Thread: Game is stale

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do feel it's stale, I actually expected some form of hard progression, but it has been long lost from WoW I guess.
    I leveled trough 10 levels and my character feels the same, the story was good, but what I can do is still the same. Whats the point then, in fact it feels worse than in Legion. I guess I have to wait another 2 year then just before the next expansion prunes everything I can have fun.

Monk feels great. I play brewmaster and windwalker and have had no rotational issues. Brew felt squishy at fresh 120 but now that I'm 322 it feels sturdy (imagine that)! Story has me hooked. Zones are interesting and nice to look at (horde). I have no real complaints other than right now I have so much to do on my monk that I have no time to level my warlock that is my enchanting slave!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My brother did and he said it was dumb then and it is dumb now. Worse, you are limited to one loot per dungeon run so players are leaving early in BFA once they have a single piece of loot.
    That's not true at all, I got 3 pieces in a single mythic dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    That isn't true. I've seen people in mythics get two epics and others get none. I've ran multiple dungeons and haven't gotten a single piece, but occasionally I get two pieces.
    If game would give entire group 1 piece of gear players would quit after they would get their first item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    I've been playing since day 1 of WoW release and I do agree. Even though the expansion is very new, it feels so stale it's unreal. It feels like a new "season", not an expansion. Took me 3 days and I've already ran out of content until mythic+ opens (like 3+ weeks lol). This is ridiculous. I don't understand how a multi billion company like blizzard cannot create a better MMO with more content. I mean meaningful content for character progression.
    There cant be more content becouse game is way too acessible and easy. So everyone can rush trought content. There is no challenge in current content. And opening mythic raids and m+ wont change it. It is same content but harder. This game need serious challenging, grindy and exclusive character progression without easy mods what can everyone acess. This expansion will be here for 2y
    And players alresy finishes everthing what current game have to offer.

The trash is harder than some bosses in dungeons. I think that is fundamentally not right how some bosses can flop over but trash are harder to engage in BFA. Blizz needs to do some serious tuning because it is obvious they ignored the beta feedback on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Defensives and heals on GCD is making a lot of healers and tanks shy to even attempt group content at the moment. It seems Blizz needs to come back to reality on this.
    As a healer it took me by surprise that while doing trash I had to use my CD's to keep people up, and on the bosses typically didn't have to do anything much besides DPS as long as people didn't stand in stuff. The bosses are like the buffer between trash packs to let the CD's recharge. It's totally ass backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother did and he said it was dumb then and it is dumb now. Worse, you are limited to one loot per dungeon run so players are leaving early in BFA once they have a single piece of loot.
    Yes, no, I doubt that. I've looted multiple items from dungeons in BFA.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    This. I'm more or less enjoying Fury Warrior (though I miss Odyn's Fury or w/e the fiery slash was called), but Recklessness on GCD feels awful. I want to hit my burst button and immediately kick some ass, not hit my burst button, wait a whole second with nothing to do, and THEN hit Rampage. It's weird, but that second delay really messes with the flow and the Fury class fantasy of being, well, reckless. It slows down the gameplay in a way that just feels antithetical to Fury, which is meant to be an always moving, unstoppable meat grinder of a spec.
    Right?! Its so jarring. Every time i use recklessness it completely makes me lose my flow. It really doesn't mix well with the design and feel of fury game play.

I can't say for sure but maybe a .5 second gcd would be better. I'll even take a less powerful recklessness if it were off the gcd.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-08-18 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Yep, well these are all issues that were reported multiple times during beta - so nothing new.
    But as usual Blizzard never changes any designs based on beta feedback, they're very set in stone once we get to see them. There's only some minor tuning.
    So yeah.
    What? Beta is for testing? I thought Blizzard made it to give out beta access to streamers to promote their unfinished products.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, my class feels super weak right now. The time to kill seems much slower than it used to.
    Even at 330 it feels a little slow, but I'm enjoying the xpac so I'm not super focused on it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    What? Beta is for testing? I thought Blizzard made it to give out beta access to streamers to promote their unfinished products.
    Alpha is for testing, Beta is for word of mouth referrals.

BfA has come leaps and bounds since Alpha.

Ya I joined a group yesterday and after spending 15 minutes on trash before the first boss I just said fuck it and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, my class feels super weak right now. The time to kill seems much slower than it used to.
    Which class do you play?

