Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh look, a dipshit on the other side of the argument who thinks his opinion is fact.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post

Blizzard knows they have these players who can, and will play hours on end and will consume the "content" in a very quick period. But they chose not to try to make content for them. Then you make a thread saying how their opinions on what is, and is not content, is wrong. How if they can and do play for large amounts of time and then say there is nothing to do, they are wrong. No they are not, and if an expansion runs out of content in less than a week for players who do play in this manner, that is bad game design and nobody should defend it.

See, this argument you make here is horribly flawed and misinformed. The game hasn't run out of content, in fact, technically this game has not ran out of content since it came into existence. The content is simply gated, and the type of content and how it is gated varies. The vast majority of people who play this game are aware of this. Whether that time-gate be lockouts, content being released in patches, or even future expansions. For a player to blaze through and force themselves to play this game for an extreme amount of time in a short amount of time and then be dissatisfied after playing 72hrs straight doesn't mean the game is designed poorly. I would say I'm glad it's made that way, and Blizzard has even said themselves they don't want this to be a norm because it would then give people who don't play 20 hours a day a significant disadvantage versus players who do. There are a bunch of stuff people can be doing such as farming rep, doing dungeons for fun? (whats fun? can't have fun, must grind mindlessly to 340ilvl and call it quits? /s) battlegrounds, world PvP, expeditions. I am willing to bet the amount of people who [ran out of content / feel like they aren't having fun or nothing to do] make up a very small fraction of the total amount of people who play this game. For Blizzard to design their game based on a tiny fraction of this playbase is just plain stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't judge an expansion after 3 days of its release, just because less than 1% of playerbase (read - teenagers who don't work and few adolescent nolifers) ran out of things to do.

The majority of WoW players today are adults, working approximately 7-8 hours a day. Tbh, these people are also the paying majority (sorry, teenagers, but you mostly don't pay your subs out of your own pocket). So, the game's pacing (gating, etc). is set considering this largest group of customers. Giving people 2-3 weeks to level their mains and alts, max professions, etc. before raids and Arena season are up, is a wise move. I totally agree with Blizzard on that one.

I'm 39 years old, have wife and kids. I work 8 hrs a day at average, and I've just hit 120 and got ilvl of 307 (took two days off work 14-15 Aug though). And I can tell that there is a TON of things yet to do, at least for me: Archaeology, Battle Pets, getting Reps to revered, maxing my Engineering and so on. I hope Ill manage to do all that in these 3 weeks we have before raiding and Arena starts. And here some of you say "out of content".

Clearly, some people don't have other things than gaming to worry about.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2018-08-18 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Literally my only complaint is that the Alliance zones are better than the Horde ones, and it is hard for me as a die hard Horde fan. But that's 100% subjective. Everything else in the expansion seems great. I'm excited to see the raid and warfronts when they open up, as I think they will be great too.
    Nazmir was amazing and the storyline in Zuldazar was awesome. Vol'dun was 80% side quests so it really pissed me off though.

It is just that the game is old and there is not much motive behind grinding dailies everyday, sure you get rewarded but its really small compared to what you have to daily.
    The level up/dungeon experience were one of the best ever created in WoW though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It is just that the game is old and there is not much motive behind grinding dailies everyday, sure you get rewarded but its really small compared to what you have to daily.
    The level up/dungeon experience were one of the best ever created in WoW though.
    What I do agree about is the rewards. Rares and WQs reward too small amount of Azerite. I'm on level 14 atm and kiling a rare spawn rewards less than 1% of the bar which displays how long is left to reach artifact level 15. They must double the Azerite rewards, at least from rare spawns and WQ, and do it ASAP. HoA progression is way way too slow.

