Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Proud about continually being outfoxed by the Warchief?
    She lost the Undercity.
    Revealed her azurite tech without any gain.
    Got one her top military commanders captured by the enemy.
    Widened the rift between her and other Horde leaders.

Um, outfoxed? She escaped, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strucker View Post
    She lost the Undercity.

Indeed, it's clear that the plague trap was a last resort, not the total plan. The fact they revealed azurite tank which tells the gnomes they can build one too.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashelin View Post
    So I just did the scenario, and now I feel foolish for how upset I've been all week. This will be my last post on MMOchampion, probably for a very long time. Because this place just spawns a hostility in me that has made it frankly hard to sleep for that entire timeframe.

I had taken other people at their word, that this would be an Alliance loss, and I was wrong to do so.

The Horde took Teldrassil by surprise, and they had the Kaldorei vastly outnumbered. Lordaeron was a fair fight, and the Horde knew the Alliance was coming. The Horde employed Azurite war weapons, they employed the blight, they murdered their own soldiers, raised the dead, and they still failed.

This was absolutely a loss for the Horde on every single level, and I apologize for my behaviour this past week on these forums. I got worked up, and I should have waited to see what happens.

I was told the Alliance would lose more Soldiers, but that is objectively not what happens. I was told that when Sylvanas sprung her trap at the end, many Alliance would die, that is not what happens.

In short, I should have done as people told me, and waited to see it myself. Apologies. I hope y'all enjoy the expansion.
    Who said that it would be an Alliance loss? I thought that the results have been leaked since they were on beta, and everyone knew what happened...

Stupidest entrance for jaina. Flying in on a raised ghost ship. Really?

Deleted
    The in-engine cutscenes keep getting better but the alliance forces running towards UC entrance after Anduin rallied them looked silly. I wasn't even a full raid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Yes, but to suggest Alleria is wrong to dislike Sylvanas is silly. Sylvanas clearly doesn't care about Alleria and wants her dead.
    Quite the opposite honestly, she does care, she wants her sisters by her side, and was willing to kill them to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    I don't have a problem with making something like that happen, since mages in this universe often get fantastical at that level, but would Jaina really not be present at the start of an invasion like this? Especially considering she's the one out for blood?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Indeed, it's clear that the plague trap was a last resort, not the total plan. The fact they revealed azurite tank which tells the gnomes they can build one too.
    The gnomes do build one, it is a world boss in Arathi Highlands :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    The gnomes do build one, it is a world boss in Arathi Highlands :P
    Which is why I point to the gnomes working out how. They see the horde has done it and they build one too. Remember, the Alliance in elergy only theorize that Sylvannas and the Horde have weaponised azurite, suggesting they haven't yet.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    It was badass! Boo to you. :P

That actually sounds kinda cool haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashelin View Post
    This was absolutely a loss for the Horde on every single level, and I apologize for my behaviour this past week on these forums. I got worked up, and I should have waited to see what happens.
    Really? This was easily an Alliance loss in every sense of the word. They accomplished nothing besides losing more of their soldiers. The Horde managed to kill a lot of Alliance soldiers, and bolster the Forsaken ranks with those who died. And unlike Teldrassil/Darnassus, the Forsaken don't care about the blight, so if the Horde ever rallies, they could retake the Undercity and move right back in.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    So it seems that you need to have done week 2 of the pre-expansion event to access this. Will completion of the the battle for lordaeron be required for doing BFA quests?
    No. If you don't do the pre-quests, even if you bought the xpac you won't be able to go advance further. You'll be stuck with legion content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Really? This was easily an Alliance loss in every sense of the word. They accomplished nothing besides losing more of their soldiers. The Horde managed to kill a lot of Alliance soldiers, and bolster the Forsaken ranks with those who died. And unlike Teldrassil/Darnassus, the Forsaken don't care about the blight, so if the Horde ever rallies, they could retake the Undercity and move right back in.
    I agree with this. I find it weird though that as an undead you cannot go back the UC though.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I don't see the Horde losing much, but in regards to bolstering their ranks, neither do I see how they gained many forsaken. Even to forsaken the blight is deadly, so the dead are techncailly as lost to them as to the other side, the ones that Sylvanas raised were just mindless puppets, not properly Valkyr or Arthas rezzed. I doubt either side had much time to collect a few bodies (or spare parts).

The Alliance effectively kicked the worst Horde force out of the Eastern Kingdoms, if the mission table quests are anything to go by. Besides a few pockets scattered north and Quel'thalas the Horde is effectively finished in the East and I have no doubt they will canonically lose Arathi (just like Alliance will lose Barrens)

She lost the Undercity.

Yeah, let's pretend the army wasn't routed before Jaina swooped in and magically cleared the poison field that got the brave Alliance leaders running like rabbits. All those troop losses, not a problem, fuck em. Alliance pride all the way!

Hypocrites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah, let's pretend the army wasn't routed before Jaina swooped in and magically cleared the poison field that got the brave Alliance leaders running like rabbits. All those troop losses, not a problem, fuck em. Alliance pride all the way!

Hypocrites.
    Shhh you're not supposed to logic.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

She lost the Undercity.

you forget about 1 tiny detail of compeltly annihiliating allience army atacking her with only leaders surviving and only because jaina showed up with ridiculous powers coming most probably from Ghuun himself. and loosing only ruins since all forsaken got evacuated safely .

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I like about this scenario is that it finally shows an Allied Race making a contribution of some sort to the war effort.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you forget about 1 tiny detail of compeltly annihiliating allience army atacking her with only leaders surviving and only because jaina showed up with ridiculous powers coming most probably from Ghuun himself. and loosing only ruins since all forsaken got evacuated safely .
    Gahuun? He is the blood god, not arcane god :P