Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Eh, the community will never agree on anything. Different people have different tastes. I've seen a few of these threads online, but I suspect they're not the majority.

Personally speaking, the only expansions I really didn't enjoy was Cata and WoD. Wasn't too fond of TBC either but it wasn't terrible.

So far, while it isn't perfect, I'm really loving this expansion. As long as we don't have a massive content drought and the team doesn't do anything really stupid, should be a good expansion.

I liked panda land :3

I only truly enjoyed Vanilla and TBC. Pieces of WoTLK were good, but by then I had transitioned from raiding to only PVP and at that point expansions become pretty meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Wrath. Everyone loved Wrath. It made sense, it was beautiful, it was about Arthas, it was built up since WC3:TFT.
    Gotta agree with this man right here. Wrath was so good. TBC was awesome but simply because it was the first expansion. Everything about wrath i thought was awesome. If you dont believe me go play bfa in zandalar with the hazy crap ambience then fly over to ice crown citadel. You'll see what an amazing job blizzard did with the zones in wrath.

I loved every expansion for at least part of it, even WoD which had amazing quests while leveling up. I really enjoyed that part of it. Cataclysm introduced transmog and lfr, which were positives for me. My guild disbanded in Cataclysm, so if it weren't for lfr popping up I would have missed out on dragon soul. I'm sure BFA will have more that I love, it's just right now I don't love any of the horde leveling zones, so I'm kind of unsure about spending 2 years in them.

I played through WOTLK and I don't know why you say "even". Many people felt really "meh" about it.

But judging by private servers, people seem to really love first 3 parts of WOW. Everything past Cata (including) is pretty much hated to the point of people not playing on these realms (and there ARE good Cata/MoP realms).

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    You have to remember stuff like LFG only came out towards the end of Wrath..
    Leveling and instances being a boring faceroll and removing all fun in playing and making progression pointless was definitively from the very beginning.
    And catch-up gear making all previous content obsolete and reducing the game to "the latest raid" made a smashing return in 3.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    blizz dismantled the social community engine in late BC. the social communities that were built in vanilla and bc were still around in wrath but were wrll on their way to falling apart. By cata, those communities had vaporized and sub counts began their free fall. I quit for half of wrath because i could already see the communities falling apart. Wrath was the first garbage xpac, but it DID still have some semblance of community that had been built before wrath.
    Yeah, this.

Quote Originally Posted by G412M View Post
    LOL, someone who PLAYED TBC really said that TBC was shit exp? i dont think so, BRO. TBC was best expansion... it went to shit right after.
    Wotlk was all about ulduar which is design wise best raid ever but in the same patch blizzard also added faction and realm transfers which ruined all equally populated pvp realms. Naxx 2.0 and Malygos was way too easy and togc and ruby sanctum are imo worst raids in the game.
    How do people go through their lives with such an amazingly boring, canned and unoriginal opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I played through WOTLK and I don't know why you say "even". Many people felt really "meh" about it.

But judging by private servers, people seem to really love first 3 parts of WOW. Everything past Cata (including) is pretty much hated to the point of people not playing on these realms (and there ARE good Cata/MoP realms).
    As said above, WotLK was the turning point between "Old WoW" and "New WoW". Wrath dismantled "Old WoW", removing everything that made it the game it was, but it started from a position where enough from said old game was still there to somehow count as half being "old WoW". Also, Cata was the revamp of the old world, which was anathema for many and really ruined the "world" aspect to replace it with "theme park attraction" (I know WoW is pretty much a theme park game, but Cata revamp completely broke the suspension of disbelief).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviaton View Post
    I can't remember much outcry when TBC was launched but I didn't frequent forums then, think there was quite a few people complaining 40-mans were scrapped. WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion, and BfA have all had masses of complaints. Legion and WotLK are the only two expansions I can remember the happy people seemingly outnumbering the angry people when they were current. I think it's too early to judge on BfA yet. In-game, however, I rarely hear bad things being said about the current expansion.
    In TBC, people were bitching about the draenei/eredar retcon, the Naaru a.k.a. "windchimes" and sci-fi feel, the numerous attunements to get into raids, the numerous rep grinds, horde paladins and alliance shamans, and why oh why did the Horde get the Blood Elves while they should have got Ogres instead. Oh and Kael'thas "Just a setback" Sunstrider... TBC was not bad and it did improve on Vanilla, but placing it at the height of WoW is a bit much, and probably the result of nostalgia. It did one thing right though: the final patch was very well done and was in fact a bit of a surprise. People thought Illidan would be the final boss, but nope! It was really Kil'jaeden. The reigniting of the Sunwell was a good closure to both Blood Elves and Draenei. But in the end, like most expansion, people got tired of running Sunwell Plateau over and over again and started, as always, to complain how the last expansion was bad...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Sure. Off the top of my head most people loved BC, Wrath, Legion and later stage Mists (around throne of thunder). Wod was very popular for a few weeks then people hit 100 and realized they didn't have anything to do. Cata... eh... not really.

As for this one... its definitely pretty but feels like end game content is WoD sparse (coupled with overtuned mobs and no group finding addons which means going out into the world to built rep feels like a slog).

Most players actually enjoy the game in general, with some minor exceptions. For the last couple days I've hardly been reading the threads here so I forgot that there are players in this game who play it and whine so much. If you actually play the game and talk to people there, you will find out that they enjoy most of the content, unlike the vocal minority on this forum who whines about everything.

As for the topic itself...there is no we, I am an individual and I don't reallly subscribe to any "communities", and even if I did, mmo-c wouldn't be one of them. I played Wrath, Cata, Mop, Legion and now BfA. Out of those, I was less excited about Cata, but still enjoyed it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Wrath unconditionally.

I was also 15 at the time and probably white knighted for Blizzard.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    hello. So BfA is heer and everyone says it is WOD 2.0 its bad, its filler etc.(I am not saying its good and you are wrong). As for the comments I erad people say that TBC was shit and legion was better. some say legion was shit artifacts etc. People say wod was bad, cata was bad, mop was bad(fucking pandas), people even say bad to wotlk. Did we ever loved any of the expansions?
    I love Vanilla, TBC, WotlK, I liked MoP (was gone for most of it though playing Rift), and Legion was great but the theme just carried on to long and I am really just sick of space ships and demons at this point. BfA has been fun for me so far; still leveling but played a ton on beta. I think BfA is going to be a great expansion.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wrath and MoP. TBC was fun as well.
    /spit@Blizzard