Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    It is, if they did actually advertise it as preorder feature, which is not the case, i think. "One week earlier" was forum announcement about launch schedule - they can change that on whim.
    It was a QnA where he said "we're thinking about doing the Battle a week early for prepurchasers", but never a definite until it was the opposite. Anyone who's been around more then an expansion knows blizzard doesn't speak in guarantees til the last second.

eh, this DOES make sense, it's very similar to Broken Shore scenario from Legion, being directly tied into the cinematic and also being only BfA content would mean people who ordered physical copies of the game, especially CEs, wouldn't be able to play it yet, for no good reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    The only thing these news should do is make more people happy.
    But nooo, you just have to be a bunch of salty bastards...
    If Blizzard had advertised something as a pre-order benefit and then yanked it a week before launch then I think that's a pretty fair reason to be upset. It's just dishonest marketing.

That said, they didn't promise it - but I know I originally thought they had, hard to remember where everything you read comes from.
    Chalking (misplaced) annoyance at dishonest marketing up as being "salty bastards" is silly though, it's a perfectly valid reason to be upset and companies shouldn't be able to get away with lying to customers without backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    eh, this DOES make sense, it's very similar to Broken Shore scenario from Legion, being directly tied into the cinematic and also being only BfA content would mean people who ordered physical copies of the game, especially CEs, wouldn't be able to play it yet, for no good reason.
    It's not that bad this time, Blizzard have FINALLY went back to the old model where if you order a physical CE you can also just buy a digital copy of the game and then get a refund (admittedly in bnet balance, but that converts into sub time which seems fair enough).
    The last few expansions where they just unbound a useless key were disgusting and essentially "punished" the biggest fans who bought the expensive physical CE by making them either buy the game twice or not play on launch until whenever their post turned up.

Nice to see they've come to their senses over that, especially considering back in MOP I think it was, they had this EXACT same policy and then just stopped doing it for WOD / Legion.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2018-08-07 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    Jesus christ..

For every other upcoming release, people are screaming "get rid of Pre-Order Bonuses" and purchase it for the game and game alone - They remove (a stupid) exclusive Pre Order Bonus that comes with BfA in favor of letting everyone play it, BfA or not, and everyone is up in arms... It feels like the MMO Badgers are a million miles behind the majority of the gaming market.
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2018-08-07 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Jesus christ..

For every other upcoming release, people are screaming "get rid of Pre-Order Bonuses" and purchase it for the game and game alone - They remove (a stupid) exclusive Pre Order Bonus that comes with BfA in favor of letting everyone play it, BfA or not, and everyone is up in arms... It feels like the MMO Badgers are a million miles behind the majority of the gaming market.
    It's like different people having different oppinions. Sorry but the same people who are against pre-order-bonuses who weren't happy about it aren't the people now who complains pro pre-order-bonuses. But i'm happy that people who didn't bought bfa to get at least an insight how bad bfa is and encourage them not to buy this crappy expansion!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Everyone can experience it on BfA release. Playing that scenario a week earlier was an exclusive pre order bonus.
    As somebody who pre-ordered the second it was available. I'll let the people who didn't pre-order it have this one

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    Good lord, this thread is depressing.

It really proves the old "If Blizzard literally gave you guys gold bars you'd whine about how heavy they are" joke.

Some people really need to take a cold shower to get their hate boners down.
    you are wrong

its more akin to "if you paid blizzard for gold bars and then blizzard started to give them away for free you'd whine"

this is just dishonest marketing and blizzard should be sued for it,

we literaly paid to have early acces to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are wrong

its more akin to "if you paid blizzard for gold bars and then blizzard started to give them away for free you'd whine"

Jesus christ. This has to be the best one yet. Way better than the "bleeding subs" or "desperation" comments.

No you fucking didn't. You paid for a boost and Allied Races. They mentioned "the possibility" of doing that for the prepatch. They are free to go back on that as they never set it in concrete and never added it to the BFA preorder page. Just like they can easily postpone the BFA launch if a critical issue arises that prevents the expansion from being able to be released.

But by all means sue them. Watch a judge laugh you out of court if you really want that. Because you have absolutely nothing to go on.

Hey if you want just for the extra shits and giggles you could try and get them under a RICO and claim they are a criminal organisation. I mean the way you are going on about this along with a few others on the forums you make them out to be one at this point.

Dishonest marketing would have only occurred had they 100% stated that the pre patch event this week would be early access for BFA preorders. They made a minor implication that they were free to revoke.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-07 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are wrong

You paid for the expansion pack.

One week early access to a 15 minute scenario is not what you bought the expansion for, don't be dishonest.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    You paid for the expansion pack.

One week early access to a 15 minute scenario is not what you bought the expansion for, don't be dishonest.
    If anything a judge would throw it out as Defamation.

