Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    Worst groups so far have been when one guy is yelling noobs at the rest of the group for not knowing mechanics, when it's clear it's the first time they are in there... Here's a tip, tell people what to do instead, might not always work, but have a higher chance of success than raging.
    I do that a lot. The normal response I get is "this is a game, i don't want to work for it", "i can be heal up up again", "shut up fucking elitist".

And if its your first time in there, why don't you mention it at the beginning? People will be more kind if you look for help instead of failing your group and then telling them, that you didn't know because its your first time. Moreover: Use the dungeon journal. Its 3 sentences per boss and helps you not to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Let's be real here. People will keep standing in trash void zones which deal like 80% of their hp over 6+ seconds, but when in comes to Stormsong... As soon as they get MC'ed, they'll perfectly dodge all the orbs - probably dragging them toward the healer, too. I guess their reasoning is "I don't have any buttons to press so I'll just keep running around like a moron."

And it's the same guys who keep pulling extra mobs with 75% damage reducing aura, because they think that doing 25% dps makes things die faster.
    Sad part. It does not surprise me.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

7+ Year Old Account
    I got kicked from a random heroic queue when I said, "BRB 20 secs, going to let dog outside"

Actually returned closer to around 10 seconds later, and I was vote kicked out of group. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything and just went AFK for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post

random hc, Temple of snakes (don't remember the name)
    last boss. healer did not do a single heal on the dude in the middle.
    For my first bfa random heroic I (healer) joined a group in progress on this boss where the first healer apparently did the same thing even after being instructed what to do. Thankfully I was actually reading chat, as I often completely space on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    I got kicked from a random heroic queue when I said, "BRB 20 secs, going to let dog outside"

Actually returned closer to around 10 seconds later, and I was vote kicked out of group. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything and just went AFK for a moment.
    Heh yep. I find that people always wait a min to kick you if your character just stops moving.

Yeah, never say you are going afk.

BfA is going strong. Haven't been vote-kicked for carrying too hard yet. Been kicked quite a few times in Legion for "doing too much dmg, run is not fun".

7+ Year Old Account
    With a new expantion comes new pugging.
    post your worst experience with randoms you had so far.

Here is mine:

we spammed chat that he needs to heal the NPC, but instead of doing so he instead started flaming.
    had to do with WW monk healing the guy, as we only had DK tank, WL, hunter and WW for dps.
    I actually had an almost identical experience, except mine was Mythic, and our healer was extremely undergeared and inept. Our comp was BM monk (me), DK frost, WW Monk, Aff Lock, and MW Monk. I was the only one dispelling and I was throwing heals on the NPC when I could. Last phase ended and I was the only one alive and I healed the NPC to full and finished out the instance. It was a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

Easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission. In my experiences anyhow...

After reading some of the replies it truly amazes me how some people are able to function in the real world with such little brainpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Heroic Temple. Some genius took the orb and managed to toss it at an unpathable area. We tried dragging the guardians there so they could grab it, but to no avail. Run's over lads.

Heroic underot, their first tank left. I joined as a bear tank and started pulling trash to second boss, holy priest could not keep up. He ran into adds near the boss and pulls too many for us to handle or for him to heal. I told him to not pull adds and he says “how about no heals”

We pull the boss and they fail to run over the leeches and we wipe. Calls me a shit tank after telling them what to do. I asked to kick me if I’m a shit tank and they refuse, I go AFk and after some time they are forced to kick me.

10+ Year Old Account
    On mythic i suspect some bosses will be a pain.

First boss in snake temple was annoying for everyone, i has no idea how to predict the dash ability and ended up getting 1shot a couple of times.

Last boss of shrine of the storm could also be problematic, as it seems more like a long game rather than tunneling the boss

Lets take a moment to appreciate Blizzard putting in the totem boss on Atalzador.

Literal pug cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    Only issues so far are people not using CC and interrupts properly (which are required in BfA dungeons) as well as most Shaman/Mages/Priests/Demon Hunters not knowing the existence of their magic dispel.
    Name 1 M0 dungeon where CC is required.

I've cleared all available BFA content without having to CC a single mob.

With a new expantion comes new pugging.
    post your worst experience with randoms you had so far.

Here is mine:

we spammed chat that he needs to heal the NPC, but instead of doing so he instead started flaming.
    had to do with WW monk healing the guy, as we only had DK tank, WL, hunter and WW for dps.
    been there done that, me(ele shaman) and spriest were the only ones to heal the boss, even though i said 3 times in chat healer heal the npc floating in the middle, nope just heals us, at least he kept us all alive i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Lets take a moment to appreciate Blizzard putting in the totem boss on Atalzador.

Literal pug cancer.
    be glad they're not true "totems" then you can't even apply dots to them, that'd be the ultimate fuckfest.

Only had 1, had a Mage in M Tol Dagor which pullled 2k dps most of the time, pulled additional trash into the boss.

Last boss supposedly couldn't target it so they did a whopping 80dps.

I had a tank telling me (feral) to heal the last boss on Temple of Sethraliss while the ads were all up. I usually drop heals during the moments without ads but is this an expected job for anyone who can heal? My understanding is that the 4 casters prevent healing, the guardian does increasing damage to the tank, and the toads and plague doctors weaken the healer.

pugged last dps for a king's rest. he was a mage,342, more geared than me,338.
    until first boss he did less damage than the tank, that was under 330.
    at the boss i explained 2 time the strat (place the debuff on the mark, then we will start to kite circling the room and so start to place debuff behind oozes), he stayed himself where the boss would be kited and placed the debuff fucking all the plan... luckily he disbanded...

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I've actually had virtually nothing but respectful groups so far. That said not everyone played well, but everyone tried to play well.

It's pretty refreshing.

If I really had to stretch this, I guess wiping on Lord Stormsong 2 times in a row kind of sucked, but we were all pretty new to the dungeon. Still was a friendly group, even if they were new (and maybe a little bad). I can't really complain.
    I've had both experiences really,a lot more respectful groups,but still experienced the horrors of pugging

I think the worst I had was three different times encountering players in islands who made sure that everyone knew they were mythic raiders and were far better and smarter than us,and had superior strats for clearing the islands

Funnily enough,all three were WW monks
    Funnily enough,all three wanted to kill only the rares on the island (which has proven to be a terrible idea every single time)
    Funnily enough,all three had far lower mythic experience than I do,but I guess that actual mythic raiders don't need to pretend to be as such

Only issue I've had is some douche DPS who came in for Mythic Temple Of Seth then left when his weapon didn't drop off the first boss. Apart from that my experience has been better than usual for the beginning of an expansion.

Had more problems with WoD heroic to be perfectly honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far pugs have been great on mythic, except for the one time I spent almost 2 hours on Atal'Dazar, the last boss especially.

Had some great pugs in mythic with patient and mature people