Rares are a general problem needed to mention as a standalone issue, tbh. While there are a LOT of them, with some pulling up interesting fights (which is good!), the stuff which they are rewarding for players who hit 120 ... doesn't worth the trouble to mess with a rare, so low it is. I mentioned the laughably low Azerite income, but the bigger problem is the odd blue gear which a rare can sometimes drop. For level 120 players it is STILL ilvl 273... which is absolutely useless. However, the rares themselves are scaled to 120, ofc. and sometimes even to 122. So, why the reward gear isn't scaled at least to ilvl 300 accordingly?? Also must be hotfixed ASAP.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2018-08-18 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    See, this argument you make here is horribly flawed and misinformed. The game hasn't run out of content, in fact, technically this game has not ran out of content since it came into existence. The content is simply gated, and the type of content and how it is gated varies. The vast majority of people who play this game are aware of this. Whether that time-gate be lockouts, content being released in patches, or even future expansions. For a player to blaze through and force themselves to play this game for an extreme amount of time in a short amount of time and then be dissatisfied after playing 72hrs straight doesn't mean the game is designed poorly. I would say I'm glad it's made that way, and Blizzard has even said themselves they don't want this to be a norm because it would then give people who don't play 20 hours a day a significant disadvantage versus players who do. There are a bunch of stuff people can be doing such as farming rep, doing dungeons for fun? (whats fun? can't have fun, must grind mindlessly to 340ilvl and call it quits? /s) battlegrounds, world PvP, expeditions. I am willing to bet the amount of people who [ran out of content / feel like they aren't having fun or nothing to do] make up a very small fraction of the total amount of people who play this game. For Blizzard to design their game based on a tiny fraction of this playbase is just plain stupid.
    But this is an mmorpg, players who play more, or are better, should be rewarded. On top of that blizzard has this thing since ~wotlk where they make content irrelavant with a patch. Not an expansion, a patch. The raids that will open in september, will become obsolete the minute the next raid tier opens. I didn't say they should design the entire game around players who play a lot, but they should be considered in the designing of the game.

But this is an mmorpg, players who play more, or are better, should be rewarded. On top of that blizzard has this thing since ~wotlk where they make content irrelavant with a patch. Not an expansion, a patch. The raids that will open in september, will become obsolete the minute the next raid tier opens. I didn't say they should design the entire game around players who play a lot, but they should be considered in the designing of the game.
    This is where you make your own argument collapse by the first sentence. The pinnacle of WoW gamers: leading world guild raiders fills these days by leveling and gearing / profession capping alts - Creating and preparing themselves not just for the raids but too maximize alt runs themselves. You never hear the lead guilds really complain about the launch, they complain more about the Raids when they come since they are usually poorly tuned and have some mechanics which overlaps badly.

If the lords of this game that pours more time than anyone else into this game finds stuff to do and does not complain, then I don't see how you can WITHOUT openly admitting that you deny doing content for the sake of having something to cry over.

And an old raid tier becoming obsolete with the new one has been a thing since TBC thank you so much: I raided back then and after the buff to Kara loot - Guilds hardly ever looked back when the new raids opened.

And they do consider the elite of the elite and those who plays much: Again - Look at those who plays this game the MOST; they find things too do.

Again: just because you deny content by being close-minded; does not mean that the game actually has little content.

But they are rewarded, with Rep, with gold if they choose to farm stuff, they are rewarded by just playing and having fun. They can queue for dungeons all day, or queue for battlegrounds all day. They can level an alt of each class. Like literally, what do you want? Once raids and mythic + comes out people will be occupied for a long time. The content being gated is done this way for many reasons, mainly because Blizzard wants people to take their time and enjoy the leveling experience and everything a new expansion has to offer instead of mindlessly blowing through a bunch of stuff that the whole Blizzard team spent years to create.

Yes its an MMORPG, and no, that doesn't mean its required to have some sort of required endless grind feature that rewards people who wear diapers to not go to the bathroom and literally have an IV-bag connected to their veins to not eat food so they can literally play as much as possible in such a small amount of time. If that level of time invested was needed to be successful in this game then it would be a huge turn-off to the entire WoW community. When you compare the time investment required for this game compared to other games, it is already high. I know its an MMORPG, but its the most popular for a reason. You wanna be rewarded for endless grind? Go play some JRPG thats rewards endless grinding by not having a level cap. Honestly just go grind out your artifact power, just don't complain when they implement the catch-up mechanic later on. Oh, you don't like catch-up mechanics? How do you figure a way around that? Should they not add new raids with higher item level loot? I'm sure a "small indie company" that makes billions of dollars a year doesn't already employ a bunch of designers and developers to conjure up reasonable means of creating a game that is enjoyable for the vast majority of its players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    Did you get pathfinder yet?
    Pet battles?
    Archaeology?
    Maxed cooking?
    Maxed gathering/main prof?
    Feasts/pots/flasks/gems/enchants all raid ready?
    Full M+ geared?
    All treasures found?
    All exploration 100% done?
    All rares killed?

