Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sylvanas has fangs

Just replayed the siege of Lordaeron and noticed it for the first time. Sylvanas has fangs. Since when does she have fangs? Has she always had fangs? Why does she have fangs?

fangs

sometimes they give elves fangs sometimes they dont. its kinda weird.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Not just Sylvanas, all elves have fangs in the newer cinematics.

Night elves have fangs.

because she's a bloodsucking banshee bi..i mean witch.

Sorry @Aucald

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Just replayed the siege of Lordaeron and noticed it for the first time. Sylvanas has fangs. Since when does she have fangs? Has she always had fangs? Why does she have fangs?

fangs
    Because she's an Elf?
    All elves have fangs. It's a leftover from when they were Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

All elves have fangs, they're vestigial tusks left over from when they evolved from Trolls millenia ago.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    She’s a Vampire?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Because she's an Elf?
    All elves have fangs. It's a leftover from when they were Trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    All elves have fangs, they're vestigial tusks left over from when they evolved from Trolls millenia ago.
    Huh, okay. I take it that this is a cinematic only thing? Because my blood elfs certainly don't have fangs ingame, just checked it.

Another thing to notice about her teeth is how low their graphic quality is compared to Alleria's. That's some Alliance bias right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Night elves always had fangs, even in Warcraft 3 ( https://files2.ostagram.ru/uploads/c...710c68d354.jpg ).
    I do not remember seeing any representation of high elf with fangs before Battle for Azeroth, but it's not a big deal. It looks good, I believe.

I don't understand what is the logic behind fangs being a leftover from Troll tusks. Tusks and fangs are different teeth. And Trolls have both tusks and fangs. If this is an official thing then it's a bit weird.
    Last edited by Koward; 2018-08-12 at 07:11 PM.

They're there to make her look cool and menacing. Also, notice the dripping mascara has been replaced by tribal tattoos

7+ Year Old Account
    As people said, all elves in WoW have fangs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    only took the OP 20 years to realize that Elves have fangs

Wasn't that right b4 she went full banshee mode?

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    They're there to make her look cool and menacing. Also, notice the dripping mascara has been replaced by tribal tattoos
    pretty sure thats just them not wanting to draw out the mascara design.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    only took the OP 20 years to realize that Elves have fangs
    Now that's not fair, Thalassians haven't been depicted with them, iirc. With that and the eye markings, I'm willing to think it's some Blizzard artists crossing their wires with Night Elf designs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I was gonna make this thread this morning but thought better. This must have just been a mistake wihr the art team here because it's only in this cinematic as far as I can tell.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

All elves are supposed to have fangs, but much like troll third toes and Sylvanas's eyes the art department aren't entirely consistent on drawing them.