Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    >It's dishonorable to save your troops by using a weapon that is out of reach by the people attacking you that wish to wipe you from the face of the planet

K.
    Well, using magic in a duel was considered dishonorable by the orcs (look at Thrall vs Garrosh). So, I could see how some would think of it as a coward's approach to war.

Personally, I would have used it long time ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    yeah they kind of screwed the pooch when the introduced space ships in WoW. because this is a valid question. Where is the Exodar? it's fixed, right? Where is the Vindicar? Turalyon said he's an ally bro now, right?

without space ships it makes sense for them not to make it to a surprise battle in time, but they have space ships.
    Exodar is still where it crashed. Vindicar is in low orbit of Azeroth.

I'm going to assume the power source, argunite, was used transporting the ship from Argus. And with Argus gone they don't have a way to refuel. Who knows with azerite becoming a source of fuel, maybe it's the same thing? If not maybe they could retrofit the Vindicar to work with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    You argument would hold water if the Vindicaar would be used without any Horde aggression to just nuke any unsuspecting Horde settlements from orbit.

But once the Horde attacks I see no issue with the Alliance using it's weapons to neutralize the attacking forces.
    I wouldn't go using it though. It may be considered a great weapon, but the second they use it the Horde has master telemancers and they will just board it and destroy it.

So, it's up to the Draenei if they want to keep their precious spaceship.

Because Velan is actually Mal'ganis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Careful with that logic, otherwise you'll end up lending credence to Sylvanas' blight usage.
    I don't agree with her blighting her own troops, and I think it's a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face in regards to the aftermath of it all, but I don't disagree to the usage of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    It's crap, predictable writing so far from BFA, what did you expect? there were numerous ways they could have stopped what happened to the tree, what on earth are SI:7 doing? they're supposed to be elite intelligence gatherers. Mages can teleport around the world ingame but conveniently they can't open a portal for the alliance to turn up within seconds to defend Teldrassil? what a crock of shit (pardon the language)

Piss poor writing by piss poor writers, I'm really disappointed with how in-game abilities are never taken into account when writing stories, talk about continuity failures.
    If you read the short stories you would have read that only Saurfang and Sylvanas knew that they were marching on Teldrassil. And they intentionally fed the Alliance spies misinformation, that they were marching to silithus. Caught the night elves unawares as they were off to silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    The Vindicaar's weaponry was fueld by Argunite, which is in somewhat short supply now that the portal to Argus is gone.
    This is honestly the best explanation. It's stuck in orbit and can't teleport or fly anymore until they figure out a way to make it work with Azerite instead. It's basically just an orbital platform for the Lightforged at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    It's crap, predictable writing so far from BFA, what did you expect? there were numerous ways they could have stopped what happened to the tree, what on earth are SI:7 doing? they're supposed to be elite intelligence gatherers. Mages can teleport around the world ingame but conveniently they can't open a portal for the alliance to turn up within seconds to defend Teldrassil? what a crock of shit (pardon the language)

Piss poor writing by piss poor writers, I'm really disappointed with how in-game abilities are never taken into account when writing stories, talk about continuity failures.
    Elegy explains that portals can let through a few people at a time and don't work well for moving troops. And Alliance forces did turn up within seconds: us. We just weren't enough. Maybe you should actually look past the surface of the story and give it an extra five minutes of thought before you go ranting about how terrible it is.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    And that's your perspective. Others may believe it to be without honor.
    Oh no, we might lose some vague honor bullshit against a monster. Honor in an "honorable" war is fine. Quite frankly, this is sylvanus, the omnicidal bitch out to literally kill all life. Fuck honor, nuke her from orbit, twice, to be sure. She decided to take honor out when she massacred civilians in teldrassil, and used a WMD against her own city for no reason other than spite.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Because WoW's lore was interesting and simple in the beginning but it became a convoluted piece of shit with 15 layers of complexity over and over each expansion (which they didn't forsee it was going to last that long) and ended up with massive plotholes, spaceships and time travel that's why. Got to milk that $ cow honey

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    If you read the short stories you would have read that only Saurfang and Sylvanas knew that they were marching on Teldrassil. And they intentionally fed the Alliance spies misinformation, that they were marching to silithus. Caught the night elves unawares as they were off to silithus.
    The short stories also states that the Alliance was fighting the Horde for days (can be derived from the information of having to reroute ships that ultimately ended up there who were days away, soldiers sleeping, fighting during the day, during the night, etc...).

