Poll: What is the number 1 element you'd remove from the game?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    1. Again, you didn't have the problem so to you it didn't exist. Finding a group for a pure DPS could be an absolute nightmare. It was actually EASIER in Vanilla because did the 5-mans in raid groups.
    It could be but there were ways around that available to players without implementing LFD.

2. I guess you missed the raid design philosophy shift post-LFR. Raids went from being "Hey this is a pretty big place that doesn't really seem to serve any real purpose with a bunch of throw-away bosses just strewn around with no real rhyme or reason and then a couple of challenging bosses with real mechanics." to "Hey look this place is supposed to be a foundry and now it looks like it, it's not just reused resources, and all or most of the bosses have engaging mechanics." and there is no more "lol single room raid for six months lol."
    Did most Ulduar bosses not have engaging mechanics are something? I seem to remember people hailing Yogg+0. Actually Ulduar hardmodes attracted tons of praise.

With regard to "not serving a real purpose" are we really going to pretend that Ulduar wasn't an Old God jail, but every bit of MSV hammered down the fantasy of the raid? That's blatant nonsense and you know it.

3. So is the pug scene dead or is it not? What is your argument even? That you don't form guilds off of the successful pug anymore? If you want to do pug content in a guild there are guilds for that, you just have to look for them. Now instead of joining pugs from trade chat there is a dedicated tool for it, and it's very alive and very healthy, you should try it.
    That regular, near-scheduled PuGing, which created another layer of social fabric within servers no longer exists.

4. If they removed braindead content they'd remove everything outside of Mythic.
    That's a funny way to spell "3s"

You seem to be under the impression that if LFR was removed those players that run it as their end game would have something else to do. What? Something new specifically for them? That takes resources. Where are those resources going to be pulled from? You guessed it, those same raiders that you think are having their experience diluted.
    Or we could accept that this is a multi-billion dollar company and they can put in evergreen content for casuals without costing us a raid tier?

I'm looking through the list of changes as well as trying to think of my own, but honestly at the moment (and in Legion) I really like the game a lot and I'm not sure reverting any of the changes would be an improvement even though I absolutely hated them as they were introduced (easy gearing with the Sunwell patch ["wellfare loot"], LFD, LFR, raid progression style). I guess the garrison would be the one thing since that's just another form of time-gated content that you actually have to keep an eye on. Also, I guess, the GCD change for certain things, I kind of stopped playing my warrior tank once I noticed Ignore Pain was on the GCD. That just feels like an unecessary change. I haven't had a problem with it on my main though but it did take some adjustement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    It ruined Wpvp. I can't no longer fairly engage in wpvp, because all of my alliance brothers opted out of warmode and I am only seeing horde players. The balance is about 20:1 in my region. Horde has 10% bonus and alliance has.... nothing.

If I switch to my horde alt, it's no better, because then I can't wpvp either, because there's no allience for me to fight.
    Move to a better server shard then. WPVP is alive on the THREE servers i consistantly play on, to say it ruined it is hilarious.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Deleted
    mob scaling especially in regards to ilevel.

Was bad enough in Legion hitting 110 then having trouble just killing 1 mob without dying because the difficulty jump was outrageous.

Also them trying to make all realms PVP by adding this War Mode crap and putting 10% bonus xp if you have it on, if I wanted to PVP id be on a damn PVP realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no it wasnt better it was bullshit and blizzard realized that and abonded that system thank god....(plus that was 12 years ago...)
    Not sure what you talking about. Becouse ghostclawler posted that he regret of creating LFR. It was in time where Blizz didnt had flex tech. Yes LFR does open raids to lower bottom of players. But for huge prize. LFR brings lot ot toxic behavirour into the game when comes to players and progression itself that it really wasny worth having such system in first place.

Dazed is aids and that stupid mission table shit should go too.

New talent system. It went from interesting in MoP and then eventually just became an excuse to not make talents anymore. Then It let them get lazier with class design. Made leveling so godawfully unrewarding. It negated a generation of the game almost. Just wasnt a great change in my opinion and didn't fix what it was suppose to fix. Still just have cookie cutter specs and people can still do it all wrong like before. Also to away from creative builds for odd job world things and other odds and ins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    So many things destroyed the game we loved, making it what it is today, and you guys mention daze? Come on guys, I wouldn't mind having it removed, as it is indeed an annoying system, but it didn't damage the game. LFR/LFD and casualization hurt the game the most.

Daze is annoying, but that's not what killed a good game tbh.
    LFR and LFD are what is keeping this game alive. I rarely use either, but I wont ignore facts just because I dislike them.

Wrath owned most of its success to the LFD system and how gear was now easily accessible by anyone. Heroism/Valor tokens was a clever concept allowing casual to always keep up but one tier behind the raiders. I feel it's a system that could return tbh.

