Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Except... he totally did?

He said the movie was really good and the dude was a huge fan that worked religiously to make a good starwars movie, when in fact the movie was really bad, full of plot hole and stuff that just contradict the SW lore, full of lefty politic propaganda, and clearly made to pissoff Starwars fans and everyone who cared about the story and where the story will go.
    He left the franchise in ruin by not only producing a terrible movie, but by also ruining the previous movie by shitting on each and every set up JJ put in them for some potential could stuff and by leaving NO buildup at ALL for the next movie.

And once everyone called him out on that, he ATTACKED the fans, calling them unsecured man babies, sexist and racist at the drop of a hat.

Sure, Metzen is right on his point about fandom and hate, but that particular example has NOTHING to do with undeserved hate.
    This post sums up where I'm at with the recent hand-waving. It is not being toxic to call something bad when it is actually bad. Obviously, death-threats or telling someone to get cancer is over the top. But criticism does NOT need to be "constructive" in order to be valid. Nor does calling a spade a space automatically mean it's being "toxic".

"Metzen isn't going to attack a director publicly on the internet if he didn't like a movie, he'll just not buy a ticket to his next movie."

More people should take this piece of advice. Instead of paying for a sub-par, mediocre product they should just spend their money and time in a better place.
    On the other hand it's only natural to get annoyed when you see some idiots messing up something wonderful and loved and want to be vocal about it.
    In the end I think the most powerful tool is the $$$$. Stop paying and they will hear you. Keep paying your $$$$ and they won't respect you and your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    The same thing apply to your reasoning: Not necessarily true.

Unless the raid was balanced around those two doing that dps (and actually with people only playing those two classes because of that), then yes, you would need to re-balance it.

But the truth is that this is hardly true and they just didn't pay attention (by mistake, "dev pride" or lazyness to name a few reasons) to those two outperforming and doing much more than they prepared the content for.

We've seen that plenty of times over the story of WoW raid and world 1st races. Like "wow! check out the druid bleed damage! It's insane... STACK DRUIDS!". That raid was never balanced around that insane bleed damage (and of course not for druid stacking).

Never forget that not only they nerf the top two bringing their performance in line with the other 10, but they also buff those two instead of nerfing 10 when the oposite happens (like it did happen at the begining of Legion).
    You're right. I didn't consider that. I'd like to think math is being done to estimate required damage for encounters with enrage timers. But you're right, for fights without enrage, it's probably not crucial to have the group hit a dps threshold.

I don't disagree with your closing statement either, it was largely just a response to the idea that buffing the bottom performers to bring them up in line was the same as nerfing the top performers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienor View Post
    "Metzen isn't going to attack a director publicly on the internet if he didn't like a movie, he'll just not buy a ticket to his next movie."

More people should take this piece of advice. Instead of paying for a sub-par, mediocre product they should just spend their money and time in a better place.
    On the other hand it's only natural to get annoyed when you see some idiots messing up something wonderful and loved and want to be vocal about it.
    In the end I think the most powerful tool is the $$$$. Stop paying and they will hear you. Keep paying your $$$$ and they won't respect you and your opinion.
    But in certain markets, media especially, paying with your wallet doesn't really make that much noise and takes a long time to pull the attention to the industry as what is acceptable or not.

Using Last Jedi as an example: 1.321 billion USD

Do you think it would have made that much if people knew what they were going into? The Last Jedi was garbage, but it was already paid for. If you speak with your money on the next product (which very well may be great for all you know) not only was the message that The Last Jedi was terrible completely missed, as its years later, but the premise that it did well just because of sales is a false premise (not to mention that you are technically judging a new product you haven't experienced yet, purely based off of past experience).

The Force Awakens did: 2.066 billion USD.

This certainly shows that the new movies are not trending well. I personally believe The Force Awakens was pretty awful. According to 'speaking with your wallet', The Last Jedi shows this, but its clear that speaking with your wallet didn't work here as the Last Jedi received far more out-cry and dislike then The Force Awakens. With the shit show that The Last Jedi was, I'm assuming the next Starwars will be another step down (and my only curiosity is if Disney will ever learn their lesson).

This doesn't all apply the same way to WoW though. as WoW is a subscription based form of entertainment, stopping your sub speaks much louder then paying for a crap movie and in turn deciding to not pay for one you haven't experienced yet.

But WoW in this same regard does have the ability to 'float' so to speak on bad production (weather you see it that way or not) just due to the blind followers, the people that don't give a crap about the story but like the rest, or just use WoW as a means to community and the rest is icing...

Speaking out is fine, should be encouraged, and everyone benefits from good communication (even if the message isn't about positives). We as people just need to not mix up childish behavior in that (or mistake reasonable criticisms as childish behavior).