Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I'm pugging a lot of heroics as tank when the bonus bags are available, I was queued with this hunter once ...let's just say that Barrage is still a thing and leave it at your imagination. Yes to basically all of the stereotypical noob hunter things.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    With a new expantion comes new pugging.
    post your worst experience with randoms you had so far.

Here is mine:

random hc, Temple of snakes (don't remember the name)
    last boss. healer did not do a single heal on the dude in the middle.
    we spammed chat that he needs to heal the NPC, but instead of doing so he instead started flaming.
    had to do with WW monk healing the guy, as we only had DK tank, WL, hunter and WW for dps.
    Seems like you had one bad experience and went right away to the Forums to post it lol.

I mean I had 2 bad experiences in mythics so far... in both cases it was the healer's fault (one wasn't dispelling and healing well... the other one was playing with a trackpad).

But other than that, as always, the experience with randoms has Overall been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ah you mean the spore pods. The shrooms are the things spawning the pods.
    ah right my bad got them mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the easiest way is to clear them with immunities tbh. E.g. on my holy paladn the group was clueless so before the harvest I just bubbled, got on my horse and popped them all. When I do it in M+, I'll get someone to pop them with spellwarding though anyone with a mobile immune can do it well.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, it's easy to mix them up, the fight really lacks visual clarity imo.
    The easiest way to clear them is having tank position boss for slam, as well as the 2 people with Upheaval to position it near mushrooms (this also clears them). Other than that, if he’s not too far off from a fast every player can clear 1-2 depending on your healer. With good groups you don’t need to personally soak any.

Quote Originally Posted by nzcorona View Post
    Wiping repeatedly on underrot because tank won't clear mobs around second boss, wont kill shrooms with third boss, then aggros way too much trash before 4th boss and leaves. The rest of the group then also leaves and i'm stuck one hydrocore short of crafting my epic legs. jfc
    There's a number of ways to do that boss.
    1. Your tank solo soaks the shrooms with his body and the boss slams.
    This does require a tank with good gear and a healer that is strong on ST heals.
    2. Your entire group soaks a few shrooms each (I as a DH usually take 2-3 shrooms because of self heals and cds)
    This requires a healer with good group healing.
    3. You have a class that can use immunities to clear basically everything. Paladin, DH, Mage.

Talk to your group, in mythic + this will be a wiping mechanic for groups that fail to use their group strengths.
    The common misconception I see on this boss is that the shrooms is a boss mechanic, it's not, it's a group mechanic. Like I said, if you got a strong group healer like a Druid then everyone should be able to take up to 4-5 shrooms, if you have a paladin they should be able to clear half the room if not all of it by themselves, if you have a strong tank and/or tank healer then maybe let the tank soak 10-15 shrooms at a time.
    Regardless of healer I think everyone should be able to soak at least 2 shrooms at a time.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

IMO it's not hard to distinguish them. Small mushrooms - you have to clear with tank&dps, big mushrooms - spawns poofy balls that you have to avoid. You can clear them with immunities, sure, but somehow all my underrot dungeons have lacked one. Perhaps for M+ an immunity is a must.

Now, I did say before I've had mostly good groups, but I've had my fair share of bad pulls as well. Ironically, more on Heroics than mythics. But even in mythics, there are a few bosses I always dread doing (Sethraliss basically ALL bosses lmao, even 2nd makes me fearful if I'm healing, because if someone gets knotted on poison shit they will die and blame me). And in a mythic run, the tank randomly switched to DPS for the last boss, so I had to kite the temple guardian add, and healer was facetanking the frogs, not giving the DPS much time to even kill them. Oh joy.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    The tank is supposed to move the boss so his slam crush attack kills the shrooms no?
    That only works in theory, that boss does ~2 slams between his aoe casts, so you can't remove all shrooms w/ them, the rest of the group must use upheaval to remove leftover shrooms. In worst case scenario, people must stomp/soak them.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-08-30 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    With a new expantion comes new pugging.
    post your worst experience with randoms you had so far.

Here is mine:

random hc, Temple of snakes (don't remember the name)
    last boss. healer did not do a single heal on the dude in the middle.
    we spammed chat that he needs to heal the NPC, but instead of doing so he instead started flaming.
    had to do with WW monk healing the guy, as we only had DK tank, WL, hunter and WW for dps.
    for me its fine right now no fails xD im really ssurprised

Deleted
    I join a Normal Sethraliss as tank, it was the first time there, and it seemed to be in the middle of the dungeon.

I hop on the druid healer to take me to the next boss, but the druid healer runs in a weird circle pattern. I run the wrong way with him to a boss we cleared. We laugh it off and just clear the place as normal. Druid doesn't say a thing the whole time, heals pretty well, has some funny style of running around but yeah. We got to last boss, kill all the adds and nothing happens.

