Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legion. Boring content outside mythic+ and raids.

But these got boring as well in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Battle for Azeroth. The first time since 2004 that I feel the game doesn't have anything interesting that draws me towards it, not feeling the story, I dislike the changes to certain classes, PvP and Raids just doesn't feel as rewardin. Played through late alpha and the beta, just didn't get the "feel" for this expansion so I recently stopped my sub and figured I'd uninstall the game, and most irl friends who played WoW left late in Legion, so the guild emptied slowly but surely. Either done for good, or I'll keep an eye out of another expansion seems more interesting.
    Last edited by KingSapmi; 2018-08-03 at 12:19 PM.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh god full servers, so glad they nearly trippled the max players for servers...
    they also fake populaiton nowadays too, many oceanic servers are "high" no matter what time of day. Thats how you can tell they're faking it. Back in the day the servers population would change based on how many people are logged in at that time. Though I'd imagine nowadays maybe they have it setup on how many characters on the server, which is even worse and a worse presentation of servers population.

The only time I really "quit" WoW was in Classic. Gave TBC a try as well, but quit that one too, with no intention of coming back. Yet for Wrath I did and the game has held constant interest to me ever since, with regular breaks only being a thing rather than quitting.

During Classic and TBC I wasn't that invested in lore and it was poorly presented compared to Wrath->present day. The difficulty and fluidness of gameplay weren't good either, and Outland didn't appeal to me. Blood elves and their zones were the best part of TBC, otherwise I consider it the worst, even worse than Cataclysm.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The requirement to move servers, AGAIN, in order to join a high end raiding guild. Fuck you Blizzard. If cross server raiding was allowed at all levels during WoD, instead of limited to heroic, I very well may still be playing the game today.
    Now with cross realm communities. No reason to not have cross realm guilds anymore. And with cross realm guilds. Just remove the mythic lockout thing. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    After TBC I've taken excessive breaks every xpac. Like, 8-10 months or so.

Go full ham during the first few months, take a large break, go full ham during the last few months. And some on/off time in between.
    Keeps the game fresh. I've never felt the urge to make topics like these.

Legion grinds and RNG poisoned what could have been an amazing comeback expansion for me.

I played only 2-3 months total.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Now with cross realm communities. No reason to not have cross realm guilds anymore. And with cross realm guilds. Just remove the mythic lockout thing. Problem solved.
    Yeah, the problem looks like it has been resolved. Sadly, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Legion.
    That's it
    Weird, that's what got me playing WoW again.

I quit around Cataclysm because WotLK burned me out. Doing the same dailies over and over, running those same dungeons, and the raiding community didn't help.

Personal loot, and just getting a raiding guild that was less obsessed over loot and more lenient to my schedule made a big difference in getting back into that. They made it easier to get into raiding with the improved group finder, then I wanted to do that regularly so I joined a raiding guild again, and I always had a variety of things to do. A sharp contrast.

Level scaling (pve and especially pvp) was the final straw. The changes Crapaclysm brought is still my biggest gripe. Now I play a private server and I'm enjoying all the things that made this game great. Because of their choices, Blizzard doesn't deserve my money or time.

I quit in wrath because Naxx 2.0 and achievements. I have always disliked achievements, the thought of wiping to a boss over and over (on purpose) so you can do some gimmick was not a fun time to me.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2018-08-03 at 06:54 PM.

I quit like twice every xpack at some point where I get bored or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    they also fake populaiton nowadays too, many oceanic servers are "high" no matter what time of day. Thats how you can tell they're faking it. Back in the day the servers population would change based on how many people are logged in at that time. Though I'd imagine nowadays maybe they have it setup on how many characters on the server, which is even worse and a worse presentation of servers population.
    fake server population lol alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I quit was shortly before 4.3. I quit for a number of reasons but the main reason was that the community I played with transferred/quit. I didn't enjoy how they started rewarding everyone for playing rather than reserving rewards for people who worked for them. Back in wotlk I'd get 2200 each season and would demolish people in random BG's. Whether I had that gear or the same as them made no difference. All that changed was how much health I'd walk away with after killing them. It made random BG's stupidly fun by having a pocket healer and getting 50+ killing blows. Not to say I couldn't do the same in Cata, but it was more difficult as the playing field was more even, but if I wanted an even playing field I'd do RBG's or Arena, not random BG's.

I returned in WoD for 2 months and then quit again because I had no community and the game felt too different (really didn't feel like giving it a try). I returned a few months after Legion was released and have been playing since. I did take a couple month break after my guild decided to pump the breaks on raiding until BfA. I was burning out at that point anyways as we were stuck at that 4/11 mythic point.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I only quit once, thanks to the The Burning Crusade expansion. Probably cost me the veteran statue. Dark time in WoW for me, I'm honestly surprised I ever came back to the game.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Catashit hit the fan.
    I did make a new account around halfway through Pandas.

i'm not sure
    i just feel meh about it now
    i think i need another world changing xpac
    i tend to like the xpacs that most ppl don't like
    i loved cata and wod so... yeah
    can't seem to nail down how i feel about this one
    i wonder where thrall is and i feel like blizz has made a mess of the characters
    i'm just not feeling it anymore but i really want to

The bullshit Legion grind and general terrible gameplay of Shadow. The inability to roll an alt really irked me as well.

At Ulduar launch they changed the game minimun specs. And i started to study on the university, so i didnt had time to play, also the game started to get more casual and i had been burned out by the naxx rehash, so i quitted. I started to play again on cata..but still...no time...so i quit.

Then WOD and the promise of a true Horde came out and at that time i had money, time and a wife who loved warcraft, so i came back.

Then i stopped playing at 7.2 because the game became boring and dull to me.....aannnnnd....annnnndddddd then they announced the Zandalari and here i am again.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?