Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the scaling only happen in world content? I'm pretty sure the idea is for players to receive the full power boost in raids/dungeons or content where it can seem significant, but then have it scaled back for easier content where higher end gear can make the game completely trivial. The alternative would be introducing content where the mobs are much harder, but that runs the risk of making it only suitable for people who are already raiding and leaving out players who aren't so highly geared.
    It was not a problem in every expansion until mid of Legion, why is it a problem now?
    And world content is a significant part of the game, thanks to WQs.

Every bit of scaling is one bit too much.

The alternative is just to do it the same way as in previous expansions and just let players faceroll outdoor content, because in the end that is what they collected gear for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Do you guys really not feel like you're getting stronger as you're gearing up at 120? The difference between hitting 120 at 280 ilvl or whatever and 330+ is monumental.
    No they don't feel it,because the Problem is that wow community has no patience, they want everything handed to them RIGHT NOW.But they don't understand they are undergeared and everything will be harder!But in 2 months everyone and their grandma will be able to do big pulls.I'm certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It was not a problem in every expansion until mid of Legion, why is it a problem now?

The alternative is just to do it the same way as in previous expansions and just let players faceroll outdoor content, because in the end that is what they collected gear for.
    Just because something was they way it was for a long time does NOT make it less broken than it was.Scaling as far as i know for MMOs is still new.GW2 introduced it for 1st time in 2012 WoW adapted it with Legion.It fixes the issues with out gearing content to fast,making content absolute and one shotting mobs and people.Scaling is good for MMOs by making different levels able to play together and do stuff together.Right now 4 MMOs have it.I'm certain more will have the scaling.People should start adapting to it like GW2,SWTOR,ESO player base did.They are fine with it because it is doing its job well.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Won't work (as they want)
    That's the main issue really, the new Blizzard dev teams methodology is basically "make the game work as we want and beat the players into liking it" as opposed to the pre-WoD methodology of "make the game to work as the players want to play".

Can't argue with feels. I got better gear and now I FEEL weaker. Not stronger, not the same as before the new gear, but weaker.

It's not a game breaker, it just FEELS bad to get new gear and not take down an enemy as fast as you did before obtaining the new gear.

But, I guess I'll go sit on my "IT TAKES TIME TO GEAR, YOU'RE JUST USED TO LEGION!" chair where no one actually listens to the actual issue and instead they assume we want to one-shot everything.

It's just a game, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    Level scaling: good, prevents the problem old zones had of only going on a set route; though blizz didn't fix it enough for older expansions. No mid-range minimum level blizz!

ILvl scaling: die in a fire. Just... go die. Completely murdered any desire to do anything beyond getting rep. It's not worth it to get better gear if nothing gets easier as a result.

I get not wanting everything to be a one shot... but right now it is too many shot and we can't assuage that with "it'll get better with ilvl" because ilvl no longer matters outside gatekeeping.
    Before criticizing something, can you try to comprehend how it works?

Stuff will die quicker, but not as quick as if there was no scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Before criticizing something, can you try to comprehend how it works?

Stuff will die quicker, but not as quick as if there was no scaling.
    I doubt they even want to understand how something works.They just want their shinies RIGHT NOW!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why give me 320 gear when you scale mobs so that it actually only works like 310 gear? Why not give me 310 in the first place and dont scale?

Scaling is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game, right after sharding and phasing.
    So two features that are pretty great and one feature that's a non-issue are the worst things that ever happened to the game. Cool.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    I doubt they even want to understand how something works.They just want their shinies RIGHT NOW!
    See my above post.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like my mobs to stay challenging and enjoy the new scaling towards that goal. It makes even old content enjoyable if they'd just allow it to scale to your appropriate level instead of hitting a scaled level cap. Suppose I have to contend with feeling like a god in some places still.

It counters the catch-up-mechanics inevitably massive power-ups and the game sorely needed it imo.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

It was less of a problem prior to Legion because world content stayed relevant for less time. With world quests you can effectively grind that content endlessly, but that doesn't mean players - particularly raid-geared players - didn't find it a bit tiresome that end-game world content felt like you were fighting mobs far below your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    This happens literally every expansion and has nothing to do with scaling. It is caused by going from having raid tier 3 level gear at 110 to quest reward and dungeon gear at 120. Players that don’t raid at 110 will see a much smoother progression.
    Guess what...I don't raid. I think my ilvl was 220 or so. I do play a BM hunter which makes soloing easier, but seriously, I was blowing stuff up and now at 120, the same mobs are taking time. I used to crows and move on, now I have to watch when I crows or it doesn't come back right away.

I am not saying I don't want harder mobs, but honestly, I like the zones of 110-113, 114-118, 119-120 and then 120 zones with hard mobs. I know with WQ this isn't going to happen again...but maybe it will as how much WQ can we do until we want to puke? I did over 10k of them in Legion...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I like my mobs to stay challenging and enjoy the new scaling towards that goal. It makes even old content enjoyable if they'd just allow it to scale to your appropriate level instead of hitting a scaled level cap. Suppose I have to contend with feeling like a god in some places still.

