Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Allied races would feel pointless too if you had your way. They're a reward as much as feature. If you didn't play Legion I see your conundrum but if you play BfA there's a few more to unlock while the content is current and relevant to story and progression. More coming.

I find island expeditions to be fair but it's difficult to get used to no quest-help with the quests you find and have no clue how to complete while being in a race you end up not really caring for. Not much fun in the end when there's not even a quest-text for clues. Didn't expect much but it still managed to disapoint.
    @Seahnjin on the last page pointed out how it makes more sense to just give the races to people for completing the story lines for the races rather than making people do dailies from a past expansion to grind for rep which is just absurd.

Yeah I don't really know what they were thinking with Island Expeditions. Maybe the PvP mode is more fun, I haven't done it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    @Seahnjin on the last page pointed out how it makes more sense to just give the races to people for completing the story lines for the races rather than making people do dailies from a past expansion to grind for rep which is just absurd.

Yeah I don't really know what they were thinking with Island Expeditions. Maybe the PvP mode is more fun, I haven't done it.
    They want the world to be alive and people going back for what they missed. I see exalted to be tough but fair, though I wouldn't mind revered to be enough as the effort is considerable but so is the rewards if you want them in the end. It's supposed to feel good when you get there and it won't without the good old RPG-grind that's always been better and made more sense with friends/company.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Allied races would feel pointless too if you had your way. They're a reward as much as feature.
    What does that even mean though? You realise in TBC we could play Blood Elves and Draenei from the start, same with Cataclysm. It's pretty weird that Zandalari and Kul Tirans aren't even in the game yet and holding them hostage behind a future patch is crazy since they are the main races in this new expansion.

Also on topic; the reason people know Warfronts will flop is because you can't lose them, once casuals know that it's going to be AFKd harder than LFR.

They want the world to be alive and people going back for what they missed. I see exalted to be tough but fair though wouldn't mind revered to be enough as the effort is considerable but so is the rewards if you want them in the end. It's supposed to feel good when you get there and it won't without the good old RPG-grind that's always been better and made more sense with friends/company.
    The problem that I have is not with the grind. I think WoW needs more of that. My problem is that they are using content from the last expansion as a selling point for this one. Why would anyone want to play from an expansion behind? Each one should be a blank slate otherwise it just turns people off from coming back, and let's be honest, WoW desperately relies on people coming back to it in order to stay afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post

Azerite System. Its a shit system.
    When this is how you build your argument, you lose all credibility and I stop caring about what you have to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay667b View Post
    What does that even mean though? You realise in TBC we could play Blood Elves and Draenei from the start, same with Cataclysm. It's pretty weird that Zandalari and Kul Tirans aren't even in the game yet and holding them hostage behind a future patch is crazy since they are the main races in this new expansion.

Also on topic; the reason people know Warfronts will flop is because you can't lose them, once casuals know that it's going to be AFKd harder than LFR.
    It means what it says? Like hero classes requires a certain lvl to unlock, allied races require a certain rep to unlock. They're the same existing races just with different barber options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Agree that the game feels very unpolished. Confused how they tried to convince us that the azurite system was gonna be cool and fun, yet it gets released in a state that’s utter pitiful. There is no balance at all, making 95% of the azurite gear just a bummer to get, and there don’t seem to be any reliable way of farming it out.

Lol what a toxic way to look at it. When will people realise that people like this love the game and only want it to be better. How the fuck is the game suppose to improve if noone calls blizzard out on their BS. People learn from their mistakes and its our job to point out their mistakes.
    How about some constructive criticism though? All I see is "I don't like what blizzard is doing, so the game is bad and you should think it's bad too". I don't see any complaints with valid points. It's literally opinions with no substantial evidence and or explanations. Your complaints about azerite gear I don't even understand. I've received so many pieces now that it doesn't even matter that some were worthless. People are judging this game as if it's already been out for months. This is the first fucking week and ya'll are acting like this is the end of WoW. I listened to the same Q&A and came out of it with a completely different view than most here. It honestly feels like you guys are looking for reasons to hate on the game. It makes me wonder if the people complaining like this would EVER be satisfied.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The problem that I have is not with the grind. I think WoW needs more of that. My problem is that they are using content from the last expansion as a selling point for this one. Why would anyone want to play from an expansion behind? Each one should be a blank slate otherwise it just turns people off from coming back, and let's be honest, WoW desperately relies on people coming back to it in order to stay afloat.
    That was for the pre-order while Legion content was still relevant. People play as they want, how they want. If they designed each expansion to become blank slates we wouldn't be here in the first place. Many have strangled their games in bland and endless dlc which hasn't befallen wow yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alenore View Post
    Island expeditions : There's over 80 weapons look to get from expeditions, mini pets, mounts, is one of the best source of Azerite, and includes new mechanics and interesting items to use.
    Too bad the drop rates on those weapons/pets/mounts are fucking abysmal.

