Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    The part where they pretend she cares about her people.
    She cared only about her highborne servants yeah she was selfish and arrogant but she did care about her servants actually.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Queen Azshara first makes a pact with Sargeras, and then makes a pact pact with N'Zoth. Lol, she only dances with the big players.

I agree with most the comments that nothing new to see, but I believe this kinda re-energizes hey story line with it leading towards the new expansion and further.
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB
    HDD: Crucial MX500 500GB + 1TB WD Blue lCooling: Corsair H110i
    PSU: Corsair RM 1000 80+ Gold l Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White
    MB: ROG Strix B-350 F Gaming | RAM: Dominator 32GB @ 3000MHz

People seem to forget that Azshara was so delusional than she genuinely believed that she would marry Sargeras. It seems fitting that she is once again being manipulated by the old gods.

Azshara sasses N'Zoth into giving her a fair deal. She is fabulous AF and you can't stop her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Sylvanas' didn't add nothing. It didn't add a lot but it didn't add nothing. It revealed the events of Teldrassil from her perspective. We got a deeper look in to her character.

We never really got that with this. Nothing furthered the story even slightly. It's just visuals to a story we already knew.

I'm not even saying that this one wasn't better than Sylvanas'. It was. It was just more underwhelming than the Sylvanas one because everyone was waiting for something from it that was related to this expansion. In time, I'll probably grow to love this for what it is. But as marketing material for the new expansion to get everyone hyped it sucks.

Azshara right now is one of the biggest mysteries in game everyone is waiting to see more of. We've had Azshara teasers in game for years and this is the expansion we finally get to fight her so you would expect more from it. They really just dropped the ball here.

like I said, in time this one will probably age well because it's great for new people that are just getting in to the lore that want to know about Azshara. But for the players that have been playing for a long time and know about Azshara there is nothing there for them. This really could have used about an extra minute that showed us a bit of what Azshara is doing right now.
    We know that it wasn't necessarily at the end of the War of the Ancients Azshara decided to go along with the Old Gods after all she had lost. No it was more then that. To her she is Queen Azshara and serving even something as "magnificent" as N'zoth is still beneath her.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    Well they said it during an interview that N'zoth was so powerful that even Titans couldn't defeat him. I clearly remember that but the interview was a long time ago. Maybe they decided to changed it but N'zoth was really powerful.
    no. he ran and hid when the titans came in the old lore.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    I do like that they finally gave some character to an Old God. Hopefully, he wont resort in-game to just spewing out one-liners about doom and death.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    i wouldn't call it arrogance in front of death since she knew N'Zoth needs her so she just played with him
    It wasn't quite that. She had accepted death at that point already so the gambit really was nothing to lose: die or be enslaved was the same to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think N'Zoth's initial reaction to Azshara's refusal of his terms of was one of true anger and fury, but he quickly thought better of it and decided "wait, I would still have all the power in this equation. If Azshara wants to call herself a 'queen' then that's fine by me, she'll still be indebted to me and thus my slave, and rule over all her converted people thereby making them my minions as well. It's a win-win for me, all I have to do is appease her vanity."

But I also wouldn't be surprised if N'Zoth didn't keep her on a short leash, and if she wasn't eternally on watch for ways to turn the tables on N'Zoth somehow.
    IMO it's also pretty obvious N'zoth saw it as a better opportunity and took it.

Also he made fucking clear that he was not gonna take her insolence rolling down, as he took his sweet time to transform her and we literally saw the panic on her yes.

He might be the most interesting Old God yet, but lbr it's not that hard so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Sure it's a retcon but not a major one. She still makes a deal with N'zoth.

For me I think because I was hoping it would give some context for her role in BFA. It was all backstory, nothing in the present.

I liked it, but was a bit disappointed in that.

What did I miss? Where is the retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Kinda disappointed that we didn't get to see N'zoth entirely. Yeah we saw more of him than we did until now, but still not entirely. Is it just a huge bunch of tentacles with thousands of eyes? Does it have a face or anything?
    Do you know what the Old God's are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

That felt... quite underwhelming. Did they retcon Azshara into a queen that actually cares for her people? We were always believed that she was a selfish bitch, willing to do horrible deeds for more power. Is this their attempt to make Azshara feel more sympathetic? And I didn't like N'zoths portrayal, screaming like a generic villain with a boring voice and cliché dialogue, and apparently allowing him to be talked down by Azshara. The fish scenes acrtually gave me a good laugh for scenes that were emant to be serious.

That empire looked cool though, hoping to see a proper version of that in game.

Deleted
    I think the Nzoth being angry is pure oversight on Blizzard's behalf. IMO the scene with her counter offer would have been so much better if the presence of Nzoth just faded in silence, giving even more suspense to her being left in uncertainty of her fate.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly I just don't get where people are getting the idea that Old Gods are particularly clever manipulators. They are parasites that can fuck with your head, at best, they are mad themselves and there's so much coherence they can muster.

That N'zoth was able to accept a bargain to have a general instead of another slave also speaks better of him to me, also that Aszhara managed to face an eldritch horror without loosing her wits speaks better of her, so It's a very interesting dynamic.

But here we have, all the people just so offended because Aszhara wasn't the quivering lil b serving her new master *eyeroll*
    It's the same people who kept insisting the Old Gods were more powerful than the Pantheon before we had chronicles telling them it simply wasn't true. Like you said we haven't seen any old gods being super clever and manipulating people. It really is just whispers that turn people to madness like with Neltharion.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I do like that they finally gave some character to an Old God. Hopefully, he wont resort in-game to just spewing out one-liners about doom and death.
    Not sure why they gave them more character. They are literally just cancer thrown around by the Void Lords to destroy corrupt world souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Thinking in DnD terms: Azshara negotiated herself from sevent to warlock. She formed a pact for power, with nzoth as patron rather than master.

Presumably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly I just don't get where people are getting the idea that Old Gods are particularly clever manipulators. They are parasites that can fuck with your head
    You answered the question yourself. It's also been built upon for some time now that manipulating is especially Nzoth's forte.
    Last edited by mmoc7955db53d7; 2018-08-24 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post

He is like ogre, he has many layers. He wants to look like this to fool you.
    You have far more faith in Blizzard's writing ability than I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    That felt... quite underwhelming. Did they retcon Azshara into a queen that actually cares for her people? We were always believed that she was a selfish bitch, willing to do horrible deeds for more power. Is this their attempt to make Azshara feel more sympathetic? And I didn't like N'zoths portrayal, screaming like a generic villain with a boring voice and cliché dialogue, and apparently allowing him to be talked down by Azshara. The fish scenes acrtually gave me a good laugh for scenes that were emant to be serious.

I don't think much changed, since it then went to them dragging her down to the water and such and they were screaming at her in anger. Also Azshara only cared mostly for those that were close to her(Like her servants and the highborne), anyone else she seemed to not care about.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

I don't think Azshara's actions were really about saving her people, at least not from her perspective - she relates as much when talking to the "fish" at her feet (who is presumably a vessel of N'Zoth telling her to give up the fight). She's committed to saving *her* empire, the things that belong to her - this includes her people, but not because she cares for them individually but simply because they belong to her. She's still self-centered and self-involved as the day is long, it is just that in this case her desires paralleled the needs of her people at the moment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead