Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem with WoD was mostly due to the lack of content. The leveling experience was praised and the garrisons were not a problem just yet.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The thing im curious about is from what time perspective are the complaints coming from. Are these people playing something like 12 + hours a day or they playing a smaller, more sensible amount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    BFA has some beautiful zones and cinematics, the main cities are awesome, the music is one of the best we had in wow so you feel really good for a few hours... And so on...
    Glad you enjoyed it so far!

Nowhere near WoD, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    The thing im curious about is from what time perspective are the complaints coming from. Are these people playing something like 12 + hours a day or they playing a smaller, more sensible amount.
    Most (if not all) I've seen are large amounts.

Burnt out and burning through content, terrible combination.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

My only gripes with this xpac so far are really just:

- GCD change still feels bad after 20+ hours into the xpac
    - Scaling/Tuning of world content seems really out of whack (can be fixed)
    - Class design in an overall weak state/poor initial class tuning (can be fixed)

Depending on who you are, these can be pretty massive gripes. I am personally enjoying BfA, but I really hope the gameplay issues are addressed ASAP or I can see myself burning out pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it so far!

Nowhere near WoD, though.

Most (if not all) I've seen are large amounts.

Burnt out and burning through content, terrible combination.
    So essentially they shot themselves in the foot and are bitching about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The biggest problem with WoD was mostly due to the lack of content. The leveling experience was praised and the garrisons were not a problem just yet.
    Exactly this. People enjoyed WoD until about ~2months out when people realized all there was to do was raid. I think BFA should be fine because at the very least they have a M+ dungeon system and WQ system that came over from Legion. If anyone remembers, the dungeons becoming useless in WoD was one of the biggest problems with it. No titanforging, no new dungeons, no valor points, all there was to do was heroic dungeons and they only ever gave iirc 630 ilevel gear - which was completely shit as after the first raid tier most people already had 640-650+ (i dont remember the exact numbers, but thats not my point).

For a casual player who liked PVE, all there was to do for you was Garrison missions and LFR - which dropped shitty looking gear, not even tier.Eventually they got Tanaan, but it was too late.

WoD from a story stand point wasn't bad on the micro level. The individual zone stories were pretty good. The zones and art were good. Lot's of people didn't buy into the overarching story. People who didn't read the books didn't know what happened between SoO and WoD. Also, time travel? Our timeline? Alternate timeline? Which Velen is this? Those were MASSIVE issues with the overall buy-in to the main story arc.

Then there was the Karabor, Shattrath and Bladespire Citadal issue. Huge massive cities that basically went unused because of the Garrison.

I don't see how it's possible for BFA to end up being worse than WoD unless Blizzard does something incredibly destructive. Right now BFA's weak points for me are gameplay / class design and the Azerite system. Both are boring. Everything else is solid. And as it stands now still much better than WoD.

WoD had a lack of content and the garrisons system which took away the point of playing a MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    New class

New race

Challenge mode

Scenarios

A lot more starting raids

More zones

(Pet battles)
    Yeah if you start to compare other expansions to BFA and WoD it starts to look grim for BFA to be in the same conversation with WoD.

To be honest I am not as confident that patch 8.1 will fix a lot of the issues that BFA has. The issues BFA has are very major (class design, GCD, etc).

Reward structure is easier to fix or to make Azerite armor more interesting. But Blizzard has become very complacent right now and that is why the reward structure in BFA is poor and the Azerite armor is almost superfluous.

I haven't really seen much negative feedback. If you are talking about the wow forums, i have some news for you.... That shit has been like that since vanilla. Seems like bullshit to me. Even this forum has become a place to cry about shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    New class

New race

Challenge mode

Scenarios

A lot more starting raids

More zones

(Pet battles)
    Most of those were not considered "decent" at the time. People hated pandas. People hated scenarios. People didn't like the zones because they were not medieval based. People hated pet battles.

Yup - sounds pretty similar to BfA feedback

I see more troll shitposts than I do actual “backlash”. I have had more fun in BfA, my friends too, than any previous expansion thus far. Maybe the way you play the game prevents you from enjoying it

The people who rush always whine a short time later. They get there before the masses, they get there before things unlock, and so on. In vanilla a few hardcore types chose to grind out level. Then they found there was very little end game content as some wasn't in, was buggy, or there was no one to talk about. Thankfully, as is the case most often, the vocal minority isn't necessarily indicative of the whole. The forums, either official or elsewhere, are made up of only a small percent of the community.

