Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fact is majority of players are CASUALS/Non-Hardcore/"Nabs" that's a straight fact so why wouldn't blizzard try and keep majority of their income engaged in the game?

If Blizzard only focused on the "hardcore" gang this game would be dead and floating belly up as they are in the minority as with most games.
    Last edited by Nzo; 2018-08-04 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Typo
    Oh hi

I just want to know 1 thing... WTF is "nabs"?

Deleted
    Nabs? I know noobs and newbs, but what the hell are nabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I just want to know 1 thing... WTF is "nabs"?
    It's a terrible term for "Noob/Casual/Beginner"
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    It's a terrible term for "Noob/Casual/Beginner"
    Ah, got it, Elitist post, with nonsensical words, Ty Nzo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing WoW in vanilla. WoW is harder now than it has ever been. That is a fact. It annoys me to no end when I hear people who aren't raiding mythic content complain about the game being "dumbed down".
    “People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.”

― Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

Because "nabs" are 99% of the playerbase, and the game is supposed to cater to us. If you don't like it, just leave. The game will survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    This has been proven time and time again to be objectively false. The players seem to think that making things difficult makes things "worth" obtaining and as a result will encourage people to try harder. In reality, it frustrates people and they eventually say "Screw this" and stop trying.
    Exactly. Players who like competition just cant understand concept of casual gaming. Why cant they understand that is the real question.
    Killing boars while leveling, listening to music and watching netflix on tv, all the same time, is truly fun to large crowd of people. Wiping in dungeons/raids is frustrating to them, failing isnt their kind of fun.

Boss fights have probably never been more complex than they are now. But i guess the dreadful vanilla bosses where you had to dispell 1 thing and kill an add now and again while doing your 1-3 ability rotation was so much harder.

Sure, it took a lot longer between bosses back in the glorious shit days. But this was generaly bad tuning. The mechanics was shit easy and with todays addons, you would oneshot most of it. Guilds are much better today. Bosses are much harder. (strictly speaking mythic bosses)

I came here to ask WTF is a nab? but i see other people have already asked and been answered.

So back on topic

Because blizz wants to cater to everyone and they do a reasonable job at that otherwise this game wouldve ended years ago!

Casuals or nabs as you call them are the majority and who pay the bills

That's what they've been doing w/ all of their games since the very beginning. Even your precious Vanilla was their casual answer to all other MMOs which were relatively punishing and hardcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringywowplayer View Post
    I fail to understand the practices that blizzard executions during each expansion. The game overall is very easy now, I don't even exaggerate.

The easy something is, the more accessible will be to anyone, hence making the object/action not valuable.

Take this example in academics. The less students are in your class when you further your studies (Mg or PhD) the harder and more valuable you get after you pass, because you are the only one or few more people who actually passed the hardest obstacles. Which means?? You get rewarded by being more valuable to the society and get paid much more.

Same thing with WoW, if you are on the easy mode all the time, its just MINDLESS play without any value.
    Rotations for some classes are easy, mythic/m+ is not...

I thought mythic raiding was good for group challenge and the mage tower artifact skins were good for solo challenge.

5+ Year Old Account
    I dont think the game is very mindless now , except leveling.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, the game caters to both. More 'hardcore' raiders than ever. You think anyone really gives a fuck if LFR is shit? Nobody. Nobody cares if LFR is shit. If Mythic is slightly off tuning by a couple of % here or there, you'll fucking hear about it over and over again. People will say it's shit, it's dumb, Blizz fucked up, they had months to change it rah rah rah then it'll get 'fixed' and then people will say WTF Blizz you're nerfing shit, catering to casuals, lol you scrubs can't even beat it as it was intended and so on. Every single fucking time this happens for every single tier.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't know, mythics seem kinda hard? And then there were the mage tower challenges?

In my opinion, Blizzard catered to the more "hardcore" audience quite a lot in this expansion.

I've no idea where you are trying to go with the academics stuff.
    Pretty much this. I always roll my eyes at these dumb-ass 'WoW so easy now' topics when there is just a huge list of stuff to do for advanced/skilled players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Because the game was so hard during vanilla and TBC when some classes just spammed one spell?
    Exactly. People act like WoW was so hardcore back in vanilla... lol please. WoW at its absolute hardest hardcore point was still a casual, fluffy snowpuff compared to the MMOs that came before it. And that is precisely why WoW blew up the way it did... being accessible to a degree no other MMO at the time was.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

"Nabs" as you call it, make up the large vast majority of wow and games in general so why wouldnt Blizzard "cater" to them more and more. High m+, mythic raids and high arena are still in the game if you still want to play at a higher level.

Is that a bad thing though? Why focus on 2% of the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Is that a bad thing though? Why focus on 2% of the playerbase.
    Wildstar tried and we all know how that went.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I'm one of those people that has seen blizzard systematically destroy everything that I ever loved about this game. There's nothing that I can do about that other than move on but I definitely don't believe WoW had to turn out like this. I don't believe blizzard had to completely eliminate one audience to cater to another. I think both audiences can exist harmoniously in a game that caters to everyone but that is clearly not what Blizzard had in mind.

This game has such incredible potential but it will never be realized. I hope there will be another mmo in the future that I can be passionate about, but with everything I've seen I highly doubt that is ever going to happen.