Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    well... the goblin rig, which is the same as the Vulpera one, uses standard monk animations now, as opposed to the default gob ones.

There's no real reason for them to update the model to use these anims unless gobs will be able to be monks, which is unlikely.

Or Vulpera will be a playable race (and monks).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    well... the goblin rig, which is the same as the Vulpera one, uses standard monk animations now, as opposed to the default gob ones.

There's no real reason for them to update the model to use these anims unless gobs will be able to be monks, which is unlikely.

Or Vulpera will be a playable race (and monks).
    They have said that the reason Gobs and Worgen can't be Monks is because of their starting zones. There's no reason Vulpera couldn't be Monks (especially when they will probably be able to be Shamans, which are closely related).

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Not that I doubt you, but can you provide a link?

It wouldn't surprise me if they do blame that as a reason for the lack of any story at all. It's better than jsut saying "Oh shit we forgot" like Worgen, gnomes and many other races throughout WoW's life.
    I'll have to hunt it down, I know they mentioned it during a Q&A. I'll come back when I have the link or screenshot of the blue text.

Found it! It was a tweet. There was a whole thread on it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-neutral-races
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2018-08-10 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They have said that the reason Gobs and Worgen can't be Monks is because of their starting zones. There's no reason Vulpera couldn't be Monks (especially when they will probably be able to be Shamans, which are closely related).
    I thought the reason that they couldn't be monks was because of the animations being incompatible with their models? Pretty sure they said this!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    I thought the reason that they couldn't be monks was because of the animations being incompatible with their models? Pretty sure they said this!
    I'm looking for the source, but in the meantime lets say its because of the incompatible animations.

They are FULLY redoing Goblin animations for Vulperas, which will 99% be transplanted onto new Goblin models as well for their rework. Why wouldn't they tweak the monk animations while they're at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarika View Post
    I think they would fit well with the Rogue, Shaman, Hunter, Priest and Mage classes. Perhaps eventually Druid, Warlock and Monk but definitely not Warriors, Paladins or Hero classes. I'd probably play a Priest
    All races in WoW can be Warriors, it is also an RPG staple, anyone can pick up a sword and become good at it.

If Vulpera become playable this will be their list.

Warrior, Monk, Rogue, Hunter, Priest, Mage, and maybe Warlock.

On a side note Zandalari are most definitely going to have Paladin as an option, but it has yet to be announced due to it being a HUGE plot point to unlocking them as allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    You can add the fact that they didn't put any other neutral races in the game so far, even when it made sense. Nightborne could have easily been a neutral race for example, but they only put them on the Horde side.
    Except that lore-wise it didn't, with the Nightelves shunning them and Blood Elves being accepting. I know they could have written it as a neutral race, but with how it played out, it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Except that lore-wise it didn't, with the Nightelves shunning them and Blood Elves being accepting. I know they could have written it as a neutral race, but with how it played out, it fit.
    Exactly my point though. They wrote it that way exactly BECAUSE they didn't want to make a neutral race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'll have to hunt it down, I know they mentioned it during a Q&A. I'll come back when I have the link or screenshot of the blue text.

Found it! It was a tweet. There was a whole thread on it.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-neutral-races
    That is literally the exact same tweet already posted, that everyone posts, when claiming Blizzard doesn't like neutral races. I'm asking for anything other than that tweet by Ghostcrawler, well after he left Blizzard.

Exactly my point though. They wrote it that way exactly BECAUSE they didn't want to make a neutral race.
    This.

I also explicitly remember people saying that before they were confirmed (before they were leaked) that the Silgryn talking with Liadrin on Argus "wasn't enough of a reason" for them to not be neutral. They were very much written as Neutral as possible in launch content before they steered them towards Horde-alignment in later patches.

Or because they wanted Allied races and wanted to put compelling choices for each side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    True on the Gob part, but they've been members of the horde for quite some -in universe- time now, there's no reason to assume some goblins might at this point try to learn the ways of the monks. That's speculation though and very unlikely to happen.

There's three Pandaren races in the game, a neutral one, an Alliance one, and a Horde one, your internal race changes when you choose a faction.
    Until then you're a neutral race allied to both factions. (Old glitches allowing you to escape the island proved this)

That is probably why it's a technical hassle to make a neutral race.
    I also wish the Vulpera would be neutral since I really can't stand the Horde anymore.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the Horde get these fox gypsies. However if Alliance get those ugly Sethrak I'm kinda super done with the game.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People hyped about fox people and here I'm waiting 8 years to Blizzard fix female worgen ugly mug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    I would have figured that blizzard would love neutral races. You create one race - both horde and ally players get something new. Versus - having to create two new races.

Perhaps there is a whole lot of spaghetti code going on that is hard to keep up with.
    I think the problem is more lorewise than it is technical, setting a faction is basically a flag in the character table, in pandaren they had to create a neutral faction to make it work, but lorewise they had to develop a whole history to make it reasonable.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

no just........no

next we'll see loli classes a.k.a Tera and that will be the last straw

7+ Year Old Account
    None other than getting killed just like the pandas.

Through the Pandas do have a more interesting Culture unlike say Sethrak and Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I hope the Horde get these fox gypsies. However if Alliance get those ugly Sethrak I'm kinda super done with the game.
    My Faith was already lost in this game when blizzard ignored Warcraft 2 races in favor of having the same dull themes of Dwarven undercity like Dark Irons, and Same theme of Aztecs like Zandalari. Also let's not forget about asspull races of the generic blueberries themselves Void Elves. As for Ogres. Well no one wanted Ogres because the horde players act like spoilered rotten manchildren the demands pretty races instead of original races.

Since now that Fox people and Snake people are going to playable. I say the Warcraft Theme of being a True Fantasy is dead. In fact you might as call WoW a Final Fantasy Disney Cartoon Game instead of actually being about real fantasy races. God I miss Wildhammer Dwarves, Ogres, Forest Trolls, and High Elves. Yes original elves than boring blueberries....
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Since now that Fox people and Snake people are going to playable. I say the Warcraft Theme of being a True Fantasy is dead.
    Ah yes, because there's some law in place deciding what's ok in FANTASY, and not.

WoW was always cartoony and included technology.
    WoW has always had races not seen in other (not regular, true or whatever buzzword) Fantasy, especially not as playable.

As for Wildhammer Dwarves, Ogres and Forest Trolls, ain't nothing saying we won't be getting those. We got Zandalari, and they've been our foes historically.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-08-10 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Ah yes, because there's some law in place deciding what's ok in FANTASY, and not.

WoW was always cartoony and included technology.
    WoW has always had races not seen in other (not regular, true or whatever buzzword) Fantasy, especially not as playable.

As for Wildhammer Dwarves, Ogres and Forest Trolls, ain't nothing saying we won't be getting those. We got Zandalari, and they've been our foes historically.
    Actually blizzard is all about lore and when they deviate from that lore to appease pop culture is when they have effectively cucked not only themselves but the players as well.

I don't want bloody fox people in WoW.

Neither do you or Blizzard.