In this case, I think you're rushing to judgement. I think OP is just wanting to stir the pot a bit rather than give it a fair shake over the long term. Sure, first thoughts are relevant to you, I'd never say otherwise. But, that doesn't mean your perspective is accurate outside of your own wheelhouse.

wods criticism didn't start hitting till garrisons was maxed out and every was standing in their garrison trolling trade

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    wods criticism didn't start hitting till garrisons was maxed out and every was standing in their garrison trolling trade
    I thought it really kicked in with the SELFIE patch. Yikes! lol

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I've had fun during leveling. Beautiful zones, interesting stories, much needed freshness.

Then max level came.

Scaling is terrible - they definitely have some work to do with that.
    I dont think WQ rewards work properly either, cause they offer worse ilev than I have.
    Getting to 305 to unlock random hc is a pita if you dont want to spend thousands of gold on boe gear.
    And normal dungeons... oh man. In hope for some drops to get to 305 i farmed random dungeon queue. It was one of the most boring time ive spent in this game. Not only does it take too fucking long to kill anything, BfA instances are fucking FILLED with trash (motherlode I think is the worst offender). Its like dungeons during vanilla leveling in 7.3.5, only 2x worse. After each dungeon I felt like drinking a cup of coffee or just taking a nap, i was so tired. I might be biased, cause i was on a long no-loot-streak (8 random dungeons with 0 loot, as a dps with 20 min queue time).

I believe it will get better with gear, but its honestly one of the worst max level entry content there has been in a long time. They need to work on it.

Also feels bad to get azerite armor you cant fully unlock because you dont have enought artifact level. And moving around drustvar as a horde is fucking terrible.
    Yeah Motherlode is just awful, and yes Drustvar as Horde is just insane, so many 120 elites, even when you go there to establish your base!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

When mythic+ season one starts, everything might change. The best thing to do right now is to lvl alts because BFA has the best leveling zones wow ever had. MoP was actually fun to level too.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Leveling in WoD was solid. Not only did they add chests all over that gave items, toys, junk-for-gold, and loads of XP, but they introduced the 'bonus objectives' as little side things completionists could do for a little extra bump.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor did have a ton of negative feedback, just not right away. They liked the new stuff but became bored of garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Exactly this. People enjoyed WoD until about ~2months out when people realized all there was to do was raid. I think BFA should be fine because at the very least they have a M+ dungeon system and WQ system that came over from Legion. If anyone remembers, the dungeons becoming useless in WoD was one of the biggest problems with it. No titanforging, no new dungeons, no valor points, all there was to do was heroic dungeons and they only ever gave iirc 630 ilevel gear - which was completely shit as after the first raid tier most people already had 640-650+ (i dont remember the exact numbers, but thats not my point).

For a casual player who liked PVE, all there was to do for you was Garrison missions and LFR - which dropped shitty looking gear, not even tier.Eventually they got Tanaan, but it was too late.

WoD from a story stand point wasn't bad on the micro level. The individual zone stories were pretty good. The zones and art were good. Lot's of people didn't buy into the overarching story. People who didn't read the books didn't know what happened between SoO and WoD. Also, time travel? Our timeline? Alternate timeline? Which Velen is this? Those were MASSIVE issues with the overall buy-in to the main story arc.

Then there was the Karabor, Shattrath and Bladespire Citadal issue. Huge massive cities that basically went unused because of the Garrison.

I don't see how it's possible for BFA to end up being worse than WoD unless Blizzard does something incredibly destructive. Right now BFA's weak points for me are gameplay / class design and the Azerite system. Both are boring. Everything else is solid. And as it stands now still much better than WoD.
    Pretty much, although I disagree on the gameplay front, but it does vary from class to class. I think what most people are missing is a shiny toy, with legion we had DH, we had M+, artifacts... We are using plenty of the legion systems, but we already know them, and we have nothing really new. I think that is why people excitement are a bit dulled, but at the end of BFA I think we will enjoy it while saying it's a little worst than legion.

But hey, that is just my opinion, who knows what might happen.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You didn't play WoD.

There's a lot of backlash, but it's nowhere near as bad.
    Too soon to say it, it could be. Who knows? People were super hyped about WoD if you remember

I'm not even at the level cap, and I'm finding the game to be a huge drag. The questing and lore feels so weak compared to Legion, although the zones and music are beautiful. I only resubbed (for the first time in 4 years) a few months ago and much more enjoyed the Legion leveling process, artifacts, and storyline.

Will wait until I've been at the cap for a few weeks before I make a final call, but I can't see myself resubbing come October.

FWIW, WoD was relatively well received at first and only after the first month or two did people get tired of nothing but garrisons.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. The first 1-2 months was actually quite fun. Only after everyone realized they'd have to run the garrisons non-stop on alts, and that garrisons WERE the end game did resentment sink in. A small number of unmemorable dungeons didn't help either.