one he killed, and Gul'dan. Better than Vol'jin. Widdle baby bwoke a tusk. :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    He one shotted the most powerful druid alive....but yeah whiny priest girl who had like one cool moment in 30 years of a game would win?
    One-shotted? He got a hit from behind while he was already in a fight. Sylvanas somehow got him down to 30% even if we're gonna use the ingame event as an example. I'm not saying they underplayed Malfurion's power for plot convenience, but they underplayed Malfurion's power for plot convenience.

Tyrande by all accounts is one of the strongest characters in Warcraft lore. It's just that WoW refuses to show this and has turned Tyrande into a shell of herself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isnt Saurfang the dude that gets shot in just about every wow cinematic and then ressed again? i mean, he got some weaknesses to arrows x)

I think it would go like Garrosh vs Thrall.