The Overwatch MMO-Champ page..

So I was pretty excited to learn Overwatch would be getting its own page on MMO-Champ, but lo and behold it's entirely abandoned only a few months in.

This site has a beautiful opportunity to be the authority for Overwatch news like how it is for WoW, yet the most recent post was a video embed with a single sentence of narrative from a month ago. I bear witness to a wonderful amount of content on the WoW front page with updates every few days, so in contrast the optics of this seems like no effort is being put in at all. Front page content exists considering in the last month there has been a new hero release and a holiday launch, yet it's crickets on the front page.

Either kill the space or maintain it to a less embarrassing standard, because right now I don't even have a reason to keep it bookmarked.

Yeah, sorry about that. We only had regular content scheduled for Overwatch League. I haven't been able to make the time to do regular coverage for Overwatch as well as WoW, along with my other responsibilities.

I'll see what we can do moving forward to do a better job there, but even when we had regular updates it just wasn't getting much traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that. We only had regular content scheduled for Overwatch League. I haven't been able to make the time to do regular coverage for Overwatch as well as WoW, along with my other responsibilities.

I'll see what we can do moving forward to do a better job there, but even when we had regular updates it just wasn't getting much traffic.
    Thanks for the response chaud, I totally get it if it's a bandwidth issue. To toss in my two cents for a content recommendation, I think coverage of upcoming seasonal events, new hero breakdowns, and patch notes highlighting changes would drive more traffic for those just looking for updates on the game. I don't think specifically OWL content casts a very large net in terms of interest since it's pretty agnostic from day-to-day gameplay for the average player.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account

I volunteer to run it for you

First post:

Overwatch is awesome. Play it.

And my work here is done.

Side note, thanks for MMO-C and everything connected to it!

I'll admit I can to mmochamp for wow but I'd love to see 'state of the game' for ow. More specfically, meta picks for the different ranks. Another would be contests for fan made stuff, like maps or hero's with a small prize.

All of these content suggestions are great, I just don't have anyone to do the content. I only play Overwatch casually and have all of the WoW parts of MMO-Champion on my plate, as well as other unrelated responsibilities. If anyone happens to come across this thread and would be interested in putting together news posts like that, feel free to PM me.

All of these content suggestions are great, I just don't have anyone to do the content. I only play Overwatch casually and have all of the WoW parts of MMO-Champion on my plate, as well as other unrelated responsibilities. If anyone happens to come across this thread and would be interested in putting together news posts like that, feel free to PM me.
    Perhaps it would make sense to make a post with this offer on the OW page for visibility. I'm sure there will be tons of interest

Yeah I had no idea that was all on one person's shoulders. You're doing a great job.