Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    any chance of her losing the job?
    not likely. NYT is a tabloid at this point, so who really gives a shit what they do. Still funny to watch hypocrites squirm to defend her.
    Working on my next ban.

I think the majority of posters don’t understand what “Trump supporters” (see: those with common-sense) mean by saying this is a double standard. If a white person said this it would be nothing BUT grounds for uproar and termination. It’s honestly akin to male/female being treated equal, same pay, same jobs etc, yet jobs that require any sort of testing/training we alter the standards for women.

It’s sickening the PC culture the world has delved into.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go so this will be my last post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Lucky you, for people who don't have the privilege of ignoring their race though it is something they can't avoid.

Yes it was built upon white supremacy. The rights of colonists to Native American land etc.
    Right to conquest. Every single ethnic group has exercised it - no exceptions. That doesn't mean it's justified, but I have a hard time seeing how white supremacy is tying in here.

The US was built upon tenets of equality that were quickly forgotten once the British were expelled. See: immediate laws about immigration being brought in.
    The tenets of equality have been used many times at many points in American history. The fact that we made some immigration laws doesn't change that.

The civil war was fought a lot longer after much of the world had already condemned slavery.

Giving people who were black equal rights in 1965 is absolutely abysmal and really shows that equality wasn't a foundation, just and afterthought.
    The civil war also happened a lot longer after the US banned import or export of slaves in 1808. I don't see your point.

As for 'equal rights', It's a bit more complicated than that. The civil rights movement in the 1960s was mostly about enforcement of laws guaranteeing equality, not the formation of new laws. In any case, this certainly does not suggest that equality was just an afterthought. You need to understand where colonial America was starting and I don't have time to go into that.

The US is not the most desirable place to live in the world wtf? Most people want to live in Europe where they have healthcare and shit. The days of the American dream are over buddy.
    Not according to these guys.

Immigration application numbers by country are surprisingly hard to find, but the current dogma is that the US is still way above everyone else. Feel free to contradict this with actual data.

Given the fact you talk about white guilt means you're probably talking out your ass about treating other people better, what you're doing is probably condescending.
    Nope, wrong. Sorry!

White people aren't demons (well some of them are) but they defend the actions of those that are and ignore the impact that those demons had.
    'White people' don't defend the actions of criminals. Some people - who happen to be white - do. Just like some people - who happen to be black - like to steal shit.

Also, who's ignoring the impact of colonization? That's not what's happening, at all. Modern caucasians are simply not responsible for the crimes of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    If her tweets replaced the word white with black, would you still have the same thoughts?
    Yes, obviously? I don't really understand your question. Are you trying to suggest that I'm a hypocrite? You're digging in the wrong zone my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    for other people sure, not for me.
    Good for you then..
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    as a white person when someone insults white people and white people get butt hurt about it i just look at them like you're an idiot. they expect everyone else to just get over it when they want to be offensive to them but the moment anyone flips it on them, they cry cry cry like you're doing. you're white. your life can be hard when you're white, your life will never be hard because you're white. let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You don't have to be a Trump supporter to see this as fucking hypocrisy, you just have to see it as someone who thinks racism is wrong and doesn't make sense.
    Oh, if you read what I said I put “Trump supported” (see: those with common-sense) as exactly that, those with common-sense will see this for the hypocrisy it is, and therefore you’re not on “their side”, i.e. Trump supporter.

Same thing with police shootings, sure a minute fraction are in a potential “wow yea cop was just wrong”, but when the person clearly has a weapon/reached, etc it’s still “ftp fuck da police. Hang him”.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    You absolutely would.... it'd just be coming from the other side of the fence - as would the outrage.

I honestly don't care about the content of her tweets or their context. It's the double standard that bothers me: if you're going to play the moral arbiter and fire your staff for past statements, then you need to be consistent, lest you give off the impression that some ethnic/cultural groups are acceptable targets. "No bad tactics, only bad targets", and all that.
    you're right i probably would, i just forgot this site is just full of ppl flinging shit at each other like monkeys... they cry left, right, up and down but in the end its the same shit... just different smell...

The left taught me that racists are bad. If the left is embracing racism as one of their core values, the left is bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The left taught me that racists are bad. If the left is embracing racism as one of their core values, the left is bad?
    Hating white people is in fashion hombre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I think the majority of posters don’t understand what “Trump supporters” (see: those with common-sense) mean by saying this is a double standard. If a white person said this it would be nothing BUT grounds for uproar and termination. It’s honestly akin to male/female being treated equal, same pay, same jobs etc, yet jobs that require any sort of testing/training we alter the standards for women.

It’s sickening the PC culture the world has delved into.
    We understand what you're saying.

You're just wrong. There are principles applied to these kinds of things which you, apparently, refuse to consider or acknowledge. You try and boil it down to "sides", and who it's "fair" to target, which is nonsense from the get-go.

The important points here are that she recognized she was in the wrong, made a public apology to that effect, and has promised to never repeat that.

You want an example of a white guy getting similar consideration? Robert Byrd. Guy was a member of the KKK. Not just a sympathizer, outright member. He saw through the hate early on, though, left the organization and disavowed them completely, and became a US Senator a few years later. Because of his staunch disavowment of his history with the KKK and their beliefs, and his career dedicated to pursuing civil liberties for minority groups, he was granted the same kind of forgiveness.

