Thread: Ret nerf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3% of say 3.5k probably wont move the needle much.. if at all on the damage meters truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    The problem with the nerf is that they're based on ACTUAL Legion content, and not BfA, because they don't have any info for 120 Uldir Ret performance yet.

And the ACTUAL state of ret is going to change past Lvl 115 when legendaries stop working and we won't have Divine Purpose and Inq at the same time, not counting on the Verdict's talent stacking with cloak.
    When you reach that level, you'll see how your damage will go to the ground, without Haste and legendary procs.
    This nerf was definitely targeted for the classes in a 120 raid gear state. As even higher gear levels its us and rogues far and away the best simmed classes

Quote Originally Posted by Fight4Fun View Post
    Since Cata i had feeling that Blizzard class balance team - 2,5 man; Retribution nerf team - 50 man.
    And that is why your biased opinion doesnt count as much...

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with the nerf is that they're based on ACTUAL Legion content, and not BfA, because they don't have any info for 120 Uldir Ret performance yet.
    Never have I heard anything so wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    My thoughts are that we need to see how all classes perform when we get to level 120.
    Fixed it for you.

/thread

And the ACTUAL state of ret is going to change past Lvl 115 when legendaries stop working and we won't have Divine Purpose and Inq at the same time, not counting on the Verdict's talent stacking with cloak.
    When you reach that level, you'll see how your damage will go to the ground, without Haste and legendary procs.
    Agreed, once the 15% extra damage from cloak, and the talent ring are made useless, gonna take a hit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalancePoint View Post
    Agreed, once the 15% extra damage from cloak, and the talent ring are made useless, gonna take a hit
    as will every other class in the game both before and after this nerf ret is one of the top ST dps classes at 120

Quote Originally Posted by MookieRah View Post
    There were plenty of strong specs that weren't nerfed into the ground despite being strong before the first raid tier. Also, this thread is about the current 3% buff, not potential future nerfs.
    Bro you're clearly a new player, because as the dude was trying to hint at, you don't have the faintest clue of the history of this forsaken class. History has repeated itself over and over and over, and no people are not being overdramatic, it is a cycle from history. You're just ignorant and willing to accept any bullshit excuse a marketingteam/PR person would give you.

You're naive.

Just kill more of your allies to get more uptime on your buff and it'll be fine.

@deadmau
    That history is pretty much irrelevant, and my position is based solely on what is happening now. I arrived at my opinion based on the data we have available, not by some sort of PR excuse by Blizz. Right now Ret is doing very well. If they didn’t receive that nerf they would be sitting at the very top, above every other spec. That isn’t “balance”. As the sims improve it only justifies more and more that Ret and Rogues needed nerfs.

You can continue to whine and claim others are naive or ignorant, but the data supports me right now.