Thread: So, about Jaina

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So, about Jaina

I guess someone really missed the way that Knaak wrote Rhonin, because that's basically what Jaina is now. At least an army of raptors didn't come over the gunwales to attack the Horde when she opened up that broadside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Don't worry - jaina will have her army of raptors soon enough. One way, or another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I guess someone really missed the way that Knaak wrote Rhonin, because that's basically what Jaina is now. At least an army of raptors didn't come over the gunwales to attack the Horde when she opened up that broadside.
    Human potential bro.. It is capable of everything..

Human potential is so strong that training as a mage for 15-20 years makes you stronger than mages that have trained for 10,000 years and have a natural inclination towards magic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    well one thing is for certain - she is definitely a dreadlord

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina has always been OP. Since MoP she has been the most powerful Mage on Azeroth.

Kadghar is only the Kirin'Tor's leader because Jaina /gquit.

Remember the Thunder King in MoP? The guy that had the power of the Titan's in his staff and could control eventually gain control over all creation?

That power has been Jaina's since the end of MoP. This is why I keep one Alliance toon to play through the other side. The Alliance Characters imbue Jaina's Staff, which used to be Antodias' Staff, with the power of the Thunder King the Pinnacle of Storms.

That's why her threat to summon thousands of water elementals to Drown Orgrimmar was a real threat that she needed to be talked down from. Most Mages can summon 1 elemental she can control thousands of elementals at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    Jaina has always been OP. Since MoP she has been the most powerful Mage on Azeroth.

Kadghar is only the Kirin'Tor's leader because Jaina /gquit.

Remember the Thunder King in MoP? The guy that had the power of the Titan's in his staff and could control eventually gain control over all creation?

That power has been Jaina's since the end of MoP. This is why I keep one Alliance toon to play through the other side. The Alliance Characters imbue Jaina's Staff, which used to be Antodias' Staff, with the power of the Thunder King the Pinnacle of Storms.

That's why her threat to summon thousands of water elementals to Drown Orgrimmar was a real threat that she needed to be talked down from. Most Mages can summon 1 elemental she can control thousands of elementals at the same time.
    And is that balanced? Can you name me one horde character that can do the same?

Oh wait thrall..

Oh wait he's dead game wise.. And he's a total peacemonger.. unlike jaina that would rip any horde leaders spine and use it has a thong..

Asside from thrall any other horde leader is nothing compared to the aliance leaders..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post

She only got a fraction of that power, Wrathion consumed the very source.

That was well beyond her abilities as she herself acknowledged, she could only do this because she had one of the most powerful arcane artifacts on the planet giving her the power and knowledge to do so.

Deleted
    All these people saying that "Human potential is OP" etc., and I am left wondering as to why Turalyon was literally useless in the War of Thorns and Battle of Lordaeron, and was miserably humiliated by an exhausted Illidan prior to that. Maybe it's the Draenei armor that reduced his Human potential or something like that...

Yes, it is ridiculous. Just go with it.

I love Jaina, but someone like Thalyssra should be more powerful than her.

Expect her power to increase tenfold once the stuff Golden wrote will start. She will probably reach Med'an levels of ridiculousness, along with Blanduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    And is that balanced? Can you name me one horde character that can do the same?

Oh wait thrall..

Oh wait he's dead game wise.. And he's a total peacemonger.. unlike jaina that would rip any horde leaders spine and use it has a thong..

Asside from thrall any other horde leader is nothing compared to the aliance leaders..
    Tbf, she was all for peace, but got stabbed what, 2-3 times in the back by the very Horde she tried to bridge peace with?

When you're cuddly with the last Aspect of Magic, you learn some new spells. None of the other mages mentioned here are cuddly with the last Aspect of Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarry View Post
    And yet the Horde always face stomps the Alliance up until the very end where some contrived reason has the Horde lose on the Alliance's behalf. Really go back through all of Warcraft and you'll find the Alliance has never won a single conflict. The Horde has always lost for them and handed over victory rather than the Alliance actually claiming victory.

The Alliance is constantly the more powerful faction, the sole remaining super power, etc yet they're never shown to be an ounce stronger than Horde. Standard Blizzard, pretty much.

The Forsaken plagues and the development of mana bombs are the only things the Horde has had that really tips the scales.

Mostly I expect the same in BfA. Horde will curb stomp the Alliance all over the map until they decide to up and hand a victory over to the Alliance at the end somehow.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-08-07 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Tbf, she was all for peace, but got stabbed what, 2-3 times in the back by the very Horde she tried to bridge peace with?
    And she did a marvellous job attacking any Horde in sight, trying to attack Durotar via Northwatch and Tiragarde Keep, using Theramore as a staging ground for an Alliance invasion and building a highway through Dustwallow Marsh so the Alliance can easily move their siege weaponry through the region. That's absolute textbook diplomacy here. I really don't understand why the Horde would attack her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    When you're cuddly with the last Aspect of Magic, you learn some new spells. None of the other mages mentioned here are cuddly with the last Aspect of Magic.

And yet the Horde always face stomps the Alliance up until the very end where some contrived reason has the Horde lose on the Alliance's behalf. Really go back through all of Warcraft and you'll find the Alliance has never won a single conflict. The Horde has always lost for them and handed over victory rather than the Alliance actually claiming victory.

The Alliance is constantly the more powerful faction, the sole remaining super power, etc yet they're never shown to be an ounce stronger than Horde. Standard Blizzard, pretty much.

The Forsaken plagues and the development of mana bombs are the only things the Horde has had that really tips the scales.

Mostly I expect the same in BfA. Horde will curb stomp the Alliance all over the map until they decide to up and hand a victory over to the Alliance at the end somehow.
    Yeah like that time i went to the sw raid were i got to kill aliance soldiers left and right.. And in the end i get to spare your faction because i feel like it..

Oh wait..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I love Jaina, but someone like Thalyssra should be more powerful than her.
    Jaina has been sleeping with the Blue Dragon Aspect and she wields the Power of a Titan. Thalyssra is a politician.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    What Jaina did was quite impressive - but it wasn't so impressive that it ranks her among the deities, at least in my opinion. She floated in a large siege weapon and temporarily dispersed the Blight with powerful frost magic, these aren't beyond the pale for an exceptionally powerful Mage. She also brought down one of Capitol City's poorly-maintained outer walls so that the Alliance could get through to the inner courtyards of Capitol City.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

In my opinion she looked amazing in that cinematic ^^ a bit overpowered sure, but so is Sylvanas with that banshee form. She is literally unkillable now she can just escape from anything :P
    For the Glory of Mankind

That scenario was really cool and all, but i'm just glad to see that Hideo Kojima found a new writing job.