Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will We Get A Big Content Drought Between 8.0 and 8.1? BFA Another WoD?

Is anyone else worried about when they will reveal 8.1? In Legion, they revealed it at the Gamescon directly after launch. However; it looks like they won't be revealing any new content at Gamescom this year. Is anyone else worried they'll wait til Blizzcon to reveal 8.1? Worried that the raid after Azshara will be the final raid? Putting us into Warlords Territory? If they launch 8.1 in 2019, that's 5 months of no new content besides Uldir. A few months ago, they even said 8.1 released too soon.

What do you all think? Will 8.1 release at a reasonable time? Will it have as much content as 7.1? Will BFA have alot of content patches like Legion? Or will 8.2.5 be the last patch?

I doubt that they'll postpone all 8.1 news until Blizzcon, considering there are two major press events this month almost back to back (PAX West is next week where Ion is a keynote speaker). For all we know, the Warbringers after the cosplay event might have a secret reveal after it, or it may say "Stay tuned for PAX!"

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I doubt that they'll postpone all 8.1 news until Blizzcon, considering there are two major press events this month almost back to back (PAX West is next week where Ion is a keynote speaker). For all we know, the Warbringers after the cosplay event might have a secret reveal after it, or it may say "Stay tuned for PAX!"
    They could always show Warbringers at Gamescom and then show just the raid at PAX. I hope they atleast show 8.1. Otherwise, it would be concerning imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    They could always show Warbringers at Gamescom and then show just the raid at PAX. I hope they atleast show 8.1. Otherwise, it would be concerning imo.
    There's still a huge chunk of Zandalar story missing inbetween Uldir and whatever comes after the two islands. I think this will be told through an already datamined Zuldazar mini raid that most likely involves killing Rastakhan

There's a very spoilery cutscene from Zandalar that was found on Beta that seems to suggest this.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-08-20 at 07:25 PM.

I'd say if 8.1 isn't out around October 30th that it's taking too long, Blizzard proved with Legion that they're more than capable of delivering content at that rate. Though I wouldn't necessarily expect anything bigger than ToV in 8.1. Most likely, just a new dungeon, quests etc. I'd expect our second major raid in January with 8.1.5
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

They have said that patch 7.1 came "too soon" post Legion launch.

Expect to be massively disappointed.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will be very long. It's usually towards the second half of an expansion when it starts to take long to get more content.

Considering how much larger their team is now than the 80 people they had in WoD development, I think it is ok. There will be a minor patch before 8.1 which is what they will likely show at Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    I'd say if 8.1 isn't out around October 30th that it's taking too long, Blizzard proved with Legion that they're more than capable of delivering content at that rate. Though I wouldn't necessarily expect anything bigger than ToV in 8.1. Most likely, just a new dungeon, quests etc. I'd expect our second major raid in January with 8.1.5
    I sure hope not, only 2 months for Uldir? EN was too easy and finished too fast so they pushed TOV out of the door, but if Uldir is better tuned we really don't need another content patch so early. Especially since m+ seasonal affix is tied to Uldir so if season ends with the patch... it means something more important coming already that is after Uldir.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, everything is gated so carefully you won't even notice the content gap.

lets make speculation without any information at all.

what are you people even doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a frikkin' hugeass Azshara poster in that gaming conference now and Warbringers: Azshara is being shown at 23rd there. Guess what that means.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this literally two days before Gamescom? We will have both opening ceremony (I guess we may see Azshara warbringer there) and WoW panel (which they may use to promo BfA, but every time in past they used it to talk about not yet released content).

Perfect time for 8.1 is end of October. Releasing patch 11 weeks after launch would be good sign that BfA patch cycle will be like Legion, not WoD (with only 1 patch) or MoP (when they released all too quickly and we ended with 14 months drought).

With the Azshara video coming out Friday, that alone is is 8.1 news, since Blizz already said that she is the Guldan of BFA (mid-tier antagonist).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What's the point of this literally two days before Gamescom? We will have both opening ceremony (I guess we may see Azshara warbringer there) and WoW panel (which they may use to promo BfA, but every time in past they used it to talk about not yet released content).
    The front page post from Blizz says after the cosplay event that starts at 1815 CEDT on 8/24. So expect it to drop online at 1915 that day.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    The front page post from Blizz says after the cosplay event that starts at 1815 CEDT on 8/24. So expect it to drop online at 1915 that day.
    Huh? Blizz panels are on 8/22, Opening Ceremony 10:30 (1 hour), WoW panel 12:30 (45 minutes) - all times in CEST.

EDIT: I just saw confirmation that Warbringer will be after cosplay event. It's really strange, it would fit better to opening ceremony or main panel.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great to see I was right that people would lose their minds if 8.1 wasn't at Gamescom.

Give Uldir some room to breathe. Nighthold and Trial of Valor got rushed out too soon and Emerald Nightmare never got the chance to be anything more than a filler footnote on the road to Gul'dan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Lets just see what happens at Gamescom. There is no way in hell they'd put Aszhara on the official cover AND hype up the last warbringer without actually talking about Aszhara. Seems like that would be so much wasted potential. When else would they talk about it? Ion is only at PAX West for a "Storytime" panel, seems unlikely that he'd make an annoucement there. The Only option left would be the Q&A on the 23rd, but why wouldn't they just announce it at a much bigger audience at Gamescom litterally the day before? And it seems unlikely that 8.1 would be post-Blizzcon, I'd be very disappointed if that was the case and wouldn't make much sense since they stated that they'd be following the Legion model for BFA patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Great to see I was right that people would lose their minds if 8.1 wasn't at Gamescom.

Give Uldir some room to breathe. Nighthold and Trial of Valor got rushed out too soon and Emerald Nightmare never got the chance to be anything more than a filler footnote on the road to Gul'dan.
    Probably because Emerald Nightmare literally was filler that didn't even drop tier and it's difficulty was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Lets just see what happens at Gamescom. There is no way in hell they'd put Aszhara on the official cover AND hype up the last warbringer without actually talking about Aszhara. Seems like that would be so much wasted potential. When else would they talk about it? Ion is only at PAX West for a "Storytime" panel, seems unlikely that he'd make an annoucement there. The Only option left would be the Q&A on the 23rd, but why wouldn't they just announce it at a much bigger audience at Gamescom litterally the day before? And it seems unlikely that 8.1 would be post-Blizzcon, I'd be very disappointed if that was the case and wouldn't make much sense since they stated that they'd be following the Legion model for BFA patches.
    They did say that but they also said they believe 7.1 came out too early.

Why wouldn’t it come out in November? October is too little time, that’s 2 months of uldir. If uldir is tuned well there’s no reason to rush 8.1 like they did with 7.1.

They said they’ll follow legions content release model but 8.1 will come later than 7.1. They’ve said it 2 or 3 times now. I can’t really disagree with that either as long as Uldir isn’t a shit show.

unless we get another mini raid like ToV it's gonna be pretty dry for months unfortunately.

maybe we get a bwomsamdi minraid but I doubt it.