Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    A reply too. Shame son. We should play the who is a bigger man is on the internet forums. It will be awesome. Now you can reply I replied and so on. It will be like magic.

I mean honestly thats the problem with millennials. I mean someone makes a thread trashing my generation x I likely dont even open it up. I mean worry about what some troll is posting on the internet about my generation? Who cares. But I had to open this one up to see all the easily offended snowflakes pretend they are.. something.. other than what the OP told them they are.
    Don't you think it's just a little bit ironic that you accuse @NoRest4Wicked of being an easily offended snowflake when you literally wrote a paragraph ranting about millennials?

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Don't you think it's just a little bit ironic that you accuse @NoRest4Wicked of being an easily offended snowflake when you literally wrote a paragraph ranting about millennials?
    Ranting is being offended now? Didnt you do the same ranting about me? Why care so much. Its just people om the internet. Live and let live.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhas View Post
    I was talking the other day to a freshman boy, he was talking about how it was his father's responsibility to pay for everything he needed, I've never met someone like him. So it is because he had it all growing up? or something else?
    They aren't. If anything Millennials is justifiably upset because the previous generations have not left them an inheritance at all but instead a debt burden to pay for their extravagant lifestyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I was talking the other day to a freshman boy, he was talking about how it was his father's responsibility to pay for everything he needed, i've never met someone like him. So it is because he had it all growing up? or something else?
    I talked to a guy and extrapolated what he said to literally millions of people without any basis in fact. nice...

Deleted
    A job, a house, a pension, a comfortable life is all stuff that the vast majority of people in the post-war West could reliable count on having, that isnt true of milenials and younger who are likely to be the first generation to be poorer than their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Ranting is being offended now? Didnt you do the same ranting about me? Why care so much. Its just people om the internet. Live and let live.
    No, I asked you a question. There's really no need for anyone to get personally offended but if you post something opinionated, others do have the right to respond, but to an extent I can agree with you about outrage culture, but I really feel like that's something that transcends generations (whether Boomer, X, Y or Z). People who get offended to an absurd degree at even the slightest (and most respectful) criticism.

Like that dev who was fired after being condescending and accusing someone who tweeted her of sexism (or something along those lines).

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
    authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
    of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
    households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
    contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
    at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

-- Socrates 380 B.C.
    We love to think our societies have advanced so far beyond civilizations of the past, but the reality is that the only real difference is our technology. Society and people are still the same as ever but technology has empowered modern civilization to express our narcissism in what amounts to historically novel ways.

Deleted
    Despite OP being misinformed and probably bait, I would like to point out that nothing new is happening. New generation is simply influenced by current pop culture, that tries to be as different from what came before as possible. It happened before and it will happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Because Millennials (18-36 years old) are young and lazy~! Unlike the wizened, 37+ year olds on these forums that pulled themselves up by the bootstraps with equal parts gumption and elbow grease.

Wippersnappers, am I right?
    You forgot fought off bears walking uphill to school both ways in snow, while living in a one room shack with 17 brothers and sisters and learning to shine shoes for a penny for bread money.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I was talking the other day to a freshman boy, he was talking about how it was his father's responsibility to pay for everything he needed, i've never met someone like him. So it is because he had it all growing up? or something else?
    Maybe because his parents are also of the super entitled kind. I mean basically his parents have run up 10-15 trillion in debt and expects their kids to help fund their under funded medicare and social security benefits. Plus bail out their pension plan. Pay for the environmental mess.. etc etc

All because they feel entitled to do whatever the fuck they want as long as they are not paying

If you come from a well-off family, your parents pay for certain things like food when you meet up, because they love you. Everything? That's a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Except they paid into those programs all of their working life (forcibly mind you because the government doesnt think we can plan our own retirement), and young millennials like the one in this story havent paid a cent or worked for shit

You mean they underpaid...into those programs all their lives.....even though they run the govt now they still have not fixed the problem of their own SS/Medicare benefits going to pay out less than 70% of their benefits.

Based on this and the outlook for retirees and the studies, it shows most adults are really bad at planning for retirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, people love to justify their welfare...
    Wait SS and medicare is welfare?

Maybe part of Medicare is since its funded off tax dollars, but SS...really?

Do you have a different definition of welfare than everyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Because Millennials (18-36 years old) are young and lazy~! Unlike the wizened, 37+ year olds on these forums that pulled themselves up by the bootstraps with equal parts gumption and elbow grease.

Wippersnappers, am I right?
    All you have to do is spend 10 minutes in these forums to see all the wisdom. So much wisdom.

I'm making an assumption here and assuming the freshmen is 18. If so, he isn't a millennial. A lot of people that critique the millennials don't understand that the age group is actually 22-35(give or take 2). The freshmen is probably gen z
    Always check links before clicking

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Because those register jobs no longer pay a living wage.
    Then they should join a union.

I was born in 1989.
    I've been raised to always take care of myself and my own problems. To not rely on others for help in every matter.

I don't think it's a problem with the people that where born at certain times. I think it's a problem in regards to how the times have changed technology and ease of access.
    The easier it was for families to afford a computer, TV's, cars and other items, the easier it is for the kids of said families to see how little value there is in "stuff".

My family when I grew up, could not afford much. My father was always working, my mother was going to school and working on the side.
    I was taught at an early age the value of whatever I was given, and to treasure the gifts, as they could not be easily replaced.
    Today, if a kid breaks a ipod or iphone, it gets replaced. Maybe not immediately, but pretty darn quickly. I've seen kids as young as 7 have a Iphone 6.

Times really do change, and despite the huge possibilites the internet gives to people, despite the ease of access to technology, people don't value it, because they where not taught to value it...and it's not really a 100% the parents fault. Technology during the 1970-2000 progressed so damn fast, that people didn't know how to properly react to any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I was talking the other day to a freshman boy,
    Millennial's are people in their 20's to just under 40, not teens.

If you're talking Freshman in High School, that's a 14 year old. If Freshman in College, an 18 year old. If you're talking about someone that didn't start college until their mid 20's as a Freshman, sure, that person's probably going to be entitled because they've most likely had an extra 5+ years of their parents paying for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You mean they underpaid...into those programs all their lives.....even though they run the govt now they still have not fixed the problem of their own SS/Medicare benefits going to pay out less than 70% of their benefits.

Based on this and the outlook for retirees and the studies, it shows most adults are really bad at planning for retirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait SS and medicare is welfare?

Maybe part of Medicare is since its funded off tax dollars, but SS...really?

Do you have a different definition of welfare than everyone else?
    It's still tax dollars, any way you slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Then they should join a union.
    You mean the unions that the previous generation has tried very hard to weaken and destroy?

Yeah sorry about it
    I just needed to form a discussion about young people feeling entitled, for a college work.
    So thank everyone who gave his opinion, some of you help me to make an opinion on the matter.