Why can't Azerite gear be traded ???

Yesterday I was running mythics with my guild. A rogue in my group received a 340 Azurite Shoulders and Helm. He had no use for them since the traits weren't better than what he had and he already was wearing a 340 shoulder and helm. However, the shoulder and helm he received were automatically soulbound, he could not trade them to me.

Why is azurite gear designed like this? If you already have a piece of gear that is your highest level, you should be allowed to trade equivalent item level azurite gear.

because blizzard wants you to pointlessly sink more time into the game

(or they're just so bad at coding that they cant make the item change traits post drop)

they dont care that you dont enjoy it, all they care about is that you'll keep playing.

Its to avoid players feeling pressured into trading an item thats not an ilvl upgrade but a trait upgrade. Relics had the same issue, so I guess they did that to avoid it happening again.

It also slows down gearing keeping you playing longer also

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    its because, due to forced personal now, the piece rolls w/traits for the class that it dropped for & cant swap if traded to a diff class; annoying but apparently a 'technical limitation' of personal loot. They addressed it on one of the Live Q&A's before launch w/Ion & Lore.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    Its to avoid players feeling pressured into trading an item thats not an ilvl upgrade but a trait upgrade. Relics had the same issue, so I guess they did that to avoid it happening again.

It also slows down gearing keeping you playing longer also
    haha you actually believed that excuse

you're adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    its because, due to forced personal now, the piece rolls w/traits for the class that it dropped for & cant swap if traded to a diff class; annoying but apparently a 'technical limitation' of personal loot. They addressed it on one of the Live Q&A's before launch w/Ion & Lore.
    they could fix that by making it a token that you use

they dont want to.

I thought the traits were not random, they are pre-designed for the item. I know when you right click on it the first time it appear the gear is "rolling" for a set of traits. But aren't they aren't pre-designated per class for a specific item? No reason they could not have coded the traits to just switch based on which class held the item.

They answered that last Q&A, but they'll probably touch the subject again in tomorrow's.

Lfr tier could be traded and is the same thing. They have offered up a few reasons they are all nonsense. Protcting people from feeling forced to trade them is also a lame excuse.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that somewhere along the lines they made loot so it could be traded is the actual mistake.
    If they simply would have said in a canned response to the slew of GM ticket since Vanilla: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you looted X to Player Y. Hopefully this is a learning experience so you will do better next time and pay attention to whom you loot the items and that they will also pay attention to the loot they can actually use."
    Then, there'd be no trade drama; this whole PL fiasco wouldn't be about "I can't trade X to Player Y because it's Azerite" and instead just get back to the selfishly aimed "Item X never drops for me QQ" that we all know and love.

That may sound like sarcasm, but it's also kinda not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The fact that somewhere along the lines they made loot so it could be traded is the actual mistake.
    If they simply would have said in a canned response to the slew of GM ticket since Vanilla: "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you looted X to Player Y. Hopefully this is a learning experience so you will do better next time and pay attention to whom you loot the items and that they will also pay attention to the loot they can actually use."
    Then, there'd be no trade drama; this whole PL fiasco wouldn't be about "I can't trade X to Player Y because it's Azerite" and instead just get back to the selfishly aimed "Item X never drops for me QQ" that we all know and love.

That may sound like sarcasm, but it's also kinda not.
    yeah that'd be great if PL didnt exist...

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

you're adorable.

- - - Updated - - -

they could fix that by making it a token that you use

they dont want to.
    Yeah, guess it was hard to read the 1 sentence for my second point, that shows how pessimistic i am about it. But I guess its easier to try make fun of someone than see their point not smart tho of course

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

you're adorable.
    Thinking Blizzard make choices you disagree with out of spite and throw these statements around as excuses, now THAT's adorable. Oh wait, no, just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Thinking Blizzard make choices you disagree with out of spite and throw these statements around as excuses, now THAT's adorable. Oh wait, no, just pathetic.
    it's not out of spite

it's out of a cynical motivation to make us play more without actually wanting to play more.

it's only there to artificially boost your playtime

and no other reason(unless they're truly incapable of coding it in a way to make it tradable which is even worse)

but they cant say that in a PR meeting can they?

nobody in the world(aside from blizzard) benefits from azerite being untradable
    there are only negative aspects of it it's not about "disagreement"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    Yeah, guess it was hard to read the 1 sentence for my second point, that shows how pessimistic i am about it. But I guess its easier to try make fun of someone than see their point not smart tho of course
    sorry

I guess I misinterpreted your post.
    I read the sentence it just didnt feel like it was completely 180ing your first point.

15+ Year Old Account
    looks like they will change it next week

good decision

Someone actually believes LIEon... Shame on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    The traits available on every item is the same. If you get a helm from the last boss in Freehold 3 times then all 3 helms will be identical. You can go to wowhead and find each item and figure out which ones have the traits you're looking for and farm that dungeon.

This was kind of misleading but it's actually a good thing because more RNG is not what we need.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222