Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Did we find a legit heir to Lordaeron?

So it has been pretty much confirmed that Taelia is the daughter of Bolvar. Now I have read/heard about this
    C + B = T theory and it seems really fair. C in this scenario obviously being Calia and she is no longer part of the equation being undead.

Calia is the legitimate heir to Lordaeron, and she was killed. I don't think there are any left that aren't undead or dead.

The theory that Taellia is Calia's daughter is literally out of nowhere. Who knows, stranger things have happened... but I'm extremely skeptical.

All I know is Taelia annoyed me so much I swapped factions.
    I cannot divest myself of my faith in my Volk.

There are multiple glaring holes in the theory that the mother is Calia. For one how did Calia not hear about Bolvar when she was in Stormwind? His role was not kept secret. He was the leader of the city for multiple years, was a famous military command and (to the laymen) the biggest casualty of the war against the Lich King on the Alliance's side. Furthermore, Calia says her husband was a footman from Lordaeron, not a Knight (and later Regent Lord) from Stormwind. Also why would Calia arbitrarily lie about Bolvar to Anduin's face?

It also reads like really horrible fan fiction where every character needs to be related or revealed to be related wayyyyyyyy after the fact completely hamfistedly.

Serves no purpose other than for people to go, 'wow dat was cool.' The fact that she's related to even Bolvar is stupid and clearly just a set up to give Anduin a noble bride. She couldn't have just been a badass lady who helps you literally save all of Kul Tiras, nope. She also has to be Bolvar's daughter.

Because Warcraft is now full shonen mode. Which means its going to end up being true. Why can't we just have cool new characters who don't have to be hamfistedly buoyed on the back of existing lore characters from the past?
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-08-16 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    Cool, very relevant to the thread.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-08-16 at 10:05 AM. Reason: MMOChamp acting up

Theres no need for heir. The current Lords of Lordaeron are still undead and kicking!

7+ Year Old Account
    Technically there Is an heir, with Calia's young child who Is the only living heir to the throne now, if Calia herself doesn't want to take It up (Which she should, don't matter If she's dead, still hate that she Is and isn't screw you blizz)

That could make for Interesting theories, with the child being somewhere around late teens possibly candidate for Anduin's wife, now that'd be awesome, uniting two kingdoms in marrige like that.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Calia supposedly has a daughter. Question is whether it is still counted as heir apparent, because we know next to nothing about said daughter and what type of succession did apply in the Kingdom of Lordaeron. Given that Calia was for quite some time considered as a possible heir to the throne, at the very least, it wasn't strictly exclusive patrilineal primogeniture, but we do not know if said daughter would be eligible for the throne of Lordaeron per the Kingdom's laws, or whether someone married to her would be.
    On the other hand, Calia being a lightforged undead doesn't strictly preclude her from occupying the throne. She is capable of performing the royal function, and she is current heir apparent.
    That is all hypothetical, however. As is now, the Alliance is effectively the occupying power of Tirisfal Glades, therefore, of the area that belonged to the Kingdom of Lordaeron. Said kingdom was not renewed as of yet, and even if it was, the Alliance leadership can designate a leader for said kingdom simply by the right of conquest (as of now, anyway). The decision is likely going to be more political than going with primogeniture. If one is made at all, as the area in its current state is effectively dead and useless.

Yeah Taelia is Calia's daugther, it's so obvious it makes me want to puke.

And they are forcing her down our throats same way they did with Yrel - "oh I'm such a cute and unexperienced girl, but make no mistake, in a patch or three, I'm going to be a strong, independent woman character with a lot of relevance to the story plot for no other reason than to add another strong, independed woman character into it."

