Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Vol'jin was objectively a failure. That's part of why I am enjoying this, even if I don't care for Sylvanas. He literally died for nothing, his mark on the Horde is gone.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of you enjoying a character who was a frequent insubordinate and sailed halfway across the world to appoint himself a check on his superior.
    He had no mark because the writers just killed him off for no fucking reason. I can only assume they found it so fucking hard to write a believable conflict that they just chose to make one side evil, again. They even then added the fucking troll homeland the expasion after?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2...e-alliance-wow

"the horde is evil and honorable"

at least they no longer lie with "morally gray"

the fight against garrosh did not mean anything

As a player of the horde I feel betrayed.
    they never said the horde would be morally grey, the qoute is "Azeroth is a land of morally grey choices"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I have never in my life seen more people use the word "Objectively" wrong in my entire life. Are all of you middle-school dropouts? That must be the case since it seems none of you could actually muster the brain cells to actually read the article.

What has the horde done that was evil?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I cant believe they are actually doing this, for the love of god, I dont want to fight another pointless war that will end in the defeat of the horde because the alliance cant do anything bad why grey and good characters are throwed to be fodder for raid or just fuck the situation(look at whaty they have done to Thrall and now Sylvanas went from the lesser evil to...well you know) who the hell is writing this?

the horde already had an identity when voljin said "the horde is a family" we all agreed with that and we had a good warchief, now we have this parody of garrosh 2.0
    Yeah I don't understand this direction. I don't think it is interesting but very formulaic.

Deleted
    "Give a chance for the Horde to look inward and maybe become something new, something stronger than it ever was before."

"To get to the future of the Horde, we have to face the Horde’s past, and face it in a very real and tangible way.”

They said the exact same thing in MoP and WoD as well. For 5 years they've been rehashing a concept that nobody liked in the first place. I'm honestly perplexed as to why they are so fixated on this despite all the criticism they've been getting from the players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodin View Post
    "Give a chance for the Horde to look inward and maybe become something new, something stronger than it ever was before."

"To get to the future of the Horde, we have to face the Horde’s past, and face it in a very real and tangible way.”

They said the exact same thing in MoP and WoD as well. For 5 years they've been rehashing a concept that nobody liked in the first place. I'm honestly perplexed as to why they are so fixated on this despite all the criticism they've been getting from the players.
    Yea, I wish we could go back to kill a "main villain" then getting this type of useless boring storyline.

The whole "it won't end up how you thinking it will be" makes me think that is indeed going to end as Garrosh 2.0

In 16 years there was literally no surprises and now all of sudden there would be? Did they hire George R Martin or something to suddenly everything change?. Look I love the lore and the Warcraft franchise, but this whole Sylvanas thing I don't see any other way of it ending... It's either Garrosh 2.0 or Corruption as usual by an Old God.

But sure surprise me Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Yea, I wish we could go back to kill a "main villain" then getting this type of useless boring storyline.

The whole "it won't end up how you thinking it will be" makes me think that is indeed going to end as Garrosh 2.0

In 16 years there was literally no surprises and now all of sudden there would be? Did they hire George R Martin or something to suddenly everything change?. Look I love the lore and the Warcraft franchise, but this whole Sylvanas thing I don't see any other way of it ending... It's either Garrosh 2.0 or Corruption as usual by an Old God.

But sure surprise me Blizz.
    You forgot the possibility of Sylvanas ending like Grom in WoD, everybody forgets what's shes done and she is hailed as a hero of Azeroth, with Night Elves claiming that they're finally free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    You forgot the possibility of Sylvanas ending like Grom in WoD, everybody forgets what's shes done and she is hailed as a hero of Azeroth, with Night Elves claiming that they're finally free.
    That sounds like the "unsub" option from my Night Elves friends.

Sure love that there were multiple paragraphs about the Horde's story while the Alliance gets what...2 sentences?

Horde players bitching about them repeating a storyline but at least you're getting a storyline.

Looks like the Alliance is going to come along for the ride again because otherwise they'll not actually be doing anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Sure love that there were multiple paragraphs about the Horde's story while the Alliance gets what...2 sentences?

Horde players bitching about them repeating a storyline but at least you're getting a storyline.

Looks like the Alliance is going to come along for the ride again because otherwise they'll not actually be doing anything.
    Our storyline is gonna be the same as usual we "forgive them"... If I'd be the Night Elves I would start praying 24/7 for a nuke to hit Ogr at this point. It's stupid how 1 sided this expansion is becoming.

I do hope we get a lil bit of anything come 8.1/8.2 otherwise this is yet another evidence that the last 3 expacs have been about the "horde"

Oh the alliance will be riding along all right... Riding along on all the new horses they get from reputations.

7+ Year Old Account

Given how I absolutely hate the story going on with the Horde, I kinda wish I was playing on the Alliance.

Rather have little and okay story, instead of lots of god awful story. ;_:

Quote Originally Posted by Lodin View Post

because they are bad writers and do not know how to generate conflict without there being a villain

Deleted
    I hope they don't unite factions.

We got a shitty story that nobody likes where horde characters are going to die. I'm sure this shit will end with dead sylvanas in SoO 2.0
    I would have preferred a million times that the story focused on the alliance
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2018-08-18 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2...e-alliance-wow

"the horde is evil and honorable"

at least they no longer lie with "morally gray"

the fight against garrosh did not mean anything

As a player of the horde I feel betrayed.
    Thank you for providing a crisp, clear example of "I see what I want to see."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Thank you for providing a crisp, clear example of "I see what I want to see."
    in the interview minimizes SoO! now it turns out that civil war where supposedly fighting "for the soul of the horde" was not important.
    They return to discuss what is the identity of the horde when in MoP they told us that the horde is a family.

This is disgusting, they are retelling the same story but it is worse because we already know the end and to see the same again is a sign that they can not do anything other than generate conflict using the horde as a tool

10+ Year Old Account
    in the interview minimizes SoO! now it turns out that civil war where supposedly fighting "for the soul of the horde" was not important.
    They return to discuss what is the identity of the horde when in MoP they told us that the horde is a family.

This is disgusting, they are retelling the same story but it is worse because we already know the end and to see the same again is a sign that they can not do anything other than generate conflict using the horde as a tool
    And guess what, genius? Families fight. Families have conflict. Family isn't an automatic "I LOVE U GUYS DEM FEELS".

I don't know what MMO you've been playing? But in the one I've been playing Sylvanas has always been unhinged, she has always done terrible shit (Southshore, Gilneas ring any bells?) and the only reason, the only reason she has ever shown any restraint is because she answered to people like Garrosh.

Now she calls the shots. And accordingly, she's molding the horde into what she needs, which is a weapon against the alliance, against the living, against 'hope'. Does it suck for those of us who aren't all EFF THE <opposite faction>!! ? Yes, it does. But it isn't the same as what Garrosh did, it isn't for the same reasons, and it won't likely end the same way either.

So quit throwing hissy fits on forums like this one pretending you know where the story is going. Because you don't.

P.S. Its a video game. It isn't worth having a stroke over.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-08-18 at 02:18 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.