Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vx-Odessa-xV View Post
    Is it just me or is that countdown timer off? 46 hours to it now being 7:30pm Saturday the 11th puts the release at 5-6pm on the eveningof Monday the 13th..

Should it not be 52-53 hours and be dropping at midnight Tuesday morning, the 14th?
    Only Europe has midnight release, rest happen at same time around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Did they really just try and compare the burning of teldrassil to the red wedding. The Red Wedding was completely in line with Tywins motivations and what we knew of the character. Attacking and burning teldrassil was completely out of character for half the races present there. Like the tauren druids having a massive bloodthirst for malfurion? Come on.

Also "we've now started making thoughtful narratives because thats what people want these days." lets ignore the fact that people who enjoy those things didnt suddenly pop into existence overnight, why do these feel like some of the storylines with the least thought put into them in recent memory. Characters drive story, what you want to happen real bad shouldn't dictate character actions because it devalues any development you attempt. On one hand you tell us sylvanas loves her people and would do anything to protect them then on the other you have her gunning down half of them for daring to show up to event she herself put her blessing behind. Now sylvanas is worthless as a character, sure we can't predict what shes going to do but thats because you've shown anything shes done in the past has no development on the character as she stands today. Next week she might retire and open a bakery and sell tiger loafs to the golden lotus. Shes never expressed a desire to do that before but she also never expressed a desire to gun down her own people for doing something she told them to do but here we are.
    Well, first of all, Sylvanas has always been like that. Why has it come as a surprise for the most people? And secondly... who the f cares about GC and what's he's doing at Riot.

But seriously... these nerfs on Ret every day man... I thought GC didn't work at Blizzard anymore lol

"The story of Battle for Azeroth will continue to be expanded on both inside and outside of the game and the pacing should keep people happy and engaged the whole expansion."

I don't like out of game stuff that continues the story. They need to understand some people can't afford to buy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    And that makes it better how exactly? Just curious
    Accidents happen? This is the least concern considering the bugs/class issues atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Did they really just try and compare the burning of teldrassil to the red wedding. The Red Wedding was completely in line with Tywins motivations and what we knew of the character. Attacking and burning teldrassil was completely out of character for half the races present there. Like the tauren druids having a massive bloodthirst for malfurion? Come on.
    Appart from tauren and that's mostly their druids , horde is evil simple as that , the only thing that "old soldier" video showed was that some of the horde are like sylvannas kill and take land and don't care and some are like saurfang as in they do the same thing but with honor. "Hey i'm gonna take your land but pick up your sword cos' i'm honorable like that" completely ignoring the plundering and territory stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Appart from tauren and that's mostly their druids , horde is evil simple as that , the only thing that "old soldier" video showed was that some of the horde are like sylvannas kill and take land and don't care and some are like saurfang as in they do the same thing but with honor. "Hey i'm gonna take your land but pick up your sword cos' i'm honorable like that" completely ignoring the plundering and territory stealing.
    And the Allies are no better, so fuck off with that bullshit argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilynne View Post
    "The story of Battle for Azeroth will continue to be expanded on both inside and outside of the game and the pacing should keep people happy and engaged the whole expansion."

I don't like out of game stuff that continues the story. They need to understand some people can't afford to buy everything.
    Who said you need to buy every thing to read/listen to it? XP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    And the Allies are no better, so fuck off with that bullshit argument.
    Give me examples m8 . Alliance didn't have their grand leader "warchief' be the enemy of an expansion and soon to be second warchief too , they don't have undead in their alliance that only care for themselves as proven twice on the battlefield once in wotlk and now in bfa , they have no honor "lok'tar ogar" until they really might die then it's coward run , now you have teldrassil and sooo on.

looks like ghostcrawler got a position at riot that would've taken a long time or not be possible at blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vx-Odessa-xV View Post
    Is it just me or is that countdown timer off? 46 hours to it now being 7:30pm Saturday the 11th puts the release at 5-6pm on the eveningof Monday the 13th..