Do I really need to continue listing things?
    Open your damn achievement book if you get lost. There is plenty to do lol.
    1. Yes
    2. not relevant
    3. nor relevant
    4. yes
    5 yes
    6. waiting till raid release for drop in price
    7. no becouse there is lock out? All done btw
    8. yes
    9. yes
    10. yes

I think you dont get that most of this stuff are super easy to finish. Game is way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    It's not about me trying to tell others how they should perceive anything - It's about making those who gives the game un-just and un-constructive criticism understand that Blizzard can't run this game if they catered too the 2% pf people who lives and breathes the air of Azeroth.
    Your title blatantly says "Why you are in the wrong." Your delivery is not constructive. Also there is no "un-just" criticism as it's all opinion, but there is def un-contructive criticism which is also the direction yours has taken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    You can't judge an expansion after 3 days of its release, just because less than 1% of playerbase (read - teenagers who don't work and few adolescent nolifers) ran out of things to do.

The majority of WoW players today are adults, working approximately 7-8 hours a day. Tbh, these people are also the paying majority (sorry, teenagers, but you mostly don't pay your subs out of your own pocket). So, the game's pacing (gating, etc). is set considering this largest group of customers. Giving people 2-3 weeks to level their mains and alts, max professions, etc. before raids and Arena season are up, is a wise move. I totally agree with Blizzard on that one.

I'm 39 years old, have wife and kids. I work 8 hrs a day at average, and I've just hit 120 and got ilvl of 307 (took two days off work 14-15 Aug though). And I can tell that there is a TON of things yet to do, at least for me: Archaeology, Battle Pets, getting Reps to revered, maxing my Engineering and so on. I hope Ill manage to do all that in these 3 weeks we have before raiding and Arena starts. And here some of you say "out of content".

Clearly, some people don't have other things than gaming to worry about.
    They have. But you can ignore those things for couple of days and sped your time gaming. Like take time off work you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    Did you get pathfinder yet?
    Pet battles?
    Archaeology?
    Maxed cooking?
    Maxed gathering/main prof?
    Feasts/pots/flasks/gems/enchants all raid ready?
    Full M+ geared?
    All treasures found?
    All exploration 100% done?
    All rares killed?

Do I really need to continue listing things?
    Open your damn achievement book if you get lost. There is plenty to do lol.
    Lol you're really going to try and say pet battles, archaeology, exploration and all rares killed are progressing your character? This is dull filler content only for achievement hunters. Side stuff that has nothing to do with actually progressing your char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    It's not about me trying to tell others how they should perceive anything - It's about making those who gives the game un-just and un-constructive criticism understand that Blizzard can't run this game if they catered too the 2% pf people who lives and breathes the air of Azeroth.
    No they instead desing game for bottom 2% whay spend 1--2 hours gaming every day so rest like middle 96% have nothing to do.

Deleted
    Having lots of fun so far myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    No they instead desing game for bottom 2% whay spend 1--2 hours gaming every day so rest like middle 96% have nothing to do.
    If this is how you perceive things as being then the entirety of this game must have flown right over your head - It my be "sarcasm" but then again sarcasm does not exist on the internet. The bottom 2% are those who plays 2 hours every now and then* indeed but they always. ALWAYS have something to do, and if you legit do not understand that then this is all but a lost cause too you and I can see why you'd complain the way you do as clearly you are blinded from seeing how this game actually works and is built up.

The VAST majority of this games players - As I mentioned above: even the Elite of the Elite have lots of things too do now and will have til the raids open: and then they will have content enough to do after the raids open.