Warfronts
    You have no idea how people will play these.
    Yes we do. You do realize that people had access to Warfronts on the beta, right?

Azerite system
    I like it.
    Who cares?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshie Fresh View Post
    How about some constructive criticism though? All I see is "I don't like what blizzard is doing, so the game is bad and you should think it's bad too". I don't see any complaints with valid points. It's literally opinions with no substantial evidence and or explanations. Your complaints about azerite gear I don't even understand. I've received so many pieces now that it doesn't even matter that some were worthless. People are judging this game as if it's already been out for months. This is the first fucking week and ya'll are acting like this is the end of WoW. I listened to the same Q&A and came out of it with a completely different view than most here. It honestly feels like you guys are looking for reasons to hate on the game. It makes me wonder if the people complaining like this would EVER be satisfied.
    I think it's gonna take a looong time before people stop comparing azerite with legion legendaries/artifacts unfortunately. It's great to see how spoiled and entitled people have become to feel like they don't need anybody but blizz to get what they want. It'll only make or break the game for everyone with what they do.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-08-24 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Roger Ebert never once touched a movie set, yet his critiques of movies are cited decades later in film studies. Simmer down, white knight.
    He wrote and was assistant director on a Russ Meyer cult classic film. Your point is valid, but just wanted to correct you.

[Beneath the Valley of the Ultra Vixens](https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078846/?ref_=nm_knf_i4).

Its...different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    So all in all, BFA falls flat when it comes to its main features. None of them in essence is well done or baked well.
    And yet they are all finished systems. Do not confuse "I do not like it" with "It is not a complete system".

They all work well. Allied races were never billed as available right away and the 4 added with pre-order indicated that there would be requirements. Even the advertisements and packaging stated their were requirements. Island expeditions are repetitive. They were never said to not be. They are not ultimately unrewarding because they are the best weekly source of azerite.

Warfronts are not meant to be a 24/7 system. Unrealistic expectations will never be met. Stop having them. Azerite is not a bad system.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of starting a thread that is not fresh or new in anyway.

Just quit. Vote with your wallet.
    That goes for every poster agreeing also.

Just leave

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People are going to go bonkers when they try warfronts.

*But Mafic why so melodromatic and acting like chicken little lately?"

Because imaginary voice in my head it is all true!

Warfronts will break the back and spirit of even the staunchest white knight defender. You have been warned!

TIL "bonkers" now means hating instead of "going crazy for something cool"

Oh look, more unwarranted opinionated garbage on the forums. How original.

Find a game without repetitive content that you grind?

2 of them were. If you didn't even play the game then yes you didn't earn anything like everyone else did. Shocking I know, working for things. Gasp Self entitled OP?

It's a gear source/catch up with mounts/pets/etc once a week like, oh I don't know, raids, LFR, World bosses are. Do you think those don't belong in game and aren't wroth the time for a lot of people? The game is catered to casuals, chill

It's a system that gives people something to do daily, no matter what. Sorry you think it's "shit" and can offer 0 constructive criticism like so many others and lack the brain power to do so.

I'd suggest you don't bother playing WoW, ever again. You clearly don't like this "Shit game" nor any of its current systems or game direction

Bye
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

lol you were sold on those points? I play for the raids+dungeons. You should prob should find a new game.

Does instant gratification hurt or help the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Allied races are a feature you only get by purchasing BfA, yet you have to do the incredibly tedious rep grind on Argus to unlock 4 of them. That's bad game design and - somehow - false advertising.
    Objectively false. Neither Higmountain nor Nightborne reputation is earned on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Objectively false. Neither Higmountain nor Nightborne reputation is earned on Argus.
    are you seriously nitpicking which old content is necessary? doesn't matter if argus, broken isles or even outland for that matter, what matter is it's old content that shouldn't be gating anything, just leave it there, in the past, where it belongs

Lol, just because you don't like them doesn't mean they turned out to be incomplete. Wrong choices of wording here.