Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    WoW might be a touchy subject for a lot of people, considering they have spend a tremendous amount of time of their life playing it. So if someone says something bad they immediatly get defensive about it.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    A thread complaining about the complainers of the complainers.
    We've gone one level too far... complaintception... back out now or we'll be stuck in limbo... I mean, by an ocean... I mean, wtf was happening in that damn movie again?

But anywho, to the topic, a forum is a place for discussion.
    Some people provide cogent and thought-provoking arguments for something, other people may follow with their take (for, against, neutral), then there's always the ones who can't form a coherent thought who, instead of engaging in discussion, will say "then don't play because I like it" without ever addressing the topic at hand.
    It's best to ignore those.
    If you want to hold a discussion re: a topic, such as this, either wait for someone to add something of substance or move on.
    Let the sad little trolls be sad little trolls without responses to their otherwise useless statements.

There's another thread open where the OP talks about how most of the major selling points of this expansion fail on some level. There were at least four people in that thread who got my mad at the OP for not saying "in my opinion" when criticizing the game. No shit it was in his opinion.

Im open to criticism, not entitlement of kids that maybe dont even play the game.

The US wow comunity is toxic as hell. This its just a mirror of said toxicity.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    Every single thread where someone actually brings viable reasons not to be super happy about the current state of the game is full of answers like: "get out", "don't play if you don't like it", "it's the best expansion I ever played", "oh look, another hater", "GTFO".

I mean, it's really annoying at some point.
    It is because people from both sides don't know how to have a proper discussion. It is the other way around as well. Most OP's are non constructive which just fuels the behavior you described.

Deleted
    Constructive and precise criticism is probably only 1 out of 5 threads here.

"ilvl scaling sucks hurrdurr no progression i need more time to kill mobs."
    No. They don't scale 1:1 with your strength increase you twat.

"I don't have anything to do this sucks mimimi."
    Maybe don't take several days off work and no life for 1-2 weeks? Maybe get some other hobbys or stuff to do in your life than playing a game 6+ hours daily?? have you thought about the possibility that WoW is not designed to support this kind of playstyle?

"I am absolutely forced to play with warmode on because i got autism or something but i don't like it"
    yeah...

It's the same as with the classic crowd, using the wrong reasons and arguments that are so easily dismantled that it's just a waste for everyone to read this sh*t in the first place than actually bringing some valid and constructive criticism you could discuss about.
    Last edited by mmoc43c2267131; 2018-08-24 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    No, this place is full of fanboys. You'll actually meet some people who think Wod, legion and BFA are better than TBC and Wotlk, that's just how bad it is.

Deleted
    Every single thread where someone actually brings viable reasons not to be super happy about the current state of the game is full of answers like: "get out", "don't play if you don't like it", "it's the best expansion I ever played", "oh look, another hater", "GTFO".

It's more than just that sadly - for example, I just had somebody psychoanalyse me and my entire life based on one post I made because of my POV of a fictional fantasy character. I personally think these asshats should get an instant Infraction for trolling / derailing / harassing to set an example to the rest, but that's just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    WoW might be a touchy subject for a lot of people, considering they have spend a tremendous amount of time of their life playing it. So if someone says something bad they immediatly get defensive about it.
    That's probably quite accurate. I think there were basically 4 different eras, when it comes to how the game was designed:

-the vanilla + tbc + wotlk era
    -the cata + mop era
    -the wod + legion + bfa era (the pruning era basically)

And people who belong to each category tend to defend it tooth and nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    That's probably quite accurate. I think there were basically 4 different eras, when it comes to how the game was designed:

-the vanilla + tbc + wotlk era
    -the cata + mop era
    -the wod + legion + bfa era (the pruning era basically)

And people who belong to each category tend to defend it tooth and nails.
    I would split it like this:

vanilla + tbc + wotlk before TOC

wotlk post-TOC + cata + MoP

WoD + Legion + BfA

That said, I don't think I (or most players) really belong to any era here. I liked Cata before DS and I have never cared for MoP but BfA is ironically giving me a new found appreciation for it.

Even though I started in BC, I find myself to liking vanilla the most now because I have spent the entire post-WoD era playing it on private servers. Basically, this game is all over the place.

That's funny, because I see something completely opposite. People just hate on the new expac for either no reason at all, or for stupid reasons like not getting loot. Those who have some positive things to say are called trolls, fanboys etc.

Yup i agree.

I have some problems with BFA. And instead of going after my points like saying: Yeah but they are something new those kul tiran druid forms.
    They go after you as a person.
    They also take everything to litteral. You almost need to write a 10 page essay just to make sure that you saying yes to beer means nothing more or less then it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm open to criticism.