Turned out, the healer was a bot. It was pathfinding very cutely after us around the pillar, doing some amazing job keeping us topped but ignored healing the boss completely.

Everyone spammed to heal the snek, until finally after 5 minutes the druid almost snapped out of a trance and stops moving around and healing like an NPC. The bot handler came to do it manually
    Last edited by mmoc3b65426e43; 2018-08-30 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    In Legion I ended up installing a mod called badpet which whispers the hunter/warlock if their growl/taunt spell is on. I got a lot of "oh thanks I didn't realise" but plenty of really abusive messages saying it wasn't on(it clearly was) - The mod works by literally watching the combat log for the specific spells so it's somewhat unlikely it would be wrong.

Not saying you were but it's really common and people can be REALLY weird about it. For random world bosses I'd turn it off but it was hilarious watching someone getting really upset and replying to my whispers as the mod will by default whisper them every single time the relevant spell is cast.

I also remember having a hunter arguing with me about why should he turn it off, as if the tank being able to control where mobs are is something novel.
    Oh I understand, they automatically turn off anyway now so either trolls or really clueless people would use it in instances which would be rare. Also I remember seeing druid tanks struggle with threats now with the changes to threat system and it's normal that they would think taunt is on if they don't know about these changes. I feel like people are used to things now, dungeon runs are smoother or I'm just lucky haha

Only one so far on 2nd week of Mythics.

Joined group for King's Rest, leader (rogue) asks me Fury or Arms, I say Fury - instantly kicked xD
    asked why? he said he doesn't want to wipe, despite the fact that I already did it the week before and had ilvl 340, oh well joined next pug and cleared it rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    In Legion I ended up installing a mod called badpet which whispers the hunter/warlock if their growl/taunt spell is on. I got a lot of "oh thanks I didn't realise" but plenty of really abusive messages saying it wasn't on(it clearly was) - The mod works by literally watching the combat log for the specific spells so it's somewhat unlikely it would be wrong.

Not saying you were but it's really common and people can be REALLY weird about it. For random world bosses I'd turn it off but it was hilarious watching someone getting really upset and replying to my whispers as the mod will by default whisper them every single time the relevant spell is cast.

I also remember having a hunter arguing with me about why should he turn it off, as if the tank being able to control where mobs are is something novel.
    At least for random heroic queues, pet taunt is automatically off when I join a dungeon when I have it on in open world. I think this is also the case even just for walking into mythic.

Worst so far i've gotten wasn't actually in the dungeon run. Last week after my group finished mythic 0s, we decided we wanted to to the Losing my profession achie. A dps had to go so no prob we que up to get 1 more. For those of you that don't know the achievement, you basically need to do 5 extra minibosses in Waycrest and 3 in Siege of Boralus on mythic. And the only people that can summon em are people with the specific profession, and it's a different one for each of em. And we still needed someone with blacksmithing.

I que us up and put in the title "losing my profession achie read descrip". I then proceed to give the details of what we need in the description. Ofc we get a couple of signups that didn't read but they when i ask em, they see , say sorry and leave. Then this mongoloid hunter signs up. I ask him if he read the description since we're doing smth specific. He then proceeds to say "yes yes link achie and i have exp dont need to read the descrip. Cut people some slack you elitist asshole" . Then i tell him that's not the problem, the problem is we need someone with the required last profession to finish the achie. Then he rages out and alt f4's. Still sorry i forgot to screenshot the convo to put it in my guilds disc funny channel.

Guy made my day for being an utter moron though. Dungeon runs went perfectly fine 3 weeks in a row on 2 different chars so far. Edit: forgot to mention these dungeon runs i mentioned were all mythic.
    Last edited by Tyresias; 2018-08-30 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    In my experience tanks tend to be the most assholish because they have big egos since they are hardest to find, that said some of them are lovely, it's just a general trend.

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed that the first week or two was filled with better groups willing to learn fights, we wiped a few times but it was a fun experience, now the rest of the playerbase has caught up and the group finder is filled with '340+ BIG DICK' and 'FAST SMOOTH RUN' type of things that usually fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Been pretty good so far except for every group having that one player with no situational awareness. 4 players will skip a pack then he comes running with them. We'll be fighting a big pack and see a mob slooowly walking towards that guy without him moving. We try and pull some pack in King's rest before the big berserker miniboss reaches them but the guy decides he would rather charge in leading to the miniboss being pulled. He'll spawn 10 adds on Rezan running over every purple pile.

Seriously don't understand how some of you can suck that much.
    Im pretty sure you meant Atal, not king's rest. As Rezan isn't a boss in King's.

But the only trash thats a pain is the groups between the entrance and the priestess, and thats only if you let them cast their giant fuckyoufirebubble.

Also, as a prot pally, i want all the raptors.