10+ Year Old Account

Sylvanas/Bwonsamdi connection?

Admittedly not much of a lore person, but I was thinking about Bwonsamdi today and his rising influence.

With him being the death loa, and Sylvanas all but hating life I started to think if it’s possible he was influencing her/guiding her in an effort to become the penultimate loa.

Am I in left field on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Actually Sylvanas loves life, she is cheating death and is trying to prevent her death at all cost.

The question is why she saw nothing when she died and did not get to the shadowlands.
    I guess Bwonsamdi can explain to her why Forsaken are not able to get to the shadowlands after death or why entrance is denied.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-08-19 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Admittedly not much of a lore person, but I was thinking about Bwonsamdi today and his rising influence.

With him being the death loa, and Sylvanas all but hating life I started to think if it’s possible he was influencing her/guiding her in an effort to become the penultimate loa.

Am I in left field on this?
    Bwonsamdi hates undeath. He might be somehow involved with Sylvanas, but I really doubt it.

Bwonsamdi loves the undeath as much as Garithos loves the elves and Garrosh the non-orcs, so him doing anything for her would be very unlikely from his part

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, thanks for the knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Any particular quotes that show bwonsamdi hates undeath?

Bwonsamdi is Vol'jin's homeboy. So yeah, it would make sense that is was he who whispered her name to Vol'jin.

it's going to be interesting to see how this goes forward. Bwonsamdi is now the main loa of the Zandalari, which means the trolls now have to worship him and use his blessings. With Bwonsamdi, crops with wither and not grow. The trolls would be turned into a death cult.

I doubt it would be just more respect for the dead, since the trolls are already more about that than most. I think it would be an empire more alike to the Forsaken in at least how they act. Even though Bwonsamdi hates undead, his and sylvanas' actions would be similar and that's to kill as many as possible(though their end goals are different, because Sylvanas wants to live forever and peace) I think we could actually see them make a pact. Sylvanas needs a deity on her side and Bwonsamdi and his master might get use out of her for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    pretty much all of them, he wants his souls, his tithe. But he is willing to wait for big ones.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

He makes a few statements in-game about undead creatures infesting the courtyard of his temple. Not sure if there are any others.

Whilte Bwonsamdi himself dabbles in necromancy, he summons spirits rather than animates skeletons/zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    Bwonsamdi is Vol'jin's homeboy. So yeah, it would make sense that is was he who whispered her name to Vol'jin.
    Maybe he is annoyed that Sylvanas keeps cheating death so he wants Voljin to bring her so he can take care of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in learning who is Bwosamdi's boss. Helya, maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    This. Cause although I struggle to find a decent set of dialogue to back up the fact he hates undead (hell for all we know he is the no1 candidate for advising voljin to get Sylvanas to lead) we end up with him saying that the boss not gonna be happy. And although trolls got a rather free use of the phrase da boss the question remains and is rather important.
    For all we got so far (from Legion onwards and early BfA we heading for undead content soon.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Maybe he is annoyed that Sylvanas keeps cheating death so he wants Voljin to bring her so he can take care of it.
    See Stroggylos's post he gets it. (See below) When the Three Sisters comic came out it pretty much confirmed Slyvanas is doing the bidding of a death god. It makes sense that Bwosamdi/Vol'jin, Helya/Sylvanas are linked.

This. Cause although I struggle to find a decent set of dialogue to back up the fact he hates undead (hell for all we know he is the no1 candidate for advising voljin to get Sylvanas to lead) we end up with him saying that the boss not gonna be happy. And although trolls got a rather free use of the phrase da boss the question remains and is rather important.
    For all we got so far (from Legion onwards and early BfA we heading for undead content soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Hardly.

At best, they're on the same level.
    Bwonsamdi collects souls of (mostly) trolls, whereas Helya focuses on Souls lost at sea and Vrykul.

Next to that, SP Artifact dagger implies that Helya isn't exactly the "force behind everything".

Helya and her cult are strong here. So close to the truth, yet so far.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    You just cracked this wide open!
    Sylvanas needed to die, but she couldn’t be simply killed. So smart old Bwonsamdi remembered how every Warcheif after Thrall has died a horrible death! So he made Vol’jin to promote Sylvanas to doom her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    You just cracked this wide open!
    Sylvanas needed to die, but she couldn’t be simply killed. So smart old Bwonsamdi remembered how every Warcheif after Thrall has died a horrible death! So he made Vol’jin to promote Sylvanas to doom her.
    All one of them?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by viridian-716 View Post
    See Stroggylos's post he gets it. (See below) When the Three Sisters comic came out it pretty much confirmed Slyvanas is doing the bidding of a death god. It makes sense that Bwosamdi/Vol'jin, Helya/Sylvanas are linked.
    The void always whisper all kind of things, in that same comic those whisper were telling her she deserves the throne of silvermoon and she could easily take it(which after we learn it was a trap to open a portal for a void ethereal prince) but I won't discard if she is being manipulated by some death god and the best part she hasn't realize that

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    All one of them?
    Four, if you count the original Horde, two if you don’t.