Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Chore. MoP scenarios were better.

i've only done 2 so far. one was alright, the other was a pain in my ass. I haven't done a pvp one yet, but that's where i'll probably find the fun.
    Working on my next ban.

they feel exactly like scenario in pandaria, boring auto pilot quest.

They could be maybe ok, if it was possible to win of this bullshit expeditons. I have done some on normal and one on HC (vs. PVE mobs), and man, we got our arses kicked, every time. The HC one we lost 9k - 5k, we tried to kill one of the enemies once - 0 chance. Apparently they cheat when gathering azerite, so this is just not fair - and thus no fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    They could be maybe ok, if it was possible to win of this bullshit expeditons. I have done some on normal and one on HC (vs. PVE mobs), and man, we got our arses kicked, every time. The HC one we lost 9k - 5k, we tried to kill one of the enemies once - 0 chance. Apparently they cheat when gathering azerite, so this is just not fair - and thus no fun.
    cleared a mythic one today, definitly possible but very challenging

Anyone surprised that they're disappointing?

Its not like a beta test could've solved this. Oh wait...

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah the are awesome. I just wanna ask question how many expeditions I have to do to unlock research in honor bound. I’m already capped and they still require me to do five?

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve done a few, only 1 mythic so far, on the first night of release. We were getting absolutely annihilated, 3k behind, even after wiping the enemy team twice.

We then came up with a new strat, that worked perfectly. Our tank, a blood dk, engaged the enemy team solo, and kited them for the rest of the game. They literally just chased him round, collecting zero Azerite. Apparently “intelligent AI” doesn’t register this as being a mistake. Myself and our rogue then had the island to ourselves, and the enemy team was stuck on 9k azerite for the next 5-10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post

How do you guys feel? Do you find Island Expeditions fun?

I think there's potential, but it's little more than a scenario to me. It's going to get boring real quick unless I'm missing something. I will say the AI is on point, it almost feels like real people on Mythic. I've completed one on normal, a couple on heroic, and a couple on Mythic for my frame of reference.

It's also far too easy to cheese. I won't say how, but it's easy to figure out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grind grind grind grind grind your ass off. And you do this with 2 anti social people who have no idea how to even say hello at the start..
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I find them fun and refreshing. healing normal one on my druid and got 325 ilvl 1h mace

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes I do. I enjoy fighting Sneaky Pete's crew because they're hyper agressive and like to push into us. There was also one where the troll crew parked their ship right next to ours and it was utter chaos. We lost that one because of a small mistake.

Deleted
    incredibly boring and repetitive, underwhelming rewards. They also finally made me download an addon to disable those big talking NPC heads

It just feel like a really long and boring fill the bar quest i have done them both on normal heroic and mythic.
    Only real difference is that they take a bit longer and things do some what more damage.
    Which can be a bit of a pain if you don't have a tank or a pet that can tank.

And the so called advanced AI is just the same AI they used for pvp bosses in the past they pretty much ignore all threat and they run around and jump a bit.
    Its really nothing special i have no idea why they where so exited and hyped about it. Hell sometimes they bug out and fail to leave the boat.

Its going to get really boring really quickly im already getting sick of it.
    I wish i could just gain my AP threw normal means of content im doing anyway.
    Instead of having to do some random ass 3 man fill the bar quest to level up my neck i was sick of AP in legion.
    And this is even worse as i have to go out of my way to get from something i would not normally do Aka dungeons / raids.

I would not mind it if it was like a side thing you could do for like tmog pets mounts etc.
    Last edited by RaZz0r; 2018-08-18 at 12:53 AM.

Lost interest in them in beta after like ~3 bth.

They are incredibly boring and tedious. Whats fun about aoeing mobs (that don't even drop anything) for 10 minutes? For a ridiculous small amount af AP (except the weekly obviously) and no other reward except some coins I got in my 7 expeditions.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dropped that shit after first game against bots. They are challenging to say the least (we barely won), but the gameplay and rewards are meh. We literally spent 20 minutes killing mobs with shitass azerite reward in the end. What a joke.

They're fun... but the reward (ap) is kinda meh

The dubloons/coins should be used to buy the mounts/pets/etc, rather than having them be random. Would give me more incentive to do them, rather than rush to finish weekly, then if absolutely nothing else to do, run them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has potential to be fun, but it's really ruined when you're playing with random people who cannot comprehend simple objectives and continuously get kited by fucking AI NPCs... My very first IE was a miserable experience, because I got grouped with probably the 2 dumbest players in the whole game. They both died like 7 times each to the AI, and we lost by 500 points.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK