Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Awesome new zones but the leveling is the worst we ever had

I must say I really like the new zones. Quest are well made, graphic design, music and atmosphere are awesome. Everything should be cool but to me the leveling never felt worse and I started playing in beta.
    The problem is that my character gets weaker every level. The enemies scale with me, so nothing changes except that I am losing things (e.g. old trinket proccs and legendary effects) and that my % for anything like crit etc. goes down.
    Leveling should feel rewarding but this time it feels punishing. I think instead of leveling this time they should have simply used achievements to track to progress or something similar, so that is at least does not feel as punishing as it does now,

I agree 120%. I was all over the old idea of content always scaling to stay relevant, but it completely destroys any feeling of progression when you make stats so much less impactful every level without compensating by feeding players much better gear.

I started off at 110 feeling good, you know able to pull a few mobs and kill them relatively fast. Ended up having to kill most things single target towards 120 and these were the sames mobs I backtracked because I missed some quests.

It feels really awful getting weaker every level.

Deleted
    Had to wait for my 2 min cooldowns to clear any group of mobs at 120. awesome tuning.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling should not feel rewarding, it should feel harder and harder til you get to the top and then you start gearing up.
    That's the whole point of it.

This is how every expansion starts. Give it a couple weeks and a few good upgrades and you'll start to feel much more capable. Then in a few months you'll be invincible to this entry-level stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Had to wait for my 2 min cooldowns to clear any group of mobs at 120. awesome tuning.
    At least say what class you are.
    Also you're probably just bad. The only enemies who hit me are elites, and I don't even have to use a CC (notice how I didn't say my class either? Have fun figuring out which it is).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

You want the game to become easier as you progress? WoW players have the most nonsensical logic. Ridiculous. The low quality whine here is disgraceful.

Eh, I'm enjoying it so far but haven't hit 115 yet when everything just stops working.

This is less a problem of BfA though and more a problem that they didn't just convert all legendaries to a 5% dps boost that decreases by 1% every level.

If my https://www.wowhead.com/item=152093/...onus=3610:1472 stops working I'm really going to feel it though.

Why do I get the feeling people are just burned out from leveling due to likely speed leveling allied races just weeks/months ago for the armor transmogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I must say I really like the new zones. Quest are well made, graphic design, music and atmosphere are awesome. Everything should be cool but to me the leveling never felt worse and I started playing in beta.
    The problem is that my character gets weaker every level. The enemies scale with me, so nothing changes except that I am losing things (e.g. old trinket proccs and legendary effects) and that my % for anything like crit etc. goes down.
    Leveling should feel rewarding but this time it feels punishing. I think instead of leveling this time they should have simply used achievements to track to progress or something similar, so that is at least does not feel as punishing as it does now,
    I disagree. You are going from end game raid gear and loaded with stats....to no stats and no raid gear. You are essentially..starting over. That has been how it has always felt save for the original vanilla experience but only because you started from lvl1.
    Leveling has always made you feel weaker, because with every level..you lose stats and you great gear is replaced with green and blue gear.

I think this is the best it has been. They tried to make it feel like a more vanilla feel in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    At least say what class you are.
    Also you're probably just bad. The only enemies who hit me are elites, and I don't even have to use a CC (notice how I didn't say my class either? Have fun figuring out which it is).
    Bad players on MMO-champion? OUTRAGEOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Leveling should not feel rewarding, it should feel harder and harder til you get to the top and then you start gearing up.
    That's the whole point of it.
    This x 1000%

You're suppose to feel weaker. It's been that way since the game started. Lol

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been like that ever since i remember. WoD was a little better because of Draenor Perks.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

5+ Year Old Account
    I dont like new zones on horde, leveling is hell, trolls everywhere like there wouldn’t be anything else. I like the vulpera caravan part but that’s all about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty much pretty standard for every expansion since Cata, if not earlier. It's not really a new feeling.

I do sort of see that with level scaling it can be a bit "eh" that some mobs in a quest you did earlier are now much more difficult but I think the advantags of scaling outweigh this problem.

Maybe the solution is to have every expansion put everyone on an even playing field from the start with a full gear reset, so there's no weirdness with people starting out overgeared? :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is the journey to power, you'll never really (or should never really) feel to be the upper hand during it. Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor were too soft handed on that. The reward is once you're journey is complete, you have reach your new potential and the gates open up for you - this is where your true reward starts (should start).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I savor the challenge. Enough of this 'pull every mob and aoe them down' mentality that plagues most areas of the game already.

Lol this isn't the first person I've seen recently trying to act like the game getting harder at higher levels is something new and terrible. Complainers must be running out of stuff so are just making things up now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a legitimate question:

Is literally everyone's idea of progression killing things faster? Like...beating the zone isn't progression to you? doing the quests isn't progression?

Literally the only sense of progression you have is from bigger numbers\things dying quicker?

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    I have a legitimate question:

Is literally everyone's idea of progression killing things faster? Like...beating the zone isn't progression to you? doing the quests isn't progression?

Literally the only sense of progression you have is from bigger numbers\things dying quicker?
    To players with simple minds (i.e. most players), unfortunately yes.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator