Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khadgar View Post
    After Sylvanas escaped to the Horde airship why didn't she simply fire the arcane cannons from her ship to blow it out of the sky?

It was clearly within range of the cannons, I guess for plot reasons they couldn't have all those Horde leaders go down.
    Spell was on cooldown
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    also, it's possible that the spell is area of effect, so she couldn't have done it without killing everyone in the room as well. And maybe the Alliance decide it's tactically better to not have to guard the undercity. Having it blighted means neither faction can control it, but it also means the alliance don't need to dedicate resources preventing the Horde retaking it. The Horde literally frees up alliance troops by doing that.
    Very nice thinking with the bolded part.

I love to find explanations(even if the writers themselves may not have thought of them) for odd plot points.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    This is funny. Jaina IS that strong, in her book she could have taken out Org with a tidal wave. Besides, the Horde "heroes and champion" run away from her in SW and even the nightborne says shes too strong. Jaina is what Thrall was to the Horde - demi god power being

- - - Updated - - -

Her staff is infused with Lei-Shen thunder god mojo. Problem is after MOP she disappeared so we havent seen her do anything since she got the power until now
    You do know when she wanted to tidal wave Orgrimar she used focusing iris right? With it she can tap in to leylines and elements of Azeroth.. even in the book it said how the elements were resisting her but couldn't... so no she is not THAT op...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The flying ship was stupid enough as it is, it should not have been in this cinematic. It's too much deus ex machina and looks ridiculous.

Jaina could have just walked and cast the frost. And later teleport them out of the city on foot. Why add such a ridiculous ship? It only makes the whole thing look comical and goofy.

Perhaps it was done to show how powerful she has become? She can magically keep the ship floating and fire magical cannons? That leads me to believe she will be a boss in BfA just like Sylvanas. Both of them are Warbringers, along with Azshara. I don't see any other explanation for this stupid addition.
    That FLYING she is her father ship, its a symbol of her mistake that she did, she literary just pulled that ship out of the water. It is a bit ODD that she was JUST in time ha, but you know plot and stuff.. everything seems to happen JUST in time in plotted story... ... But if she was on her way to help Alliance.. magical flying ship she just pulled out of the water seems the best way...... also it was a surprise by air !

In the books and writings Mages in wow do tire and run out of mana so to speak. Even jaina has exhausted herself a few times. Its not unlikely the ship + teleporting multiple out took so much out of her she couldn't fire them again. Also the horde gun ship was much further away and firing up at a moving target vs down on a wall.
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2018-08-08 at 02:16 PM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    meh it doesnt give them a close fortified area to silvermoon.
    Also, the Battle for Lordaeron scenario shows that Horde have tech to make them immune to the blight, so by leaving Undercity blighted, the Horde can eventually reclaim it.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Same reason Alleria just didn't headshot her while she was floating in the air before that Team Rocket esq exit. The real surprise in the scenario was how effective gnomes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Also, the Battle for Lordaeron scenario shows that Horde have tech to make them immune to the blight, so by leaving Undercity blighted, the Horde can eventually reclaim it.
    Would you want to wear a gas mask 24/7? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Jaina isnt as strong as many alliances believe, she knows some cheap parlor tricks but when it comes to serious fighting...

Also, many believe Jaina to be a mage, but she is really an illusionist, hero class
    lol pretty sure Jaina is the strongest Alliance/Horde NPC out there.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    People joke but she did kinda perform a bunch of huge spells back to back so she literally could be out of mana lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Also, do you think it would protect your skin for extended periods. I mean we know the blight is also like acid, it literally goos people. So how is contact with skin ok?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it allows the Horde to control the city with a minimal force and prevent the Alliance from having a foothold, I'm pretty sure Sylvanas' loyal Forsaken would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khadgar View Post
    After Sylvanas escaped to the Horde airship why didn't she simply fire the arcane cannons from her ship to blow it out of the sky?

It was clearly within range of the cannons, I guess for plot reasons they couldn't have all those Horde leaders go down.
    Why didn't she just imprison Sylvanas in a purple bubble and teleport her into SW prison? Because plot

Said this elsewhere, but this boat is a new thing that we've never seen before. Totally possible that was a one-off. Alternatively, she might need to be on/closer to the boat to make use of it.

Also, she cleared a small patch of battlefield, that doesn't mean she can clear a city. Or even a room that has massive cloud constantly pumping in.

People, Blizzard is never going to use your fan fiction, and you can't write better than they can.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    now this is a good question ... guess the alliance could in the end reclaim Lordaeron , Jaina only needs to make it her "frozen throne"
    The answer to this one is fairly simple too. It's probably far more difficult to cast a branching spell, when there's tons of walls and building blocking the spells creeping properties(as shown the first time she used it).
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Said this elsewhere, but this boat is a new thing that we've never seen before. Totally possible that was a one-off. Alternatively, she might need to be on/closer to the boat to make use of it.
    The Boat itself was actually in the Jaina Warbringer episode, where she reclaimed it from the bottom of the Ocean. And Alliance will use it to travel to Kul'Tiras. Of course it flying was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Out of mana.
    Aye, Jaina went Oom with that Bubble /mass Teleport spell.

The Boat itself was actually in the Jaina Warbringer episode, where she reclaimed it from the bottom of the Ocean. And Alliance will use it to travel to Kul'Tiras. Of course it flying was new.
    I know where it came from, I just mean we've never seen something like it in use in Warcraft before. That means we really have absolutely no idea what it can or can't do.

I don't get why people are so irritated by the flying ship. It's not like we had never seen any flying cities or spaceships etc before...Jaina probably Jaina doesn't even need to maintain the levitation, only the control of the ship.

Even speaking as a Horde main...

All these salty soyboys complaining about "Deus Ex Jaina" and "I rolled my eyes so hard when the ship showed up" like any of us wouldn't be crowing about how Alliance got OWNED KEK LOL if the tables were turned and it was a risen Forsaken dreadnaught or a Blood Elf "We've been working on this the whole time! :>" Spelljammer space schooner that erupts from the clouds to defend the Undercity. It'd just be the "realest shit" and "Told you Blood Elves are amazing mages, ha!"

People need to just admit that a magically powered haunted-looking sunken ship is badass and they can't stand that Sylvanas doesn't have it or it's not a Blood Elf / Nightborne mage that can make it move.

But what if the Vindicaar showed up behind the Horde ship and blew it out of the air...