Not sure how long I'll stick around in BfA ? I played Legion the entire 2 yrs, never left at all. But not feeling the same in this new expansion.

I am Level 113 on the Rogue, 112 on the Veng DH, and 111 on the Paladin. And just not feeling this expansion. The GCD and Haste issues on all my characters make the gameplay feel slowed down, and my characters feel like stuck in mud when going through their rotation. This more slower feel of your character is a bummer and a buzzkill. I understand at end of Legion we were mini gods, with full Artifact weapons and all the traits, and now in BfA we're just common soldiers now, and at the start of all new expansions we won't play like the Epic geared end of expansion. But...this feels different, like way worse than other launches as far as your character feeling broken almost.

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    -Azerite traits are just boring passives, nothing engaging about them at all. Netherlight crucible2.0

-Dungeons are tedious trash grinds. They could remove half the dungeon packs, and it would still be too much.

-Some classes feel super slow now. The shitty haste scaling, along with GCD changes. Something just doesn't feel right. WoW for me has always been great because of the fluid combat system. I was never big into the shiny graphics. I just wanted good gameplay, and a fluid combat system. And I don't think higher gear levels will bring that feeling back for me. I've gained 70 or so Item Levels since I've hitten 120, and only gained 3% haste. At this rate, the game is going to be slow for another 1.5 years!

Does anyone else feel these issues? My friend list was full again the first two days. Now I can't find anyone to run mythics with, other than pugging.
    The cooldown changes are baffling to me, and the only logical reason I can think of for them doing it stems from PvP. They wanted to lower health and time to kill, but they also wanted to lower burst. Easiest way for them to do that was to simply prevent players from rolling 3 cooldowns.

In any case, for classes like mine its really awful. Trying to extend Breath of Sindragosa with Empower Rune Weapon feels futile, as you have to wait after hitting ERW to use another runic power generating attack. The whole point of that combo is to keep Breath up for as long as possible, but the GCD changes make it detrimental, and therefore make the talent weaker as a whole.

Also I'm conditioned to having been stuck in unholy presence for most of the time it was a thing, so the sudden lack of speed on my attacks is jarring. A lot of times I feel like I'm just standing around watching the mob fight and do more than I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m content if not enjoying myself.

As a ret Paladin I’ve found use in tossing an off heal or dispel on my allies during my 4-5 second long down time.

Azerite gear is shite but not game destroying.

We’ll get more haste eventually.

Deleted
    This will be the worse expansion of wow.. mark my words.

It seems a lot of people are feeling the same way about BfA. I remember just two years ago I was surprised at how engaging and inviting Legion felt, even the first week launch, Legion had a really fun fresh feel to it and sucking me in to keep going.

But I don't feel that whatsoever with BfA, game feels tedious, and mainly my characters feel weak as fuck. I feel as if I'm like Level 90 or something, like way wimpier now. Well specifically my Rogue class I'm leveling, he feels like some wimpy emo pussy Kylo Ren that wishes he was Darth Vader. At least my Paladin and Demon Hunter still are strong mofo's and can take a beating no problem, and dish it out better. But the Rogue is a wimp getting destroyed easily by a 4 or 5 man mob. But the cool down issues and haste making the spell casting and rotations feel like I'm in quicksand, and always waiting twittleling my thumbs until I cast my next spell.

Did Blizzard not realize, the gameplay feel change on characters get when creating BfA ? And the the Haste and cool down stuff they changed, my rotations on all characters feel sluggish and slower, and don't have that smooth flowing feel to them. And I hear people that are Level 120 in i325+ gear saying it's still the same, the slowed down feel of your rotation is still there.

Is this something we need to wait for patch 8.1 to change ? Because right now I'm not happy with my three characters I'm leveling through BfA. They all feel off, like the fun factor was wiped away.

- - - Updated - - -

specifically my Rogue class I'm leveling, he feels like some wimpy emo pussy Kylo Ren that wishes he was Darth Vader. At least my Paladin and Demon Hunter still are strong mofo's and can take a beating no problem, and dish it out better. But the Rogue is a wimp getting destroyed easily by a 4 or 5 man mob. But the cool down issues and haste making the spell casting and rotations feel like I'm in quicksand, and always waiting twittleling my thumbs until I cast my next spell.