Endless non constructive bitching however. Nah gtfo with that. It's boring to read.

Same with mindless white knighting.
    Yeah, but most of them ( think the thread starter means this). Are going after you after the first criticism you say. You can make whole well researched points, with ingame lore, wow pedia stuff. With picture example's etc. And people still go aggressively after you.

And if its boring to read...there is a neat trick to that...close you eye's and scroll ahead. Responding in a vile/bad/ugly manner without going after the subject just shows what kind of person that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    No, this place is full of fanboys. You'll actually meet some people who think Wod, legion and BFA are better than TBC and Wotlk, that's just how bad it is.
    I don't think TBC was that good. Dungeons were a bit boring, with some looking too much alike. Severe lack of catch-up mechanics and attunements (that were removed later during the expansion, luckily) turned many aspiring raiding guilds into "recruitment guilds" for the better faring guilds (vanilla had the same problem). Gameplay was all over the place, with stuff like Steady Shot spam, and many specs still not performing all that well.

It had it's moments, like with Karazhan. That place was glorious.

Wotlk is a tougher sell, but I still think Legion was better.

Also, your definition of a fanboy is strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I 100% respect disparaging point of views when they are brought forth in a manner that welcomes a healthy discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    That's funny, because I see something completely opposite. People just hate on the new expac for either no reason at all, or for stupid reasons like not getting loot. Those who have some positive things to say are called trolls, fanboys etc.
    Provide examples of those who are hating on the new expansion for what you're saying to be 'no reason at all,' if you don't mind. You can also call that a stupid reason all you may like, but you had many annoyed as to why they would go through entire dungeons without decent loot and so Blizzard has already worked to address it.

And if you're referring to that 'amazing' thread with that last bit, there was nothing of substance the OP provided to discuss beyond just "Can't wait for the new raid!" and a swing at those pesky complainers. It should've been taken down.

Most aren't open to criticism when it comes to anything, but above all else they are blindly loyal to Blizzard and loathe Classic.

"I don't like this thing" is not criticism. People who expect a massive overhaul of an expansion every two years need to keep their expectations in check. It's not reasonable to expect a big overhaul like Legion every two years, games take a long time to make, at least double, triple or even quadruple the time your average gamer thinks it takes even for a big company like Blizzard. There is some validity to the "filler expansion" meme although I don't agree that ultimately means it will be completely terrible. If you like m+ dugeons and raids I'm sure BfA will be a good expansion for you. Without the "filler expansion" you would have to wait longer than two years for a new expansion. If Blizzard tried to rush out an all singing and dancing system overhaul in just two years whatever you recived would probably be much worse than what we have now which is getting a bit old but it's still solid. I'm pretty confident the next expansion will shake things up a lot like Legion did but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-08-24 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I 100% respect disparaging point of views when they are brought forth in a manner that welcomes a healthy discourse.
    As should everyone. I think mods should seriously enforce healthier discussions and disallow stupid 'this game is fucking garbage now and I'm going to write a 16000 character post bringing up how good the past was with no good end message' and 'you're just burnt out and hating for no reason bro get a life LOL'

10+ Year Old Account

Same can be said for the people who says they aren't super happy about the game...or just looking for something to complain about.

People say they actually like how the expansion is and people will insult them because they don't agree with their opinion...this goes both ways you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't think TBC was that good. Dungeons were a bit boring, with some looking too much alike. Severe lack of catch-up mechanics and attunements (that were removed later during the expansion, luckily) turned many aspiring raiding guilds into "recruitment guilds" for the better faring guilds (vanilla had the same problem). Gameplay was all over the place, with stuff like Steady Shot spam, and many specs still not performing all that well.

It had it's moments, like with Karazhan. That place was glorious.

Wotlk is a tougher sell, but I still think Legion was better.

Also, your definition of a fanboy is strange.
    I don't think TBC would hold up to today's standards, but it was a huge leap ahead of vanilla WoW and they added so much over its 2 years.

- attunement chains for Karazhan, Black Temple, and Hyjaal gave a sense of progress
    - heroic dungeons
    - arenas
    - daily quests
    - tabards for faction reputations
    - jewelcrafting
    - flying mounts
    - the last time crafting was truly impressive! the crafted armor sets were better than heroic dungeon gear for example.

Catchup mechanics were introduced with the Shattered Sun Offensive at the end of the expansion. But they should have arrived earlier.

Its just a pity they killed of Illidan and Kael'Thas in the same expansion.