Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you more willing to wait and see on BFA story after "Old Soldier"?

After Warbringer Sylvanas people were imo rightfully up in arms. Alliance were mad because we blatantly comiited genocide against innocents on a massive scale. Horde players are mad because we feel like the horde isnt our home anymore. As a horde player this isnt my horde. I signed up for Thrall's honorable horde. IM getting real sick of losing warchiefs and feeling like the bad guy. Im fine wityh being slightly more grey than the alliance, but Sylvanas crossed a line. I was barely compfortable with the idea of us occupying Teldrassil, but this is too much. Saurfang didnt say a fucking word in game. I lost hope. Then last night blizzard dropped the Old Soldier cinematic. Gave a lot of insight into how Saurfang actially feels, and I actually feel sorry for him.

IM willing to give Blizzard another chance here. Im still slightly pissed about Sylvanas, but maybe I'm supposed to be? How do you guys feel?

The only real enemy going into BfA is the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirak View Post
    The only real enemy going into BfA is the writing.
    almost cut myself on your edginess

The expansion isn't even out yet. No reason to be pointlessly enraged and condemning the story until we've seen the whole picture. Just wait to judge it until its all done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't & doesn't feel right for them to leave that out of the game.

That said, I feel like it's going places and interesting. Dunno what people are thinking with "oh man I should helm the writing" or whatnot.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    I have no problem playing the bad/evil faction but with the writing there is just so much that doesn't make sense or feels weird and when they say stuff like just wait till you see it all and then we get exactly what we thought feels like cheap hype.

Sylvanas has been doing evil stuff for a while so it doesn't surprise me she did something like this but how a lot of other character are acting and dealing with this it al feels rushed and unfinished.

I was always willing to wait since it's silly to judge things based only on the pre-expansion lore events.

But I'm definitely a bit more optimistic after Old Soldier, so that's something.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just let the story unfold and learn more about what's actually going on instead of jumping to conclusions. You can give your thoughts on the expansion once it's over.

I never understood the outrage. It's like people don't know the purpose of a prologue in a story...

Deleted
    No, I'm not.

The only way I could ever be possibly looking forward to the BFA story is if blizzard starts doing actual hotfixes, which are class balancing.

Is it me or does that Troll die in the end?

By which he was the one fighting Anduin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycon View Post

zappy boy is the caster not the shield troll

Quote Originally Posted by Mycon View Post

Different trolls. one had grey hair

No. Not at all. While the cinematic was nice and shows they know how a lot of Horde players feel about their faction. None of it matters since we know what happens right after this. They have yet to show any cohesive or consistent writing going into this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nope. I've played around 40 hours on the beta and it wasn't enjoyable in the least.
    Why did you spend 40 hours doing something you don't like

I didn't jump on the screecher bandwagon to begin with.

Of course I'll wait until we've seen the full story before judging it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tonicsargeras View Post
    I never understood the outrage. It's like people don't know the purpose of a prologue in a story...
    The Negative Nancy crowd jumps on any reason to be outraged, really.

Funny how they'll all be playing all the same, paying for said "shit story" or whatever else they're pissy about.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    zappy boy is the caster not the shield troll
    Yeah i just rewatched your right zappy is the guy at the start while the other troll who attacks Anduin is much older plus he is wearing different shoulders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totes View Post
    Different trolls. one had grey hair
    Yeah your right

Well Blizzard got my money already and I'm not as salty about the prologue as some expect everyone to be, so I'll ride it out
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want Saurfang to be Warchief, but I'm afriad hes going to die to serve the narrative.

Definitely. My horde tabards are back on my alts. I stand by Saurfang.

I hope we see Zekhan in BFA, the two of them have an interesting dynamic.