Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Well? How do you pronounce "Ak’agthshi ma uhnish, ak’uq shg’cul vwahuhn"?

World of Warcraft and Blizzard were an "indie darling"?

Alliance: "We're going to start off immediately with inner conflict but then decide immediately it was bad so we're all cool again."

Horde: "Should we destroy another Troll leader? I don't think we've done that recently."

10+ Year Old Account
    As a non native english speaker, I have a rel hard time understanding trolls accent. Could someone be kind enough to translate/sub what did he and "death" say? I got that he offered to serve him in life and death, but I couldnt understand death's refusal for the initial offer.

Quote Originally Posted by monteiro View Post
    As a non native english speaker, I have a rel hard time understanding trolls accent. Could someone be kind enough to translate/sub what did he and "death" say? I got that he offered to serve him in life and death, but I couldnt understand death's refusal for the initial offer.
    If you don't mind that this isn't a 1:1:

Rastakhan knows he needs someone / something powerful in his corner for the coming turmoil. Loa (Gods) of wind and rain and good harvest aren't going to cut it so he says he'll put Bwonsamdi (Death) above all the other gods in their religious heirarchy if he aids Rastakhan.

Bwonsamdi likes this but oh wait, you're just one troll, eventually the people will want their gods of wind and rain and good harvest back, not a Death God.

Rastakhan says not only will he honor the pact but his entire family bloodline - the ruling cast of Zandalar - will as well for as long as they exist, so there won't be any 'take-backs' of the oath just because Rastakhan will eventually die.

Bwonsamdi agrees to that one, and now has a vested interest in the Empire of Rastakhan surviving because the bloodline and he are now linked.

Is that helpful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    If you don't mind that this isn't a 1:1:

Rastakhan knows he needs someone / something powerful in his corner for the coming turmoil. Loa (Gods) of wind and rain and good harvest aren't going to cut it so he says he'll put Bwonsamdi (Death) above all the other gods in their religious heirarchy if he aids Rastakhan.

Bwonsamdi likes this but oh wait, you're just one troll, eventually the people will want their gods of wind and rain and good harvest back, not a Death God.

Rastakhan says not only will he honor the pact but his entire family bloodline - the ruling cast of Zandalar - will as well for as long as they exist, so there won't be any 'take-backs' of the oath just because Rastakhan will eventually die.

Bwonsamdi agrees to that one, and now has a vested interest in the Empire of Rastakhan surviving because the bloodline and he are now linked.

Is that helpful?
    thanks a lot!

Khadgar was magically aged. He was just a wee youngster when Medivh aged him? It'd make sense if he was able to reverse it through the magic of plot. After all he's an amazing sorcerer in his own right. But for him to say they just retconned it is just a shame to the story.

Bit dumb they would just retcon Khadgar being old. I thought there was a reason he looked younger, but nope, they just retconned it.

You guys did exactly what I would hope you would with Jaina, wow now that’s how you do a video.

I just wanna be the guy who points this out
    The actor who voices Jainas dad Daelin Proudmoore , is also Robert Baratheon

10,000 SCREAMING HORDE ON AN OPEN FIELD! THE WHORE IS PREGNANT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I just wanna be the guy who points this out
    The actor who voices Jainas dad Daelin Proudmoore , is also Robert Baratheon

10,000 SCREAMING HORDE ON AN OPEN FIELD! THE WHORE IS PREGNANT!!!!
    Really? Haha thats awesome

Can an Ally give context on that Jaina cinematic? I guess she has some sorta redemption arc or something and this is the culmination?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Really? Haha thats awesome

Can an Ally give context on that Jaina cinematic? I guess she has some sorta redemption arc or something and this is the culmination?
    It's kind of like a redemption arc for herself and an "Oh, so we were wrong" arc for the Kul'Tirans.

The story they have is that Jaina all but stabbed Daelin in the back and not that she struggled to stop him the whole time and convince him of the potential error of his ways, and ran off and sapped the strength of Kul'Tiras when they needed it most, which is why she's immediately arrested and her mother disowns her on the spot.

Katherine seeing all of the horrible stuff Jaina has tried to stop that led to her kind of going off the deep end for the bit was an eye opening moment of "You know, my husband always was kind of a shithead."

It's a very emotional moment but you need to be more invested in the characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    I... Ion knows that Khadgar was aged by Medivh during their encounter back in WC1 and that is why he was so old... right? Please tell me that Ion did not forget that very important lore fact and just make a change on a whim because "Uh, Movie Khadgar was young!"

By all accounts our Khadgar should have been roughly that young in WC1 but because of Medivh's aging him into an old man that is why Khadgar looked so old.

This really bothers me, this one comment by Ion bothers me GREATLY...

And I know its a whole team behind this, but the fact that it was worded this way, and the track history of lore issues such as the famous Red Shirt Guy moment at Blizzcon really makes me think they completely forgot Khadgar's origin and instead of looking into it went "Oh, hey, movie Khadgar is super young... why is ours so old? Lets tweak him a bit!"

I don't know man, that one line in the interview just rubs me all kinds of wrong ways :S
    No he (or the so called "Loremasters" cough cough) doesn´t know that as you just have read.

Damn, I haven't played the Alliance questline yet but that video brought tears to my eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    *Laughs in Orcish* So that's how they rationalise WoD.
    To my knowledge most of the clans had little to no lore on them. Best thing WoD did was give the Orc clan some semblance of uniqueness.

eh... those Zandalari cinematics are just cringy af.

Proudmoore had way more depth and emotion. Bravo, Blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    I love how they included Kinndy Sparkshine among Rhonin, Varian, Daelin, and Arthas. They should have added Antonidas, too, though.
    Why Antonidas? She wasn't responsible for that - Antonidas even sent her away and chose to die.

Quote Originally Posted by PlazaPlaza View Post
    Stop using this ridiculous term for everything you don't like...
    Do you really think you're important enough, to tell people what words to use?

- - - Updated - - -

"Continuity exists to enhance a story, not to tie the hands of creators". Well, that explains everything. Translation: "Continuity is whatever we say it is, we'll retcon anything to make it fit the shape the game, at any given moment." For those that don't understand, continuity is the glue that holds a story together, it's the links from point a to point b to point c, that are consistent and logical. Things like "Jaime lost a hand in the story at Point A, so we can't have him use his missing hand after point A." What Ion is saying is that glue, the consistency of the story, only "enhances" a story, and isn't a foundation of it - which makes any writer of any note laugh hysterically. According to him, the Death Star blowing up can be changed, if it makes Episode IX more entertaining.

So, forget lore. To the game director, it's basically window dressing, that can be changed to make the developers job easier. Good to know, I won't waste money on WoW lore books anymore.

I'm flabbergasted he would say something like that in public. Dude. Ion. Learn to shine your audience on a little, maintain the fiction that you give a flying fuck about lore. This is the kind of thing you keep to yourself, or only say at work.

There must be some big ass retcons coming, if this is what's on his mind right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monteiro View Post
    He basically said a promise to lord him over all over Loa was temporary situation. In time the trolls would go back to worship the loas of life and farming etc.

I did like the Jaina cinematic after I finished the quest...but those Troll cinematics are on another level IMO. Fuck I wish my IRL friends were Horde instead, I've hated the switch for so long.

Bwonsamdi's character is top notch and I hope to see more of him.