So, yes, the Horde tricked them and they bought themselves some time, to decentralize the Alliance forces, but the push into Ashenvale, THROUGH Ashenvale and ultimately into Darkshore and the assault on the tree took place over multiple days and the Alliance was aware of what their target was the second a Druid spotted the horde army marching North towards Ashenvale rather than South towards Silithus. Velen was in the war council with Anduin, Genn and Tyrande when the news was conveyed. They had plenty of time to mobilize a space ship that's been shown to travel to a distant planet in minutes. If they had mentioned it at all and given an explanation as to why it wasn't there, this wouldn't be an issue, but it was entirely ignored, both in Darkshore and in Lordaeron. That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Because WoW's lore was interesting and simple in the beginning but it became a convoluted piece of shit with 15 layers of complexity over and over each expansion (which they didn't forsee it was going to last that long) and ended up with massive plotholes, spaceships and time travel that's why. Got to milk that $ cow honey
    WoW's story became this because they decided to tiptoe around and uphold the status quo between the factions right from the beginning. Instead of dropping the hammer and do some real story progression now and then, let the players decide in some matters then make the cogs turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    WoW's story became this because they decided to tiptoe around and uphold the status quo between the factions right from the beginning. Instead of dropping the hammer and do some real story progression now and then, let the players decide in some matters then make the cogs turn.
    You’re saying a good story can’t be written around two enemy factions? Are you serious? You guys are weird.

Look at Star Wars, or Warhammer, or LOTR or any other IP that focuses on different sides. Blizzard’s writing has just gotten really dodgy this last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    You’re saying a good story can’t be written around two enemy factions? Are you serious? You guys are weird.

Look at Star Wars, or Warhammer, or LOTR or any other IP that focuses on different sides. Blizzard’s writing has just gotten really dodgy this last decade.
    He didn't say that at all. He didn't even insinuate that.

Nah, that works fine. The issues start when neither faction can ever lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendrisite View Post
    Why on earth didn't Velen use that massive ship during the battle?? Or better yet, to defend Teldrassil? I mean... It's a neighboring city for goodness sake! He was boasting so hard on how amazing the Vindacaar was. We spent all that time buffing it up.

I see Velen sitting on a porch rocking with straw in his mouth... Going "yeah boi, Argus has been avenged... Now to sit back and... Be with the light!"
    What makes you think Velen or the Vindicaar are anywhere near Kalimdor or even Azeroth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    What makes you think Velen or the Vindicaar are anywhere near Kalimdor or even Azeroth?
    Well it is orbiting Azeroth in the light forged starter experience. But yes it could have been away. It could have at least helped with the evacuations. Heck they could have had "temporary mage portals" that we put around the city. Would have been a lot better then put out small fires so they can evacuate through large fires.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Exodar is still where it crashed. Vindicar is in low orbit of Azeroth.

I'm going to assume the power source, argunite, was used transporting the ship from Argus. And with Argus gone they don't have a way to refuel. Who knows with azerite becoming a source of fuel, maybe it's the same thing? If not maybe they could retrofit the Vindicar to work with it?
    thats a good thought. yeah i've accepted that the Vindicaar just shot its wad on the ride back from argus, but azerite could be a new fuel source.

Deleted
    They better not use the weapon on me that I fixed for them. Tyvm!

All right. Point out where I wrote that?

The Alliance actually have two spaceships at their disposal, the Vindicaar and the Aurobos, which is the draenei/Naaru spacecraft Lothraxion uses to stop Balnazzar at Netherlight Temple. Both are in the hands of the Army of the Light and they're with the Alliance.

I genuinely believe that using one of the spacecraft to breach the walls of Lordaeron would've made more sense and brought more value to the story than a sideway barrage of arcane cannons.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-08-11 at 03:50 PM.