Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Bullshit.
    I can play three day straight of Vanilla WoW and barely get started with leveling.
    I thought the OP said "exciting content". Not having to stop to drink every other mob and graveyard running from the only one graveyard in a zone every time you pull three mobs.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

This guy is the same dude who was making literally 4-5 topics a week bashing BFA and just spent basically all day every day playing it.

Stop feeding him and just hope he eventually get the help he needs IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Suramar as a high end zone plus legendaries as incentives to repeat content = Legion was different.
    War effort as the max level quest content (aka Suramar) and Azerite farming as incentives to repeat content = Legion and BfA is the same

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Rush what exactly? Questing through zones? I mean that's nice for the first and maybe the second time. That's it then. Island Expeditions are awful, Warfronts aren't better either. So what's left except Mythic+ (that still will be a huge motivator but smaller than in Legion).
    Ah yes, the good old "I don't like that content therefore it doesn't count" argument. The fact that the content is not to your liking is largely irrelevant.
    I hated the Legendary farm. Does that mean that we should disregard that "incentive to farm" also?
    Last edited by Lindon; 2018-08-17 at 07:16 PM.

>objectively more content than legion and past 3 expansions
    > people saying it is shy on content

Lol you guys are a riot.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Sadly, that is the best current Blizz devs can deliver. They do not want players playing hours every day... they want people to play for a couple hours a week and still pay $15 a month.

The game was much better off with a natural progression of leveling>normal dungeons>reputation rewards>heroic dungeons>raids. The linear path gave reason and reward for each piece of the game without "blocking" anyone from playing a lot or a little amount of time.

Now everything gives the same stuff.. .and when that happens, you do everything, raise iLevel, and are done until the next raid tier comes along and gives gear for tokens. People say "Oh.. you played 3 days straight!"

In BC and Wrath I played for years straight. And you never really felt like you were spinning your wheels... always progressing, always having fun. WoD was bad, but Legion and now BfA are terrible for actual replayability.

It truly is no longer an MMORPG... but a lobby game designed for people to play an hour or two a week.
    quoted for truth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    > people saying it is shy on content

Lol you guys are a riot.
    objectively wrong since wod had more content on leveling alone than bfa has now

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I haven't even had time to get to 111 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Sadly, that is the best current Blizz devs can deliver. They do not want players playing hours every day... they want people to play for a couple hours a week and still pay $15 a month.

The game was much better off with a natural progression of leveling>normal dungeons>reputation rewards>heroic dungeons>raids. The linear path gave reason and reward for each piece of the game without "blocking" anyone from playing a lot or a little amount of time.

Now everything gives the same stuff.. .and when that happens, you do everything, raise iLevel, and are done until the next raid tier comes along and gives gear for tokens. People say "Oh.. you played 3 days straight!"

In BC and Wrath I played for years straight. And you never really felt like you were spinning your wheels... always progressing, always having fun. WoD was bad, but Legion and now BfA are terrible for actual replayability.

It truly is no longer an MMORPG... but a lobby game designed for people to play an hour or two a week.
    Do you remember that rep rewards were gated behind dailies which...bum bum buuuuuuummmmm...took time to accrue enough rep to matter and were therefore...TIME GATED... (queue ominous music)

And I played in Wrath; 100% ran out of things to do between ToC & ICC and after ICC. Nothing to do, at all. I didn't even have the HOPE of titanforging. I raided just to raid with my friends, not because we needed gear, just to hang out. It's no different now except you can still get better gear through titanforging. Used to be you could get BIS for the tier and then there was NOTHING to advance your character. There was, objectively, less to do in game then. You didn't get tired of it or feel like you were spinning your wheels because you weren't jaded then.

Again, if this is you, that's fine, but find another game. Quit hanging around this one and bitching all the time (not super directed at you, but all the people who have "quit" or think BFA is the "worst expansion ever" - Just move on)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Excuse me? LOL
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Playing three days straight is going to take it out of anybody. 4 days later Im at 118 and chilling my way to 120 to avoid what you just described.

Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    objectively wrong since wod had more content on leveling alone than bfa has now
    lol

People are so mad at others having fun they are actually losing their minds.

im like, 9 hours in? and im level118

damn job and raiding a private server ruining my ilvl!

BFA's start is almost the same as every other, you have to wait for Raids and M+ to open.

Until then you do the usual Stuff like World Quests and some Gear farming, nothing else than literally ANY Expansion ever.