People who neglects content because they refuse to play more than 1 char before Raids open and whom then refuses too do anything else than LFR after the raids open are not in a position too speak of "lack of content" - If the content does not interest you: it does not mean that it's not there. Find a new game if this game is so horribly lacking in things that interest you if that's the case. And if you refuse that: then open up your eyes and realize that there is more to do than grind world quests and do some Heroics on one character each day.
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2018-08-19 at 07:22 AM.

My only gripe so far is allied races gated behind time gated reputation grinds. Something that was also in Legion. Grinding to unlock races is not anything WoW felt the need to do before Legion when it released new races, nor is it something I've seen in any other MMO similar to WoW. Nor does it make sense for many of the allied races now.

The dark irons play only a small role in the alliance war campaign. Getting exhalted with the 7th legion feels arbitrary as all hell, a grind for the sake of a grind. Same with having to get exalted with argussian reach for void elves or honorbound for mag'har. The rep grinds feel really arbitrary to me all around, just a means to make you keep playing longer, while I feel that in a MMO like this you should be able to just pick the race you want from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that the majority of people who post on this forum are negative nancies who will never be satiafied with anything. Probably people who are dissatisfied personally with themselves.

I personally think this expansion is great, it feels much better than Legion. The zone design, music, and aesthetic just feels like a breath of fresh air compared to Legion which was just green felfire and demon everywhere.
    The frequency of these threads being started by people with new accounts sounds like nothing more than shilling to me. I'm happy to see people complain who have a history on this forum, but they don't appear to be the ones making the bulk of the complaints. Starting to wonder who the actual puppet master is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragu4 View Post
    I'm not even max level yet lol. Saw Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson last night, fuggin great concert.
    Totally worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    My only gripe so far is allied races gated behind time gated reputation grinds. Something that was also in Legion. Grinding to unlock races is not anything WoW felt the need to do before Legion when it released new races, nor is it something I've seen in any other MMO similar to WoW. Nor does it make sense for many of the allied races now.

The dark irons play only a small role in the alliance war campaign. Getting exhalted with the 7th legion feels arbitrary as all hell, a grind for the sake of a grind. Same with having to get exalted with argussian reach for void elves or honorbound for mag'har. The rep grinds feel really arbitrary to me all around, just a means to make you keep playing longer, while I feel that in a MMO like this you should be able to just pick the race you want from the get go.
    Allied races never was and never will be something which is considered a core part of the game like the usual races or classes was.

Allied races from Legion was ment as a reward for those who played Legion and it is only natural that you would have to do something to gain them as again: they are a reward - Not a core feature. That it does not fit into WoW is something which is not entirely right as well: as we will NEVER get sliders or any real character customization options at all: Allied races was a good way to give those who plays the game a bit of a wider spectrum too character options.

My SO played barely nothing during Legion but even just doing the main story quests on Argus and the Emissaries every now and then across the time from Argus opening til about the BFA launch had her be able to attain all Allied races - So it's not like you need to pour any large scale amount of time and effort into it, like any other reward in a game it is gated behind content as it makes sense to do content to get content.

You don't see Mount or Mog farmers whiner over that they have to go back and do old raids for stuff: and considering all the RP that takes place in raids like ICC and Dragon Soul: it takes longer time to try and obtain those respective raids mounts than it takes you to do a bit of content each day too work your way too the Allied races: races that again is side-content ment for those who play the game - Not races that is considered a key part of the game + if you want them so much but can't be bothered too do a rep grind which is easier now than before thanks too 10 additional levels then you don't honestly have a say in anything.

The 7th Larion and Honorbound rep grind is something that too can just slowly be done over time. You don't NEED the Allied races ONCE They drop, on my main I have just done Table Missions and done a handfew of world quests in Kul'Tiras each day (Fur da Hord) and I am at 7.6K into Honored already - it's nothing which needs to be done AT ONCE and even taking it slowly will eventually reward you the allied races anyway as this expansion is here too stay for 2 more years.

In a MMO like WoW it's only right that when they add things as rewards for doing content: then everyone should need to do that content to obtain them - Allied races is one of the best rewards for this as well. Certainly cooler than any mount, mog or rep reward.
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2018-08-19 at 08:57 AM.