Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Calling it: Diablo themed racing game.

Hoping for a Big Expansion pack, with a solid endgame overhaul.

D3 still looks and feels amazing to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

A Diablo MMO is unlikely, if you've been following the hiring history - the job listings have referenced "first person", not MMO, a new MMO would have a distinct hiring pattern that simply isn't there.

Most likely is a Witcher type Diablo game - and I'll buy it.

Diable 1 remake is guaranteed - and we may get a release date. D2 remake would also be VERY cool, and I would buy it, after playing D2 to death (4 copies of the game plus expansion, for mule accounts.)(And I want a ZOD, damn it)

Mobile platforms for D1 & 2, for sure.

D3? New class, maybe. Full expansion, unlikely, as the D3 team is too small. They scrapped the expansion they had planned, and have been dribbling out bits and pieces of it over time, with the new map areas and mobs. A new class is doable tho, so I would not be shocked if they dropped a druid class.

Overall, what I'm getting from this is they had hoped to announce the new project at Blizzcon, as an almost finished thing, beta starting soon, blah blah blah, but it's delayed, so they're gonna throw some things out there to keep people interested. Which is fine, it's better than nothing, like in the past. They've been saying they're still committed to the franchise for years and then ignore it in their events. They really need to get their PR game in gear, they make rookie mistakes, for a company of their size and experience. D3 is one of the most successful video games in history, and should be treated with more respect, but they've let it grow moldy on the shelf because they go spastic on the shiny-of-the-moment. Morhaime needs new blood in his PR team, it's just dumb at this point.

Maybe someone already mentioned it but I will repost it here from another thread.

Well, interesting is, that now you can download Diablo 2 client through battle.net what wasn't possible days ago. We have no idea if it is Diablo 2 remaster or just Diablo 2 integration into new battle.net, but If I could bet, I would bet on Diablo 2 remaster. Their legacy team has to be doing something.. so maybe this?

Here is the link
    The link they posted is as follows: https://battle.net/download/getInsta...ogram=DIABLO_2

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I would buy a D2 or/and D3 port for Switch.

I Would buy a D4.

I don't buy a 27 year old community manager having anything to say when she wasn't old enough to have even played Diablo 2.
    Iam 31 and I played diablo 1 and diablo 2 after a while they launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty significant. Maybe even a new game. But she said multiple projects, so I'm guessing small stuff will be released first.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Maybe someone already mentioned it but I will repost it here from another thread.

Well, interesting is, that now you can download Diablo 2 client through battle.net what wasn't possible days ago. We have no idea if it is Diablo 2 remaster or just Diablo 2 integration into new battle.net, but If I could bet, I would bet on Diablo 2 remaster. Their legacy team has to be doing something.. so maybe this?

Here is the link
    The link they posted is as follows: https://battle.net/download/getInsta...ogram=DIABLO_2
    Doesn't look like any new Battle.net integration is there, yet. D2 is still played, the servers are up and running, and they still maintain and patch the game - taking it off the old system and putting it onto the new one will be a big deal when it happens, so an announcement of that would need to happen. But yeah, interesting change. I registered one copy of D2 and LOD back in 2010 (according to the launcher), but I couldn't download the installer.

Just downloaded the game, it's running (!!!!!!) (I thought it didn't run in Windows 10), even though Windows Defender thinks it's a virus.

Time to play some D2!

Deleted
    D2 is alive and kicking even today, more than D3 ever was (except the first 3 months or so when the RMAH was running).

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Terrible math error aside, that's still old enough to both be alive and play it while the game was relevant
    True true... I was playing Diablo 2 in middle school around the same time.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Diablo 4 or I don't care.
    And try not to fail this time.

Has to be fucking impressive to make me drop £50 on something potentially worse than PoE. If it's even an ARPG, could be anything tbh.

Also if a Blizzard employee reads this, go kick Morhaime in the balls and tell him to hire some competent writers. D3/SC2 and WoW are atrocious.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2018-08-08 at 08:50 PM.

Unless its D4 not interested. D3 has had some highs but for the most part it fell flat from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    Honestly if its mobile game . that idea in its self can just die a painful death now.. Another D3 Expansion i doubt it cause its be several years since the last one launched, MMO For diablo we are prob looking about 2-4 years of development at most. so prob mid-late 2020
    At least I'm not the only one that twitched when my first thought was 'mobile Diablo game', muwahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Has to be fucking impressive to make me drop £50 on something potentially worse than PoE. If it's an ARPG, could be anything tbh.
    Honestly, PoE feels pretty similar to D2, but that's not necessarily a good thing in every aspect. What I love about D3 are the graphics and the UI, PoE murders my hands after a while with the lack of customization. D3 is still a lot more polished in many systems compared to PoE.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-08-08 at 08:54 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Team Racing, Super Mario Cart style, i call Dibs on Deckard!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's almost certainly Diablo 4. They've recently listed a whole bunch of job openings for an unannouned Diablo project. From the job listings, which include a variety of entry level to senior positions for artists, engineers, and even a creative director, you can infer that it's a AAA PC game that will support DX11. At the very least it will have dungeons, as they are hiring dungeon and environment artists.

The wording in all of the listings very much suggests a traditional Diablo gameplay experience: killing monsters and getting loot in a dark, gothic world. The rigging job suggests that characters will have complex facial rigging, which suggests a fairly high level of detail, and IMO may mean that it won't simply be a top down isometric game, or at the very least will have in-engine cutscenes or talking heads.

They've also got a bunch of job openings for a seperate unannounced AAA mobile game built in Unity 3D that involves "a diverse range of characters and creatures," "3D game environments," "quests," "regular content updates," and "player progression."

They're also also hiring people with experience developing 1st/3rd person action games for AAA PC or next-gen console games to work on unannounced project(s) for their incubation team(s).
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-08-08 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Hmm... Multiple projects.

Soulstone: A Diablo themed cardgame.
    Nephilim Wars (with Battle Royale)
    Diablo Mobile (with micro transactions)

Deleted
    The fact that they said "multiple projects" gives me hope that one of them is for PC!!!

Rock & Diabroll Racing.

I Would buy a D4.

I don't buy a 27 year old community manager having anything to say when she wasn't old enough to have even played Diablo 2.
    Umm what.
    I'm 26 and I played D2 when I was in middle school.

Just because it released in 2000 doesn't mean no one played it after that year.

Deleted

I Would buy a D4.

Dude what?I was around 9 when D2 came out.A lot of young people played D2