Slander or Libel of course depending on whether it's spoken or written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If anything a judge would throw it out as Defamation.

Slander or Libel of course depending on whether it's spoken or written.
    To use his gold bars analogy it's more like Blizzard put gold bars up for sale and promised a free bar of candy next week to everyone who purchases before the end of the week, then decided to give out a bar of free candy to everyone who turned up at the "gold bar store" that day instead of just the people who purchased.

Ridiculous thing to complain about.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote from Ion:

The prepatch will include events leading up to the burning of Teldrassil, the world tree, which is what starts the Alliance and Horde factions on their road to all-out war.

"There will be some story-driven quest content, world quests, with a bit of catch-up gear, telling the story of the Horde incursion into the night elven lands, that will lead up to the actual burning of Teldrassil," he said. "We want to be sure we’re actually telling that story in the game. That’s going to be our pre-launch event that unfolds over the course of a week and a half or so. That will be available to everyone who’s playing World of Warcraft, regardless of whether you own BfA or not.

"Then, for players who have purchased BfA, we’re thinking about a week before the expansion drops, you’ll be able to do the battle for Lordaeron scenario, in the same way people were able to do the battle for Broken Shore in advance of the Legion expansion. That will tell that piece of the story.

"And then of course the Alliance and Horde begin to muster their forces and prepare for war."

That war begins on August 13-14 (the 13th in North America), as Blizzard coordinates its first-ever world-wide simultaneous launch for a Warcraft expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    Quote from Ion:

The prepatch will include events leading up to the burning of Teldrassil, the world tree, which is what starts the Alliance and Horde factions on their road to all-out war.

"There will be some story-driven quest content, world quests, with a bit of catch-up gear, telling the story of the Horde incursion into the night elven lands, that will lead up to the actual burning of Teldrassil," he said. "We want to be sure we’re actually telling that story in the game. That’s going to be our pre-launch event that unfolds over the course of a week and a half or so. That will be available to everyone who’s playing World of Warcraft, regardless of whether you own BfA or not.

"Then, for players who have purchased BfA, we’re thinking about a week before the expansion drops, you’ll be able to do the battle for Lordaeron scenario, in the same way people were able to do the battle for Broken Shore in advance of the Legion expansion. That will tell that piece of the story.

"And then of course the Alliance and Horde begin to muster their forces and prepare for war."

That war begins on August 13-14 (the 13th in North America), as Blizzard coordinates its first-ever world-wide simultaneous launch for a Warcraft expansion.
    Key word in that sentence. THINKING. So it was never set in stone but just put forward as a possible idea. They were thinking of doing it and then changed their minds. So they weren't dishonest, didn't lie or deceive. Good to know that the people spouting those lines were wrong then.

Also considering how close to BFA it was mentioned I highly doubt pre purchasers were coming in droves to play a quick scenario. That quote about "mustering for war" implies a small thing at the start of BFA as well.

However Broken Shore didn't require a Legion prepurchase.

Things change. If a scenario change so that everyone can do it has people this rattled then they need to re-evaluate their priorities imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-07 at 09:56 AM.

Key word in that sentence. THINKING. So it was never set in stone but just put forward as a possible idea. They were thinking of doing it and then changed their minds. So they weren't dishonest, didn't lie or deceive. Good to know that the people spouting those lines were wrong then.

Also considering how close to BFA it was mentioned I highly doubt pre purchasers were coming in droves to play a quick scenario. That quote about "mustering for war" implies a small thing at the start of BFA as well.

However Broken Shore didn't require a Legion prepurchase.

Things change. If a scenario change so that everyone can do it has people this rattled then they need to re-evaluate their priorities imo.
    It wouldn't be dishonest if Ion himself stepped forward and openly said :"I changed my mind". That would be honest.
    Key words for me that Pr-patch finishes with burning the tree. Anything after is BfA. So if they changed their mind, an honest thing to do would be just to move scenario to launch. And not in the way "we're thinking of giving a little bit extra on top for those who already bought BfA. Nah, fuck that, everyone is considered special, we can't do that".

It's not about scenario change, it's a continuation of reaction on a large number of backstabs from Blizz after intro cinematic hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzuru View Post
    It wouldn't be dishonest if Ion himself stepped forward and openly said :"I changed my mind". That would be honest.
    Key words for me that Pr-patch finishes with burning the tree. Anything after is BfA. So if they changed their mind, an honest thing to do would be just to move scenario to launch. And not in the way "we're thinking of giving a little bit extra on top for those who already bought BfA. Nah, fuck that, everyone is considered special, we can't do that".

It's not about scenario change, it's a continuation of reaction on a large number of backstabs from Blizz after intro cinematic hype.
    "Backstabs"? Dude they aren't your best friend there to cuddle you every time you find something you dislike about the game that others may not.

It's a damn scenario. They not once stated 100% that the Battle would be guaranteed for pre purchases and were thinking about it.