Step 1 is to disavow whatever it was you did that was objectionable. This means you A> admit you did it, and B> that you were wrong to do it, and C> you don't support that any more.

Step 2 is to make amends. This may mean dedicating your career to working to fix the divide you contributed to. It may not mean much is required. This truly depends on how bad you made things.

Step 3 is to never repeat the issue or anything similar. Doing so demonstrates the disavowal was a cowardly lie that you did not truly believe, and you should rightly be excoriated at this point.

Examples like Roseanne? She didn't disavow. She defended her statements. She didn't apologize. She didn't try and make amends. And she certainly didn't change her tune in the aftermath. It is not a double standard, it's one standard. One that some people live up to, and which others do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    That wasn't the question.
    I don't care. You use the mention feature and asks me if some korean in another country is my sister for no reason whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by felrager View Post
    as a white person when someone insults white people and white people get butt hurt about it i just look at them like you're an idiot. they expect everyone else to just get over it when they want to be offensive to them but the moment anyone flips it on them, they cry cry cry like you're doing. you're white. your life can be hard when you're white, your life will never be hard because you're white. let it go.
    Please give a logical and well thought out response to this. Why or what exactly makes a black person's life inherently hard?

Edit: Oh, and trust me white people aren't butthurt about being "insulted". White people get "butthurt" that apparently being white is a sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Wow what a shocking statement from Endus. Who could have guessed that he is right and we are all wrong.......... again.
    I note that you don't actually have an argument. You may have noticed there was a pretty broad explanation for why the argument presented was wrong, there.

The Tweets are sickening, and the New York Times deciding to hire her is far worse. Individuals who hold and exercise these revolting opinions—regardless of how long ago they were—should not be employed the public or private sphere. If there are no real consequences to racism, it is never going away. This is a huge step backwards in the struggle against racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. I thought SJWs considered folk from Asia to also be White People and that's why they constantly say they're irrelevant to a discussion/argument when talking about minorities. Does that mean she's actually degrading herself or have the goal posts/classifications shifted again?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    As a white male, I find some of those posts pretty hilarious. I am actually genetic disposed to burn fast in the sun, so maybe living underground is a better idea !
    Same here.

I am so bleech I blind people. and if I go out in the sun i turn red really fast.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seems some people are easily trolled.

You guys might all need to stop being such sensitive little snowflakes.
    Since when is "just a troll, bro" a valid excuse for racism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    you're the one who typed blablabla wrong, wrong and wrong again. You're not really in a position to say "that's all you've got".

Hey I've gotta figure out just how warped your views are about how the "west is best"..

Uh, it happened in New Zealand, Africa, Australia and many Pacific Island nations too.

What? Taking out a large portion of the population does kinda but them in a position where they're unable or unlikely to resist... It also means you can take the land without as much opposition which is something many colonial forces took advantage of. It wasn't solely about slavery and the fact you think it was is a testament to your lack of understanding of western colonization.

Not really, many black people are still provided the bare minimum to survive and in many cases aren't. You can't justify the current social climate because technology is better. It would be like saying children working in factories is better because they have technology.

Sure you can draw comparisons between apples and oranges though, they are both fruit, they are related.

More =/= proportionally more likely. Proportion is the issue here. The fact black people are more likely to be victims of police violence compared to white people is an issue and a big one at that.

Poverty and violence are closely related, but hey you keep your racist narrative it's funny to read.

I don't miss the days when people like you just denied being racist, it's a lot funnier to watch you cry racism when you obviously haven't tried to understand the world outside your own perspective.
    I'm all in the position to say "that's all you've got?" because i'm clearly ahead of you on this one.

You do know how conquest work or...?

"Lack of understanding of western colonization"; AH AH AH AH AH AH AH ! I'm from a country where public and quality education is a thing you know? I understand that you can't have a grasp of what i am talking about, but contrary to you, i followed extensive courses about colonization, especially the french one, and nothing was left aside: the good and the bad were taught.

Not really, many black people are still provided the bare minimum to survive and in many cases aren't. You can't justify the current social climate because technology is better.
    I'm not justifying anything, i'm just saying that pretending the white people are all responsible for everything and that black people are eternal victims is a blatant lie.

More =/= proportionally more likely. Proportion is the issue here. The fact black people are more likely to be victims of police violence compared to white people is an issue and a big one at that.
    And of course is has nothing to do with the fact 13% of the general population is representing 50% of the violent crimes committed; oh but of course, it is because of racism, everything is racism, poverty is racism, that's why the poorest white are committing less crimes than the whole black population but hey, racism narrative !

I don't miss the days when people like you just denied being racist, it's a lot funnier to watch you cry racism when you obviously haven't tried to understand the world outside your own perspective.
    The thing here is YOU are the racist here, a pretty blatant and absolute case of racism, fueled by an intense and infinite hatred, which seems to irradiate everything in fact, as i know you also hate men.
    And the world is much more complicated than you think, but hey, you lack education like many of your fellow americans, i don't blame you; contrary to you, i live in a country where education and critical thinking are still a thing, unlike you; that's why you can't even comprehend the irony of YOU using the word perspective to justify your twisted and masochist view of the world.
    Last edited by Uncle; 2018-08-03 at 04:22 PM.

Support free speech = "Nazi"
    Be openly racist = "Victim"