Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.

lol
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Then I guess the Lich King, Garrosh, Sargeras, and Kil'jaeden did nothing wrong, then...

Although i agree with OP that this isnt genocide....its definitely evil lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Then I guess the Lich King, Garrosh, Sargeras, and Kil'jaeden did nothing wrong, then...
    All of them nice guys.

I would defend that she isnt evil but I can't because of Teldrassil and that s why I call it bad writing because in all of its horribleness atleast Theramore was a military base. They advertise it as morally grey but there is nothing grey about it. It is pure black and that is wrong ALSO it is a stupid move which I didnt expecr from Sylvanas at all because as horrible as she was she always knew when to strike and when to hide. She wasa Farstrider once as you might know, a ranger. I hope they give us more details about her mindset I hope there is something wrong about her which makes her unable to think properly.

Not even Garrosh killed own ppl like Sylvanas has done already so she is much more evil

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Not even Garrosh killed own ppl like Sylvanas has done already so she is much more evil
    I'll just say it before someone tries to bring it up. He did send assassins after Vol'jin, but Vol'jin had already threatened Garrosh' life before that.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I'll just say it before someone tries to bring it up. He did send assassins after Vol'jin, but Vol'jin had already threatened Garrosh' life before that.
    Plus he had people who would toss explosives into a tavern full of innocents when there was only a few people inside merely talking about how Garrosh might be going to far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol nice alt account. honestly this game has a supernatural hold on people I tell ya. Have to get on an alt account to talk about how a certain mass of pixels makes them feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post

lol
    Yeap. Have a good guess as to who it is?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

On one hand she’s evil

On the other hand she’s likeable and it’s a video game so it’s fine

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Plus he had people who would toss explosives into a tavern full of innocents when there was only a few people inside merely talking about how Garrosh might be going to far.
    Hm? Refresh my memory, Garrosh ordered a tavern bombed?

At this point I no longer care if this thread is a bait or not.

She's been evil for a long time. She just reminded us how much of a bitch she is.

And I can't believe some people actually defend her by saying Teldrassil wasn't a genocide, because the description doesn't fit some fucking definition from wikipedia. Killing hundreds of civilians and burning their capital is not fucking acceptable, especially from the aggressor.

It doesn't matter whether you like her or not. I understand some people prefer this kind of Horde. But she IS evil, deal with it already that your waifu isn't perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laniano View Post

1- Sylvanas isn't evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post

She's evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post

Genocide is evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    There's nothing else to it, she's evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    Sylvanas dont become evil you are right
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Garrosh was Neutral Evil
    Sylvanas is Chaotic Evil

Let us clear one small, simple thing up, with this "evil" word you're all throwing around.

Evil is a personal opinion, it is the exact same no matter which case you put it in. What ever you think is evil, there will be an equal number on the opposite side who see it differently. Evil is a social construct, you cannot label a particular person or act evil in such a way, to you personally it may be considered evil, but as I have said, to many others, it won't be.

Let's apply it to WoW, many of the characters you consider "good", I will probably consider "evil". Take the Naaru for example, they didn't seem so "good" and "friendly" when they were trying to FORCE their will onto Illidan, nor do they seem so "good" on AU Draenor with their whole cleansing of the orcs thing.

Let's apply this to Sylvanas, why is she "evil"? From my point of view, she's just doing what she considers to be correct, now of course the opponents will consider the actions to be "evil" but to those on her side, it is "good".

From now on, it would be lovely if you could refrain from absolute labelling of people and actions as "evil" and "good", it doesn't work, they are your opinions, which you are of course entitled too, but still, that's all they are.

I could sit here all day and state that in my opinion, Sylvanas is not in the wrong, not evil, and so on, it doesn't mean someone else might not have an opposing view. The point still stands, these terms are constructed by society, and they are being thrown around incorrectly.

This isn't a point of view, it's fact, apply it to whatever real world event you wish, what may seem evil to you, will not be evil to an equal number of people. Don't throw labels on things, especially when the label is subject to a personal point of view.

I love this new trend of trying to explain what evil really means in order to defend a character who committed genocide.

Again, it seems like you've already lost the argument if that's what you've resorted to.

Deleted
    Because it is genocide.
    No its not, genocide is what invaders did in america with the indians.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No its not, genocide is what invaders did in america with the indians.
    Nah it actually is.

The literal word is used in Elegy.

Now your next step is to say that despite it being some description instead of an actual character's narration means it doesn't count.

Let's keep having the dance of, "There's what the game literally says is the truth" and "NO IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE!" over and over again, like every single topic about Sylvanas has ever been about.

I wonder if there's actually ANYTHING Blizzard could write that Sylvanas does that some of y'all wouldn't defend.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-08-11 at 02:47 AM.

Nah it actually is.

The literal word is used in Elegy.

Now your next step is to say that despite it being some description instead of an actual character's narration means it doesn't count.

Let's keep having the dance of, "There's what the game literally says is the truth" and "NO IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE!" over and over again, like every single topic about Sylvanas has ever been about.

I wonder if there's actually ANYTHING Blizzard could write that Sylvanas does that some of y'all wouldn't defend.
    Necroxis, instead of simply repeating over and over that this is genocide, just give us your definition of genocide. I don't think you can without invalidating your own statement.

And im not defending sylvanas the slightest bit. It was a despicable act.

Quote Originally Posted by rlab2121 View Post
    Necroxis, instead of simply repeating over and over that this is genocide, just give us your definition of genocide. I don't think you can without invalidating your own statement
    I dont actually have to because the novella literally used the word

Lol, nice cop out response.

Instead of "i dont actually have to" you mean "i literally cant!"

Nah it means that I dont have to because they said it in the actual story.

I do appreciate how all of y'all are using arbitrary definitions so you can somehow pretzel logic yourself into not admitting it.

Again, when you're parceling out what actual genocide TECHNICALLY means by contesting the use of a single word in a definition, you've already lost the argument.