And how do you know it wasn't Ion who changed it? It's a blue post from a CM. The only place they could have gotten that info is from the dev team. And who has the final say on changes to the game?

So yes I'll stick with my opinion of people are complaining for the sake of it rather than seeing this as good thing benefiting everyone rather than a select bunch of people. And that I won't believe anyone who says they pre purchased this for a 10 minute scenario that was only announced as an idea 4 or so weeks ago and was then scrapped because it was a stupid idea.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-07 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    bleeding subs
    Still addicted after all these years?

"Backstabs"? Dude they aren't your best friend there to cuddle you every time you find something you dislike about the game.

It's a damn scenario. They not once stated 100% that the Battle would be guaranteed for pre purchases and were thinking about it.

And how do you know it wasn't Ion who changed it? It's a blue post from a CM. The only place they could have gotten that info is from the dev team. And who do all the final says/big changes go through?
    Well they never stated they aren't my best friend either.
    I'm also not their best friend. That's why I'm not buying their announcements as they put them. For me "we believe it's not what you deserve" =/= "We've fucked up. We're very sorry. Please forgive us. Here is a ritual offering"

Good change. Shouldn't have to own an expansion to see pre patch content.
    So "Welcome to Draenor" and Broken Shore scenario should have also been available without buying the expansion they were designed for? Battle for Undercity is not a prepatch content, its a required scenario which the begining of BfA and you need to do it (probably only once like with Broken Shore) to advance to Kul Tiras / Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Oh wow...

Pre-patch content's going to be unlocked during pre-patch. What a surprise...
    This is not pre-patch content, but BfA content which is REQUIRED to do to advance to Kul Tiras / Zandalar, same as "Welcome to Draenor" or Broken Shore scenario (this one only on one char) are required to advance on Draenor or Broken Isles. What a surprise some people can't read though...

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    So "Welcome to Draenor" and Broken Shore scenario should have also been available without buying the expansion they were designed for? Battle for Undercity is not a prepatch content, its a required scenario which the begining of BfA and you need to do it (probably only once like with Broken Shore) to advance to Kul Tiras / Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not pre-patch content, but BfA content which is REQUIRED to do to advance to Kul Tiras / Zandalar, same as "Welcome to Draenor" or Broken Shore scenario (this one only on one char) are required to advance on Draenor or Broken Isles. What a surprise some people can't read though...
    Well the devs clearly disagree with you on that one otherwise it wouldn't be available until next week for everyone rather than people who threw their money at them first.

They made a good change. This helps those unable to receive their codes until next week which is still an occurrence.

People can parrot on about how they are "oh so evil" or what really got me laughing was the "they should be sued" line but at the end of the day this is a beneficial change.

The only other option was not letting anyone see it until next week and that would have been even more idiotic than restricting it to pre purchasers.

There were a good chunk of incentives to preorder BFA. This one was not one of them. It was announced as an idea too close to the expansion to affect pre sales in any major matter. People who wanted to pre purchase will have done so already before this.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-07 at 10:52 AM.

Well the devs clearly disagree with you on that one otherwise it wouldn't be available until next week for everyone rather than people who threw their money at them first.

They made a good change. This helps those unable to receive their codes until next week which is still an occurrence.

People can parrot on about how they are "oh so evil" or what really got me laughing was the "they should be sued" line but at the end of the day this is a beneficial change.

The only other option was not letting anyone see it until next week and that would have been even more idiotic than restricting it to pre purchasers.

There were a good chunk of incentives to preorder BFA. This one was not one of them. It was announced as an idea too close to the expansion to affect pre sales in any major matter. People who wanted to pre purchase will have done so already before this.
    Quick glance through your posts in this thread shows that you keep spamming same argument over and over, playing devil's advocate.

First, I at no point discussed whether it was a good idea or not, only thath BfU is a BfA content, same as the other scenarios required to advance through the respective exapnsions. So why more of this spam which has nothing to do with my post?

Second, it's not about whether it was a good idea or not, but about the false marketing. Yeah, they changed their mind 1 day before realizing the action planned and communicated long ago. Idc about the fact people who didnt prepurchase get to play it (although if they wanted everyone to have the same access to it, they should have waited with it until BfA release, like other introductory scenarios), but how volatile their marketing is and how little their word actually matters. Imagine their marketing was "who buys the prepurchase will get additional level boost" then one day before release they say "you know what, we changed our mind, everyone who buys BfA no matter when, will get additional level boost, we changed our mind cause we can LUL" - there would be a huge shitstorm.

Next time they should think twice about what they state or dont make any marketing promises at all. Changing it, and doing it literally one day before said promise going to live, makes them unprofessional and not trustworthy. Of course I'm saying all that having studied a bit of basics of marketing in college, so my opinion may vary from someone who can only think about their gains and has no clue how things work globally.