Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except if not for Blizzard's last minute asspul retcon of Genn's character, Sylvanas would have been right about him. Genn has always been a hardcore nationalist that alienated the shit out of his own allies for the benefit of his own kingdom, didn't want to contribute his nation's precious resources to Alliance's internment camps and got into conflict with Stromgarde over Alterac land. And he was already somewhat old during the Second War.

And yet now, despite decades of stark nationalism, he's a team player? OK, given the drastic shift in circumstances during Cata, Blizzard could maybe sell it. Before Legion.

Because in Legion, just a year ago in lore, Genn's once again put his nation's grievances (as well as his own personal ones) ahead of the good of the Alliance and bent the shit out of Anduin's orders to use the Alliance army given under his command to attack Sylvanas just to satiate his hate boner, risking a faction war on top of a war against the Legion in the process.

And thanks to that, his sudden change to "Of course I'll put Alliance's interests ahead of mine, I'm such a team player" outright kills suspension of disbelief and then rapes its corpse.
    I think what they are going for is, that it's a difference of context for Genn. You had it in Stormheim itself too. First he recklessly goes after Sylvanas and to hell with everything else, especially the Skyfire and Rogers even says it was worth it afterwards... which it very clearly wasn't... and then you have Genn stopping his own pursuit telling you there's a dire situation for his troops and he can't leave them to fend for themselves and continue his chase, even though he'd like to. He needs to see his people safe first.
    This is a personal feeling kind of thing. He feels a connection to his people and his fury doesn't overrwrite it. But when his fury is at the forefront, it overwrites his rational thought. The same for the elves. He feels gratitude and maybe even kinship to them, this overwrites his feeling of fury, at least from a more distant viewpoint, when Sylvanas isn't right before his eyes and in striking distance.

Also in Before the Storm Anduin doesn't bring Genn to the fields with him, because even though he's going along with the plan and behaving himself, Anduin can't trust him to keep control when he's within striking distance of Sylvanas, not even if he had to weigh his fury against a worldwide war.

And really, no matter if Genn changes over the last few years, this is all it takes and it still makes Sylvanas's "fear" relevant and usable as a point to convince the other Horde leaders. It makes it even better, because even though Genn may have changed, this hatred and rage would still overwrite everything and he'd try and kill the Warchief. She can point to that and say: look, even if they wanted peace, they could never control themselves in the face of old hatreds. And they have plenty for all of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Yes she is... but a different kind of evil compared to the Legion, The Light, The Voidlords, etc

i.redd.it/ccze0t1q95701.pn g <<< DIAGRAM

No wonder Teldrassil needed to burn down. It is in direct opposition to what she represents. She wants everything to die, a complete imbalance of things.

No wonder the void feels Sylvanas is an enemy, the void represents chaos, random possibilities, but still a need of existence in order to manipulate the rest of creation. Sylvanas wants that to end.
    This diagram is the perfect representation of whats going on. (sorry, cant copy or show it. mmo-champ says im still new -_-. shouldn't be silent for the past few years i guess, just delete the space before the g in png: i.redd.it/ccze0t1q95701.pn g)

The Titans & Sargares (The Legion) which are the representation of Order & Disorder are now Sealed, bringing Order & Disorder to a state of Neutrality/Stalemate.

Blizzard now have to clash 2 new forces together, Sylvanas (The Undead) is an agent of Death and is drawn to oppose Life. Yes, she burnt the tree on an impulse, but her disregard to the consequences affecting the innocent & her people (druids mainly) and her disregard to the LIFE of her own troops in later on emphasizes that she fully disregards Life.

After all, the Living could still live.... as Undead.

Now, who would be her equal rivals? * Drum Rolls * The Wild Gods

I anticipate that at the end of the expansion, Sylvanas will be exiled from the Horde (maybe join the Lich King), it is then that we will see Malfurion redeem himself & lead the assault on the Undead (Sylvanas & the Lich King) with the help of the Wild Gods. Bane would lead the Horde & join hands with his BF (Anduin *Wink *) because Saurfang is too old for it (maybe become Zappyboi's mentor?) in support of the Wild Gods.

someone save this prediction, i have a good feeling about it.... just though of it to be honest XD

Deleted
    She is not evil, she is doing what is neccasary to survive.
    You might not see the end of the road ahead, but Sylvanas has always kept her plans to herself.

And even if she was evil, it's the fault of the stupid humans anway, just like almost everything in real life
    If it wasn't for Arthas, there would be no Banshee Queen.

I don't like to restrict characters to these labels.....use the alignment chart to describe not define.
    A lot of people point to three major events in claims of her evilness:
    Arathi:
    Parqual & co. knowingly breached the rules of the meeting, allied themselves with a usurper and commited high treason. In medievalesque setting a single of those offenses would be enough to earn you a great deal worse than a mere shot in the heart. Especially for the usurper.
    Teldrassil:
    A smart tactical decision. Night Elves were showing no signs of surrender.(big mistake) Urban combat is to put it bluntly a fucking shitshow filled with stealing, raping among other things any commander worth their salt would avoid if possible.
    Undercity:
    Plaguing half dead bleeding out crippled mortally wounded soldiers. It is unfortunate, but bombarding the enemy with whatever ammo is going to cause this in defensive situations once they advance enough. In my opinion(i am far from alone in this) she should have used the plague as an opener to soften the aliance up for the follow up of azerite tank and properly equipped/protected infantry to finish them off. Of course we needed the aliance to get at least a pyrrhic victory, because ppl would cry Horde bias.

Also it is completely natural to view your opposition in a war as evil and hate them. Just a matter of fact.
    Last edited by sighy; 2018-08-09 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean nightelfs literally attacked the horde in ashenvale since like warcraft 3, so getting rid of them for more or less good was nececery
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    i mean nightelfs literally attacked the horde in ashenvale since like warcraft 3, so getting rid of them for more or less good was nececery
    maybe that's because the horde was invading it since WC3.
    as of vanilla thrall had agreed to a peace treaty, the warsong didn't give a shit and attacked anyway.
    nice try tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    maybe that's because the horde was invading it since WC3.
    as of vanilla thrall had agreed to a peace treaty, the warsong didn't give a shit and attacked anyway.
    nice try tho.
    horde: we need wood
    cenarius: lol i can grow trees with a fingersnap but i rather wanna kill ya
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    horde: we need wood
    cenarius: lol i can grow trees with a fingersnap but i rather wanna kill ya
    why, do you need wood for mud huts?
    if that even is mud.
    anyway it doesn't matter, it wasn't your land and yet here you are arguing that they're in the wrong for killing you when you proceed to break a treaty over it.
    Last edited by Malikath; 2018-08-09 at 04:05 PM.