Should it not be 52-53 hours and be dropping at midnight Tuesday morning, the 14th?
    Think you missed the global release announcement. BfA is releasing at the same time world-wide. They set it at midnight in CEST (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2). That means it releases at 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Monday the 13th in the US, 6:00 AM CST (China Standard Time, not the US version of CST) on Tuesday in Shanghai, and 8:00 AM AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Tuesday in Sydney.

So yes, the countdown timer is accurate, and in fact, for the first time represents the global release countdown.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-rule-them-all

^ That link also has a solid map with times listed.
    Even Angels must kill from time to time...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Accidents happen? This is the least concern considering the bugs/class issues atm.
    That's what they always say, lamest excuse ever. It appears nobody cares for the consistency of the gaming world itself anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    looks like ghostcrawler got a position at riot that would've taken a long time or not be possible at blizzard.
    He coud have. After Metzen stepped down

"landmark storytelling games were not a thing in 2004"

metal gear solid came out in 1998, silent hill 2 cam out in 2001, morrowind came out in 2002. :/

not a single word about the group finder changes..

ion its time for you to go!
    really its better for the game..
    the interview is more than a standard bullshit excuse, in this interview you act as a dead man walking with his last words..

hmm, even when i like ion and his work over all the years (especially as raid design lead), all i see are lame excuses for giving the burden to players, to helped mass murdering, by a lame pseudo redeem shit on the horizon. some „it was for the greater good“ shit, will just come over as horrible hillarious. or in short: lame excuses for wether knowing their customers nor their product and just doing flat crap stories without thinking ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "landmark storytelling games were not a thing in 2004"

metal gear solid came out in 1998, silent hill 2 cam out in 2001, morrowind came out in 2002. :/
    I think what that blizzard person meant was: "Time-gating stories for profit was not a thing in 2004".

Give me examples m8 . Alliance didn't have their grand leader "warchief' be the enemy of an expansion and soon to be second warchief too , they don't have undead in their alliance that only care for themselves as proven twice on the battlefield once in wotlk and now in bfa , they have no honor "lok'tar ogar" until they really might die then it's coward run , now you have teldrassil and sooo on.
    So your evidence of the Horde being worse than Alliance is because of two leaders who 99% of the fanbase hated and complained about being forced to follow? Uhh... Ok.. I guess using your logic Alliance is 100% evil because of Arthas.

Singular villains can come from any faction, that doesn't define the faction as a whole though. If you want to know what the Horde are actually about you should try actually levelling one, or better yet play WC3 where the modern Horde was formed.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    I think what that blizzard person meant was: "Time-gating stories for profit was not a thing in 2004".
    lol pretty much this.

- - - Updated - - -

More preloaded Q&A bullshit from Blizzard. Surprise Surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    That's what they always say, lamest excuse ever. It appears nobody cares for the consistency of the gaming world itself anymore.
    You do realise how many NPC's and things are in the game right? Are you really getting your panties in a twist over something so unimportant?

You have the dark irons in the Alliance now, you know the guys the summoned fucking Ragnaros into the world.

Allies enslaved Pandaren @ start of mop to build warcamp

Jaina massacred innocent Belfs in Dalaran

Goblin Intro - You fired upon a neutral vessel full of refugees and sank it

Arthas was human - responsible for probably the most loss of life next to legion

Nelfs are responsible for the original legion invasion, and partly to blame for the subsequent two

Want me to go on? I'm not saying the horde hasn't done bad shit as well, just dont pretend your fucking alliance is a pristine force of goody goodys.
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2018-08-12 at 04:12 PM.

Alliance is certainly better on average, I'd say. It wasn't that way until after Wrath, but ever since Garrosh its had a problem with aggression and a willingness to inflict civilian casualties.

The Alliance's nastiness is more insidious, though. It doesn't get much coverage in the game itself, but there's an undercurrent of exclusion and mistrust at-odds with the positive veneer of the faction. Not quite evil, but a colonialist bent, a willingness to label people as savages or monsters.