Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reecejackox View Post
    was watching a youtube video and apparently 22% of people said they would let their parents pick a partner for them so i was just wondering if anyone here would let them choose partner for you?

if yes , who do you think you would end up with?
    Bwahahahahahaha!!! No Freakin Way! My mother and father married when they were very young, and divorced while still young. My mother remarried soon after, and had an abusive relationship for 7 or so years. Then moved from man to man for the next however many years before she was excommunicated from the family.

She was the abuser.

My father wouldn't be a good judge either as he is a docile push over.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Sure.

Under the thoughts of a traditional arranged marriage for business purposes with hope of affections arising.

It's not an utterly terrible system.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I'm not even certain if I ever wanna get into a relationship again. I'd rather stay alone.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If my dad found someone that was interested in dating me, I'd give them a chance, sure. I don't think my mom knows enough about what I'd like in a partner to be able to do the same.

Would I let him choose me a bride? Prooobably not, know. That's too far.

No, I would be with a dick if I let my parents pick. Figuratively and literally, and in both cases, is not something I'm interested in.

Never ever.
    They choose based on their preferences, not yours, which already can (and most likely would) lead to problems in the future. And... something like that should only be a personal choice. Unsurprisingly, most countries where this is still being practised, are not exactly with the highest standards of living.

No waaaaaay. I love my parents but they would be pretty terrible at picking out a date for me. Especially my mom, not that it stops her from trying to convince me to date every random waitress/hairdresser that she meets.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    No, I would be with a dick if I let my parents pick. Figuratively and literally, and in both cases, is not something I'm interested in.
    Hahaha, I got a kick out of that one.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2018-08-14 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want them too. That being said, I would be interested to see who my parents would pick.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I would let them try and see if they could find someone for me sure. They have been happily married for 46 years and they know what I like and don't like. I found my husband online, they did not like him as a teenager but they love him now.

If I would be a child, I would consider/respect their viewpoint but i guess, no.

Well seeing how my parents ended in Divorce, I wouldn't trust their judgement in this matter, so no.

Also, personal freedom and all that...

Deleted
    Doesn't really work anymore in modern society, most kids grow up completely different from their parents. Just compare the people growing up with www and their parents, impossible those parents understand their kids enough / know possible partners to do anything good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    My parents aren't too hip to the world. They met this person outside of their second hand shop. She was dressed as a dragon and waving a sign for a Tax company. My parents thought the costume odd, but justified it because she was advertising for a tax prep company. My parents befriended her and she told them what she was. It didn't register to my parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy Christ... Glad to see you still kicking around these parts sir.
    That's hilarious.

My parents picked mine (arranged marriage). Most I can say for craziness is some of the people (dad's mostly) I met when going through the process.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

No thanks. I found someone on my own, and I'm very happy with my choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Lolol!!! Ty for the laugh
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    So... have you tried bringing a black man?
    At this point it probably wouldn't surprise them. My Grandmother asked me point blank "have you just given up on women?"

What the hell kind of question is that? Who does that? What kind of goody-two-shoes dweeb lets his parents choose his life partner? Whatever happened to having some sort of a backbone and finding one yourself? And who cares if they don't like my partner, it's my life, I'm an adult, they don't get shit to say about it whether they like it or not.

What kind of spineless coward are you, OP?

Quote Originally Posted by beedeehee View Post
    What the hell kind of question is that? Who does that? What kind of goody-two-shoes dweeb lets his parents choose his life partner? Whatever happened to having some sort of a backbone and finding one yourself? And who cares if they don't like my partner, it's my life, I'm an adult, they don't get shit to say about it whether they like it or not.

What kind of spineless coward are you, OP?
    I sense anger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    I sense anger issues.
    I sense armchair psychology.

My parents had far higher hopes and expectations for me than I ever did... I would consider it.