Mythic+ is there best addition ever, actual end-game 5 man content was something I always wanted as my group of friends always was pretty small.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    New talent system. It went from interesting in MoP and then eventually just became an excuse to not make talents anymore. Then It let them get lazier with class design. Made leveling so godawfully unrewarding. It negated a generation of the game almost. Just wasnt a great change in my opinion and didn't fix what it was suppose to fix. Still just have cookie cutter specs and people can still do it all wrong like before. Also to away from creative builds for odd job world things and other odds and ins.
    I agree with this, the old talent system, no matter how boring, was more "fun", you got to spend a point each level building towards bigger abilities. I've always said that keeping the bigger abilities like we have now, but then have smaller points to spend in between would be a nice medium. But there needs to be a new talent tier as well. 100-120 gives you absolutely nothing and that is kinda lame.

I dont want more damage abilities however, I feel like rotations are largerly in a good enough spot and tbh it's always been 3-5 abilities depending on spec. I've not noticed a change there, more so in the utility section where its kinda barren now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Anyone who says LFR or LFD can't actually play this game. LFD made dungeon forming tolerable for anyone that didn't have a tank or heal spec.

As a Mythic raider, for me, LFR is the best thing that ever happened to this game. Blizzard says it allows them to allocate more resources to raiding since more people get to see the raids and it shows. We haven't had a complete garbage bare minimum effort filler tier since they added LFR. This game would be dead as fuck without LFR. Or at the very least raiding would be.
    LFR brings way too much of bad than it gives good. Normal mod is alredy super easy. You have 2y to finish about 12 hours of play time in normal mod for all tiers. You dont need LFR anymore. Specialy not with flwx tech. As for me LFR is actualy what killed raiding for me. And btw people run LFR no becouse it is fun or becouse they want to see raid content. They do it becouse it drops free gear.

Everything. #No Changes
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Looking. For. Raid.

Allow the group finder to function for normal-heroic-mythic as it does and get rid of that flabby ass hanging off the backside of the raiding scene, please.
    So... you want to remove raiding? Or have it go back to the Cata times of mini 2-boss raids, cut raids, small raids, and raids with no new models, art assets, and such? Cause that's what you're asking for.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

In before people parroting wanting LFR removed, with no reasonable justification.

Raiders haven't needed to run LFR in a long time, which was always their main arguement. There is no reason to remove it.

In regard to needing to clear older raids before being geared enough to do new ones...there is a case there for sure as to why that would make sense, but it's not going to happen. Not with these devs.

For better or worse, our current devs strongly value catchup mechanics. Personally I think thats mostly for the best. WoW is never going to be a hardcore mmo, ever again. It's time we accept that and either look elsewhere when we are bored, and or support devs making games relevant to us (Pantheon).
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2018-08-24 at 01:47 AM.

I voted for LFR, but I just think we dont need FOUR modes. Id be more in favour of removing Normal mode, and having LFR for casual players and Heroic for people who want a team based challenge, but not too much and mythic for people looking for the coordination/execution challenge.

Titanforging.

It has forced raids to be balanced around the assumption that raiders will be going into mythic already having top-end ilvl gear. The result through Legion was that raid gear never felt like a real improvement, and clear times for raids only improved marginally in comparison to previous expansions.

Dazed. Definitely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    Move to a better server shard then. WPVP is alive on the THREE servers i consistantly play on, to say it ruined it is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    Time to roll on a different server or find pvp groups in the group finder then
    I should pay blizzard for they fuck-up?

I already moved to this server, because it was a pvp server and I wanted to pvp, now I should move again, because it's no longer a pvp server? Besides, blizzard claims their shards are all balanced in terms of factional balance. But they aren't.

And I am not the only one having this problem, take a look at the oficial european servers, tons and tons of alliance players have the same issue.
    Last edited by mmocad3e65e5d1; 2018-08-24 at 06:04 AM.

The ap endless grind system ruined the game for me more than anything else. Followed by the pruning, and WF/TF nonsense.

I never really understood people who get triggered by LFR, it doesn't affect anything or anyone and it's a decent way for the casuals to experience raids.

Deleted
    pandaria and beyond.
    well except loot changes. dont wanna sound too demanding

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you'd want half of guilds to be stuck in EN and ToV, about a third able to see ToS, and like 10% able to see Antorus? Cause that's what you'd get if you transplanted the BC raiding method onto Legion. If there's people whining before an xpac is two weeks old that there is no content, try to explain to the masses that they'll never see anything but the first two raids in any form?
    By the end of an expansion almost everybody could see later / latest raids. Even bad guilds set a foot into MH / BT (maybe not Sunwell) and could achieve something because Blizzard implemented catch up mechanics with 2.4 (excellent token equipment).

And yes, that's exactly what I want. A story mode LFR with really bad loot so that everybody can progress through the story and a raiding system that's build on progress and not gets resetted with every new content patch.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Legion and BFA PvP system. Give back proper gear progression to PvP players!
    But since that isn't on the list I vote flying as I've always disliked it.