Her existance also means that Wrathion + Anduin will never happen, as our new exciting female character was surely tailored to be High King's Bae. Ok, I know Wranduin was never going to happen anyway, but at least I could have some hope, now it's all gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    we know she have a daughter( always a daughter) she probably can't have sons anymore

she daughter can be taelia or someone new, so they got 2 characters with a big name behind

i bet Taelia is her daughter, they will just find a way to work and forget the plotholes

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

And they are forcing her down our throats same way they did with Yrel - "oh I'm such a cute and unexperienced girl, but make no mistake, in a patch or three, I'm going to be a strong, independent woman character with a lot of relevance to the story plot for no other reason than to add another strong, independed woman character into it."

Her existance also means that Wrathion + Anduin will never happen, as our new exciting female character was surely tailored to be High King's Bae. Ok, I know Wranduin was never going to happen anyway, but at least I could have some hope, now it's all gone.
    while i agre with you in the first part, she even, despite her age, is better in combat than any other trainer - insert wold big mans who fight for years -

the wranduin had zero hopes from the start

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    There are multiple glaring holes in the theory that the mother is Calia. For one how did Calia not hear about Bolvar when she was in Stormwind? His role was not kept secret. He was the leader of the city for multiple years, was a famous military command and (to the laymen) the biggest casualty of the war against the Lich King on the Alliance's side. Furthermore, Calia says her husband was a footman from Lordaeron, not a Knight (and later Regent Lord) from Stormwind. Also why would Calia arbitrarily lie about Bolvar to Anduin's face?
    Isnt it possible that Bolvar reached knighthood when he came to Stormwind and before that was a footman?

It also reads like really horrible fan fiction where every character needs to be related or revealed to be related wayyyyyyyy after the fact completely hamfistedly.
    To me its an opportunity to put a human on the throne of Lordaeron again. Also i dont get this hate for Taelia, i played a good chunk of Kul Tiras at this point and i honestly dont get it.

Serves no purpose other than for people to go, 'wow dat was cool.' The fact that she's related to even Bolvar is stupid and clearly just a set up to give Anduin a noble bride. She couldn't have just been a badass lady who helps you literally save all of Kul Tiras, nope. She also has to be Bolvar's daughter.

Im still shipping Anduin and Jaina. I mean she's a mage so age is pretty much irrelevant on her part. Also we have been going GoT this expac already so i wouldnt be suprised.

Because Warcraft is now full shonen mode. Which means its going to end up being true. Why can't we just have cool new characters who don't have to be hamfistedly buoyed on the back of existing lore characters from the past?
    Flynn Fairwind?

btw i love your channel

Hey more insightful than your post, Sport... Maybe you should stick to Mario. Kids games are nice and easy to understand. Run along now.
    I cannot divest myself of my faith in my Volk.

Isnt it possible that Bolvar reached knighthood when he came to Stormwind and before that was a footman?
    Why would a random Footman suddenly be given a Knighthood and, later, become the REGENT LORD without Varian knowing about his wife that he supposedly lost? They were good friends. Why did Bolvar talk to child Anduin about his daughter but randomly not his wife?

There has to be so many arbitrary things that line exactly up for it to make sense. And, again, that just seems like bad writing to me.

To me its an opportunity to put a human on the throne of Lordaeron again. Also i dont get this hate for Taelia, i played a good chunk of Kul Tiras at this point and i honestly dont get it.
    I dont hate Taelia. I hate that the way they're giving her story importance is not because she's a cool character (Which she is), its because they're hamfisting a backstory onto her. Her importance isn't her own agency. Its because she's the child of a famous person. And that's pretty poor storytelling. Its the difference between being told a character is important and experiencing why they're important throughout the story. Taelia has no character arc. She's a cool person and helps you save Kul Tiras. That's it. And then you find out she's Bolvar's daughter, and that doesn't really even do anything to the story. She's a flatline.

Obviously she's going to be important going forward but when you introduce a character and you spend an ENORMOUS amount of time with them only for them to remain exactly the same at the end, its just kind of unsatisfying. As in why did the story stick me with this person for so incredibly long only for them to not change or evolve or anything?