I like rotations that are fast flowing no waiting, but with my rogue I'll cast a spell and have to wait a second, could still be about half a second maybe one second until the next spell is ready it's okay, but feels off. I just want to click click click click click non-stop non-stop click next spell, and next spell, etc... but I can't attack, have to wait, then click click wait wait click. To me that's boring and makes me want to unsub.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2018-08-19 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    -Azerite traits are just boring passives, nothing engaging about them at all. Netherlight crucible2.0

-Dungeons are tedious trash grinds. They could remove half the dungeon packs, and it would still be too much.

-Some classes feel super slow now. The shitty haste scaling, along with GCD changes. Something just doesn't feel right. WoW for me has always been great because of the fluid combat system. I was never big into the shiny graphics. I just wanted good gameplay, and a fluid combat system. And I don't think higher gear levels will bring that feeling back for me. I've gained 70 or so Item Levels since I've hitten 120, and only gained 3% haste. At this rate, the game is going to be slow for another 1.5 years!

Does anyone else feel these issues? My friend list was full again the first two days. Now I can't find anyone to run mythics with, other than pugging.

You know you can just unsub, right? Instead of crying on a forum to people who couldn't care less if you played or not.

Bye.

I do like the low bonus on Azerite armor, simply because it makes it no longer mandatory to farm like stupid. In Legion if you didn't have your artifact abilities you wouldn't get a raid slot, because they were extremely powerful. In BfA if you don't have a specific tier, you are like 0.1% less useful, so no one cares.

The GCD change is really annoying, especially when it comes to important cooldowns. Not sure why this was changed, probably someone was smoking too much stuff at Blizzard HQ.

Haste reduction is something that had always been a problem in the first tier of any new expansion (where haste did exist). It hits some classes more than others, especially my Paladin often just stands there for 1-2 seconds without any button ready to be pressed. But that will solve as soon as the next gear tier hits the servers.

Dungeon farming is seriously annoying right now, but mostly because people - like always - completely forgot about the tools their character offers, because the last 14 month or so everything was simply solved by applying way too much DPS. And those island expeditions are even worse, when you need everyone to play at maximum efficiency, but in reality you are happy if ppl make it off the ship without tripping over their own feet.

But my biggest staleness factor right now is the knowledge that everything I can do right now to improve my character will be handed out to me for free in like 3-6 month effortless. Since I am not planning to do any progress raiding, I completely lack the urge to spend the time and pain to improve my char at all.

Spot on post. I love WoW but the character feel slow and stuck in mud, due to the changed Haste and cool down issues. It's a major buzzkill.

I want non stop casting, click spell, click next spell, click next spell, and another. With zero wait times, and then rinse and repeat, and throw on a proc every once awhile to click.

But now it's, click spell, wait a second, click next spell, go take a dump, then next spell is ready.

15+ Year Old Account
    The trash is harder than some bosses in dungeons. I think that is fundamentally not right how some bosses can flop over but trash are harder to engage in BFA. Blizz needs to do some serious tuning because it is obvious they ignored the beta feedback on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Defensives and heals on GCD is making a lot of healers and tanks shy to even attempt group content at the moment. It seems Blizz needs to come back to reality on this.
    I didn't experience this once. People may have been cautious the first time in a dungeon but after a few pulls everyone was pulling full trash packs. This includes Heroic and Mythic now.

Learning the game is hard and every dungeon is new so there's going to be a short learning window until everyone is comfortable since we're not unstoppable right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The cooldown changes are baffling to me, and the only logical reason I can think of for them doing it stems from PvP. They wanted to lower health and time to kill, but they also wanted to lower burst. Easiest way for them to do that was to simply prevent players from rolling 3 cooldowns.

In any case, for classes like mine its really awful. Trying to extend Breath of Sindragosa with Empower Rune Weapon feels futile, as you have to wait after hitting ERW to use another runic power generating attack. The whole point of that combo is to keep Breath up for as long as possible, but the GCD changes make it detrimental, and therefore make the talent weaker as a whole.

Also I'm conditioned to having been stuck in unholy presence for most of the time it was a thing, so the sudden lack of speed on my attacks is jarring. A lot of times I feel like I'm just standing around watching the mob fight and do more than I am.
    Everyone was just macroing cooldowns instead of thinking when to use them basically. Now you need to make decision when to use it more effectively.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222