I would even rate the fun we have now higher, leveling was not bad and WQ clearing is also easy and fast.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2018-08-17 at 07:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    I've been playing 3 days straight and I'm at 340 ilvl, profs maxed out wq maps cleared out and I already burned myself out because there is nothing to do. Literally for the next half I should do the same mundane repetative thing that is so brain burning.

The leveling despite being short was great, quests were decent but still 90% kill this and collect this zones are absolutely beautiful, dungeons were one of the best for a few runs until it got really boring.

Overall the expansion fell short on delivering constant exciting content.

I think I just grown up and I can't really find joy doing the same thing for really little reward. Legion 2.0 basically.
    You have really also put the content burn of max +100. I have been playing about 9-10 hours every day since launch, doing my best to do stuff that would improve my character and just do what seems reasonable.... And i am not even close to what you are at.

That must mean that you have neatly set out a plan to be as fast as humanly possible within this expansion and because of that, i am not surprised you have burnt out all the content.... But is that not really what you were aiming for?

You sound like a person who wants to be as quick as possible, which means that you now have the excess to just relax and do actual fun stuff until raiding starts
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    lol

People are so mad at others having fun they are actually losing their minds.
    still waiting to know where's that huge amount of content bfa has that rivals legion, wod and mop at launch bud.

LOL. Next reset, i.e 1 week after launch all the good stuff starts opening up. First week has always been about levelling. Unless you're a <Method> type that's now working on their FOURTH(!!!!!!)* 120! Chill...relax....chuck on warmode. That'll liven things up.

*Yep, several are onto their fourth 120 - most are streaming it on Twitch...
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

I already burned myself out because there is nothing to do
    Lol no. You got burned because:

I've been playing 3 days straight and I'm at 340 ilvl, profs maxed out wq maps cleared out

That means you were hardcore playing if you are that far ahead and that is what burned you out. Blizzard didnt design the begining of this expansion for people like you obviously. There are many people still working in their ilev to be able to queue for random hc, and many more people working on their 120 lev.

Yours fault you decided to consume 2 weeks content in 3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing 3 days straight and I'm at 340 ilvl, profs maxed out wq maps cleared out and I already burned myself out because there is nothing to do. Literally for the next half I should do the same mundane repetative thing that is so brain burning.

The leveling despite being short was great, quests were decent but still 90% kill this and collect this zones are absolutely beautiful, dungeons were one of the best for a few runs until it got really boring.

Overall the expansion fell short on delivering constant exciting content.

I think I just grown up and I can't really find joy doing the same thing for really little reward. Legion 2.0 basically.
    Done all quests? Done all rares? Treasures? Exploring? Read the release notes? (Yes, there is a point to that). Started your war campaign? Dueling guild?

I mean, the main problem is you consumed it all faster than you wanted, and feel unable to keep yourself occupied till the release of the raids/pvp/m+
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please remind me what Legion had at launch that BFA doesn't? I honestly can't think of anything.

We're missing huge parts of the endgame right now: Mythic+, Warfronts, and raids which will come soon.

People are really going to say the expansion has no content? What the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Just quit playing, for real. If you don't enjoy it, don't do it. I don't know how in the world you would not have enjoyed Legion (taking that from your "Legion 2.0 basically" comment) but thought you would enjoy BFA. There's a lot to do, and the zones are beautiful. If you've played all the story and maxed out all your professions and run all the dungeons and are tired of it, it's not going to get better.

I enjoy gearing up, I enjoy raids, I enjoy looking forward to next week's reset and all the things I get to work on then. You don't. No shame in that.

But quit playing. Don't keep playing and then keep bitching that you don't enjoy it. Move on, do something else. If you don't then you're either 1) addicted, in which case you really need to quit for your mental health or 2) just trying to get attention by bitching.
    You can't say that, you are considering the biggest fanboy ever! This forum is really insane, I got even a message from a random user with bad stuff in it. Aweful.

Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    still waiting to know where's that huge amount of content bfa has that rivals legion, wod and mop at launch bud.
    What doesn't it have, bud? Copy/pasted questlines to go get another artifact? RNG legendaries that left you with half a class for an entire month if you didn't get the one that made your class whole? 5 days of 12-16 hour table mission so you could just use a second relic? An AP grind that was separate and lengthy for each spec making you literally unable to even try to play more than one?