They could have had ANY number of mini arcs she went through. Maybe she idolized the Ashvane Company and we see her come to terms with Pricilla being a villain? Maybe she actually hated Jaina as well and instead we see her learn that Jaina is just a flawed human with guilt. What if Cyrus died at some point and we experience her arc of the grieving process and trying to avenge his death? ANYTHING?

Instead it's immediately, "Hi, I'm the good character who will help you save Kul Tiras"" from the literal first quest in the game. And she doesn't change a bit and then at the very end, after being told how awesome she is by Katherine Proudmoore, she tells you that she's related to an incredibly important established lore character and the story just stops. Give me some kind of flaw or quirk or anything that makes what the character says and/or does more than just a morally good RPG stereotype.

Im still shipping Anduin and Jaina. I mean she's a mage so age is pretty much irrelevant on her part. Also we have been going GoT this expac already so i wouldnt be suprised.
    Jaina is an Aunt to Anduin, nothing more.

Flynn Fairwind?

btw i love your channel
    Flynn is okay but doesn't have nearly as much screentime as Taelia or Princess Talanji or any of the new characters.

Also thanks
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-08-16 at 11:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Jaina is an Aunt to Anduin, nothing more.
    Didnt stop the Targaryens ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Calia lost her claim the moment Sylvanas kills her (I believe undead don't counts). The only one who have any legit claim is her lost daughter. I don't think its Taelia. Would be great if its Vanessa Vancleef (I not sure when attack on Southshore described in book happens. If its not Cataclysm when Forsaken blight the area then Vanessa fits perfectly).

On fun side I will laugh my ass out if its ends up Anduin being Arthas' son and Taelia bastard daughter of Varian. Imagine the shitstrom it will cause.

Quote Originally Posted by SamwiseGG View Post
    So it has been pretty much confirmed that Taelia is the daughter of Bolvar. Now I have read/heard about this
    C + B = T theory and it seems really fair. C in this scenario obviously being Calia and she is no longer part of the equation being undead.
    "Legit" heir of lordaeron is whoever sylvanas chooses regardless of if you like her or not, she took it by right of conquest and she can declare her heir. In fact she took it from Arthas, the former ruler of the kingdom who also declared the kingdom "fallen" so thats .. double jeopardy I guess for the menethil line?

If the king fucks up the kingdom, the next in line doesn't get to say .. "ehm it was going to be my turn next, can we get a do over?"

p.s - if it turns out alliance gets to hold the whole territory permanetly by the end of BFA, it would become part of the kingdom of stormwind unless anduin decides to designate a ruler there so still being from menethil line means jack shit.
    Last edited by faithbane; 2018-08-16 at 01:44 PM.

It's going to be Taelia. Complete with the fact that she's also voiced by a GoT actress because this garbage company is so creatively bankrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    Guess the Horde is the right side if you don't appreciate and understand humor and the finer things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

I hate the alliance because they make them so boring and adding Taelia to the mix certainly doesn’t help.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SamwiseGG View Post
    Because the familiar connection was hamfisted and I don't care for her personality. She has very little tact or charm. She brute forces her way through most situations instead of using wits and at one point even encourages you to beat up random guards just doing their job instead of looking for another route. This is on top of the fact she's practically flawless. The worst thing of all is in Stormsong where she fucking modifies a harvester into being a killing machine. instead of sending you to find someone who can do that for you, she had to be fucking Rey. A fucking like 18 year old prodigy at fixing and modifying shit she's barely touched on top of being an expert warrior. Even if it wasn't for being related to Bolvar and the possibility she'll be shoved down our throats as our queen despite lacking the elegance, grace, and social manners a good queen requires(something that nu-Blizz probably considers toxic femininity) I'd still fucking hate her.

Lucille is a far better character because she can't instantly solve every problem on her own and uses her wits, charm, and cool head to unfuck Drustvar while still being matronly and vulnerable. She honestly reminds me of Ripley and Leia. You know, two actually good female
    characters. It's funny too because most people I've talked to that I consider a good judge of character also prefer Lucille.
    Last edited by Erbel; 2018-08-16 at 07:26 PM.