It counters the catch-up-mechanics inevitably massive power-ups and the game sorely needed it imo.
    Yea i agree with you on 100%.I like the difficulty curve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    You seem to not understand that content now also scales with ITEMLEVEL. So getting better gear does NOTHING. Thát is the biggest problem. Level scaling is okish (I still hate it, but I understand it and accept it). Itemlevel scaling can go die in a fire.
    Lios@
    You clearly have no idea how the system works.It was that way since Argus.Stop talking bulshit.Just read what i will post now.
    Quote Originally Posted by deragot7 View Post
    World mobs have an ilvl cap that they scale to, it coincides with the cap on the rewards world quests provide. Once you are above that, you continue to scale and mobs stay at the cap.
    Some classes are doing better than others because plate gives more damage reduction to physical attacks so a plate class would feel it less pressure from the scaling.
    Themanintobuildafire@
    Don't panic my boy i got your back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    Guess what...I don't raid. I think my ilvl was 220 or so. I do play a BM hunter which makes soloing easier, but seriously, I was blowing stuff up and now at 120, the same mobs are taking time. I used to crows and move on, now I have to watch when I crows or it doesn't come back right away.

I am not saying I don't want harder mobs, but honestly, I like the zones of 110-113, 114-118, 119-120 and then 120 zones with hard mobs. I know with WQ this isn't going to happen again...but maybe it will as how much WQ can we do until we want to puke? I did over 10k of them in Legion...
    Me going from 290 ilvl to 320 ilvl sped up the deaths of mobs. I'd say that was me getting stronger. Might be wrong though, might just be that my character got scarier so mobs fainted quicker.

People hitting 340 ilvl being able to EASILY do Heroic dungeons seems to suggest they are getting stronger, but that must be DIFFERENT Heroics they are doing, can't be the same, no such thing as characters getting stronger.

Gear IS making a difference.This is just a simple L2P situation now.

Why give me 320 gear when you scale mobs so that it actually only works like 310 gear? Why not give me 310 in the first place and dont scale?

Scaling is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game, right after sharding and phasing.
    This, right there.
    Scaling is a retarded concept.

Deleted
    Lios@
    You clearly have no idea how the system works.It was that way since Argus.Stop talking bulshit.Just read what i will post now.
    So there is a cap to the scaling? First of all, that changes nothing for the first stretch and second of all, I won't reach that cap, because I don't raid. So I'll face tougher mobs all the time, while I should have gotten more powerful. Also, that it has been this way since Argus doesn't have anything to do with anything.

It's great that you want to get weaker as you level and gear up, but it's ludicrous and shouldn't happen. So what if we one shot shit at max level? If you want a challenge, go do (mythic) dungeons or raids!

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Your gear question is already answered once.Do you even bother reading what is posted?What are you using these eyes of yours for?But i will link you the most important part again.
    Seems to me you're the one not bothering to read, because what you answer has absolutely no relation to what he was asking. Maybe try to apply your advice before giving them ?

You can thank hyper ilvl inflation and Titanforging for this.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    So there is a cap to the scaling? First of all, that changes nothing for the first stretch and second of all, I won't reach that cap, because I don't raid. So I'll face tougher mobs all the time, while I should have gotten more powerful. Also, that it has been this way since Argus doesn't have anything to do with anything.

It's great that you want to get weaker as you level and gear up, but it's ludicrous and shouldn't happen. So what if we one shot shit at max level? If you want a challenge, go do (mythic) dungeons or raids!
    Ofcourse the cap changes everything.
    You don't need to raid for surpassing the cap.The cap is bound to the WQ ilvl max drop.So if you surpass it you are already above the curve.Or are you telling me you are so casual that you can't even do that?????Who is talking about high end raiding?Doing simple tasks questing,LFR,World bosses,Mythics add in the mix war/titan forging and you are set.It's that simple.
    Last edited by deragot7; 2018-08-21 at 09:16 AM.

Yea i agree with you on 100%.I like the difficulty curve.

- - - Updated - - -

Lios@

Themanintobuildafire@
    Don't panic my boy i got your back!

Me going from 290 ilvl to 320 ilvl sped up the deaths of mobs. I'd say that was me getting stronger. Might be wrong though, might just be that my character got scarier so mobs fainted quicker.

People hitting 340 ilvl being able to EASILY do Heroic dungeons seems to suggest they are getting stronger, but that must be DIFFERENT Heroics they are doing, can't be the same, no such thing as characters getting stronger.

Gear IS making a difference.This is just a simple L2P situation now.
    Gear does help...thing is, why do you need to STRUGGLE with 290 to 340. I know why they want us subbed for longer and the longer it takes to get 340+ the better, and they know casuals like me who play a couple hours a day aren't going to have time to run heroics/mythics outside the weekend, which means a month+ to not struggle.

I'm not saying it is necessarily a bad thing, what makes it bad is WQ that make me kill what I did at 110 but I scratch my head thinking wtf that npc dropped in 2 hits, and now I am on it for 1min before it drops.

I am in favor of zones having higher mobs and we move away from scaled mobs.

The scaling is pretty shit.

It's not helped in that you've got a mix of people who've been playing one class for years and are really good at it, and people who are, frankly, shit.

I don't know why they don't introduce a difficulty setting, like Diablo 3. That did scaling correctly. You have a derp derp easy mode, and can scale it up for extra rewards if you're good or better geared. They could add that to outdoor content, maybe exclude World Bosses and other sources of potentially good loot. Yeah, you could scale it up and get boosted, but that's been a big part of WoW since day one.