Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I'm tired of the word mainlander..... Npc's use it in every sentence..
    I wonder if blizzard will bother coding different text for Kul'tirans when they're released...

Im happy we're back to a somewhat normal status again! I dont role play but when ever I did a quest in Drustvar and everyone was like "Be careful" I really wish my character would give a sarcastic look! We have killed a lot of bad guys on a total for four planets (not counting the invasions we did) but yet I need to be careful of a few pig men.

But like others have said, while leveling I could still pull around 7 - 9 mobs as a balance druid and treants and blow starfall + full moon and KJBW and everything died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    I still think the stat squish wasnt enough though, as we're quickly rising in power. I don't know why Blizzard has a hardon for upping the itemlevel exponentially every tier or expansion. It started out great but I'm already twice as powerful as I was 5 levels ago. Between 120 levels that's just insanely bad design.
    WoW's original design aped EverQuest, which was focused on getting ever-more-powerful items, and kept bumping up the level cap. They could change that now, but they had a choice of which design to go with when they started, and they picked that one.

The main alternative was the once-famous Dark Age of Camelot, which had a level cap which never increased, and stat caps (mostly hard, some soft IIRC - but difficult to reach without very good gear - you would eventually though), but a sort of "alternative advancement" mechanism called Realm Points, which you used to buy permanent abilities. You also got largely cosmetic gear upgrades (and gear eventually wore down, which I know some people loathe). This is much more similar to what Guild Wars 2 did - the level cap in GW2 has remained at 80, and whilst they did add in Ascended gear (contrary to their original mission statement), the main advancement is through "alternative advancement" stuff and cosmetic gear chasing.

WoW could have gone that way. It would have been a lot easier and I think PvP would have been worked out a lot better a long time ago if they had, but they went the other way - which means increasing level caps and gear numbers forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    In lore your still a leader, general and everything else none of that has changed.
    I know I'm being "that guy" and just arguing semantics here, but this isn't entirely true. In lore we don't actually exist. Each player character in-game is replaced with "bands of heroes" in the lore. The sentiment is correct, however, nothing about our status has changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Egitel View Post
    I know I'm being "that guy" and just arguing semantics here, but this isn't entirely true. In lore we don't actually exist. Each player character in-game is replaced with "bands of heroes" in the lore. The sentiment is correct, however, nothing about our status has changed.
    We do exist. The game makes many references to our past achievements. The same 'hero' did everything in every expansion. The hero changes but the hero is canon
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-08-15 at 07:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    It’s been like this every single expansion, how are people not use to this yet. Your flat numbers goes higher as it always does due to higher main stats, but dps goes down due to secondary stat scaling. Heck for some specs like arcane mages in the past their damage would go down as well due to mastery losing value faster then intellect gain was making up for it. Getting a new ability mid way never changed that.

Thanks for stating the obvious genius...

What I was saying was that this time I noticed the depowering, where in the past I would be too distracted by new shiny things. This time I noticed it and it grated on my nerves. It didn't feel good.
    Here is something to believe in!

There wasn't really anywhere to go but down when we fought two actual titans. Recently reformed, weakened titans, but still, friggin' titans.

I'm about to hit 116 though and man I am going to miss my legendaries. Not the mechanics to get them though; those were awful.

I am impressed that despite this de-powering the scope still feels grand and dramatic, and I am as invested in the story as ever.

But I still want Curse of the Dreadblades back as outlaw, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Thanks for stating the obvious genius...

What I was saying was that this time I noticed the depowering, where in the past I would be too distracted by new shiny things. This time I noticed it and it grated on my nerves. It didn't feel good.
    Then you probably should’ve tried one of the classes with shiny things if it’s that important to you. If you are so simple minded that all it took was a new ability that just replaced an old one from your rotation for you to not notice that painful truth in you casting much slower, crit less often while your damage is only going up slightly than I’m at a lost for words.

While I don’t mind lvling in new expansions (love playing new zones and their soundtracks, the quest etc), it’s usually isn’t until the second tier of the expansion that my characters start feeling right again once I’ve had enough secondary stats to make the class work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

You were never a demi-god.
    You are still asked to pick up random squirrel because that is what people request their local demi gods to do.
    Anyone with a clear head would have known all those people praising you for how cool you are are all lying, play actors. No you are not a demi god ruling a class order of your own. I thought this is apparent when the whole city is wielding the same made in China mock up weapon.

I just killed a Loa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    i have to say it feels much the same to me on my Prot Warrior...the last 3 x-pacs have been an absolute breeze leveling and this one is no exception. I am able to solo all of the Rares and have been able to since 110. Now, let me make clear that i was heroic/mythic geared with an Ilvl of 250 going in so that might make a difference, but....
    Not to rain on your parade but i do/did aswell as elemental shaman at 212 ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Adventurer? You're the Champion of Azeroth, not some adventurer... sorry to say but we're not adventurers yet, I wish we were believe me but we're still some super important random tit according to Blizz and everyone around, we're still a commander of a garrison, The Ashrbringer and now Champion of Azeroth and an Alliance Emissary/Speaker of the Horde, no bias there.
    And that's something only we know. It doesn't come with any power, just an obligation to absorb Azerite.

No NPC thus far considered us anything more than an emissary of the Alliance/Horde. I mean, the most of a compliment they gave us is: "being well-traveled".

I'm alright on my monk with that. I don't mind him being a mysterious stranger that helps people in need.

I'll probably hate it on my DK alt tho. I miss being the Deathlord and people either fearing me or respecting my status. I desperately want to make the Ebon Blade into something bigger... here's hoping Blizzard puts them into spotlight some day. Perhaps when they decide to do something with Bolvar, so my character has a chance of getting some unique dialogue and whatnot.

We are STILL the champions. We are still order hall commanders.

We only sacrificed weapon power to help stop the big sword from hurting Azeroth more.

“(Gasp) that’s Ritalin, he has the expired Ashbringer in the bank.”

They keep referring to my boosted character as "champion" though, when he has does nothing to deserve that title. I think they should at least have a couple of different "titles" for our characters that the NPCs could use depending on our level of achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    We are STILL the champions. We are still order hall commanders.

We only sacrificed weapon power to help stop the big sword from hurting Azeroth more.

“(Gasp) that’s Ritalin, he has the expired Ashbringer in the bank.”
    Sure but to these people we aren't and they treat us as such. They could care less if we just took out the Burning Legion, their homes are being overrun by crazy stuff. There is still some of the old commander stuff still floating around in the War quest lines, but the bulk of it is just normal people wanting their butts saved.

As far as the feel of leveling, we've always lost some umph along the way, but I don't really recall an expansion before where you hit a certain level and it felt like someone downshifted you from 5th gear to 2nd like it did when I hit 116. It was rather jarring where as things tended to be smoother and less noticeable in previous expansions.

Deleted
    I discarded my legendarys before starting for Kul Tiras, wanted to start afresh. So I didn't notice the mobs getting harder once i hit 116.

And I love just being a wanderer in the new world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh mate, you have no idea.

The wife and I are loving the feeling of finally just being the little guy again. Feels great!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WE will be God’s soon enough. Gearing up is the fun part
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Geezus guys wake the hell up. This happens EVERY EXPANSION. It starts with getting rid of your gear from the former expansion. Then it continues onwards until at the very least you are walking in heroic dungeon gear. After that things are always very much simpler. Obviously not as simple as when you are decked in the last tier of mythic raid gear.

So I would say: Enjoy that "adventurer" thing while it lasts.... But do not expect it to endure.
    No it didnt happen during TBC and bit during WOTLK.