Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Isn't Void the fuel for all Shadow magic? Then it's found at least with Warlocks and to a lesser degree with Rogues in addition zu Shadow Priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Seemed more a Void puppet of a Warrior to me. This Rising Dragon attack reminded me of the Dragonbreath thingy from Warriors.
    The hand from beyond was clearly a corrupted paladin hand spell. Also before corruption, Karam was a paladin i believe. Raest infused him with dark and void energies to bend him to his will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Also, the only void spec in the game is currently kinda boring and unrewarding to play. Had to switch to MM hunter after trying shadow in BfA. So far I love the expansion but shadow priest is the one thing I won't forgive Blizzard.
    You have 2 shadow specs, shadow priest and affliction warlock. And you also have 1 shadow talent in MM for now. Discipline priest also uses shadow abilities btw.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-08-30 at 02:10 PM.

I'd prefer the leather too, but that would make 5 leather wearers and only 2 mail in comparison.
    With just about everything being personal loot now, it’s a none issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Since there are only 2 specs in the whole game who can use ranged weapons and only 2 classes with mail armor, I'd say Dark Rangers at some point are going to happen, whether as a hunter spec or a brand new class.
    I agree with you. I also think dark ranger class will happen in the next expansion with mail gear.

Probably blood elves and trolls (shadow hunter) for horde.
    Night elves and void elves for the alliance?

I think one spec is undeath (sylvanas) and the other void (alleria)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-08-30 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    With just about everything being personal loot now, it’s a none issue.
    Hmm, I guess so.

A strength-based class is against the Shadow magic lore. The Void and shadow magic is about corruption and manipulation. The Light and Holy magic is a brute force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by batman94 View Post
    I think this game has enough melee classes. So if anything it should be a ranged hunter like class.
    I was surprised Alleria’s introduction as some sort of new age dark ranger wasn’t a lead in to a dark ranger spec for hunters or a class altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by batman94 View Post
    I think this game has enough melee classes. So if anything it should be a ranged hunter like class.
    Technically you wrong. In WoW it not about class but more about spec. So lets check spec balance during WoW lifetime:

Vanilla:

Alliance - 9 melee / 15 ranged;
    Horde - 8 melee / 16 ranged;

TBC:

10 melee / 17 ranged;

WoTLK:

13 melee / 17 ranged;

Cataclysm:

14 melee / 17 ranged;

MoP:

16 melee / 18 ranged;

WoD:

Nothing changed;

Legion:

19 melee / 17 ranged;

So as you see since Vanilla ranged were dominant and over the years Blizzard slowly balanced out. What next class should be? Melee or ranged? Either will work.

- - - Updated - - -

As for OP I think Wardens who start to utilize Void Magic (Maiev and Gul'dan's shadow orb) could be great counter to Light's paladins.

Someone played as Maiev in Heroes of the Storm? Something like her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'm really not excited for anything to do with the Void. It's just tedious, and not compelling in the slightest. I definitely don't want to burn a new class slot on it.

You know what we do need though? The "Death" Equivalent to Priests and Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Eh, I'm really not excited for anything to do with the Void. It's just tedious, and not compelling in the slightest. I definitely don't want to burn a new class slot on it.

You know what we do need though? The "Death" Equivalent to Priests and Warlocks.
    Hmmm...Tinker ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hmmm...Tinker ?
    Do you know how hard I'll laugh if MMO's resident Tinker advocate gets btfo a second time with yet another class he's spent a good chunk of time arguing against?

Honestly, that's like 75% of the reason I want Necromancers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you know how hard I'll laugh if MMO's resident Tinker advocate gets btfo a second time with yet another class he's spent a good chunk of time arguing against?

Honestly, that's like 75% of the reason I want Necromancers.
    the only bad thing with necromancers is how they will prob destroy a bit more warlocks to make it work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the only bad thing with necromancers is how they will prob destroy a bit more warlocks to make it work
    Honestly, I think they could swing it without harming Warlocks. Well, actually, they could, but since this is Blizzard we're talking about, they won't.

In terms of mechanics, there's room for slight overlap, and there are still other ways to do "summoner class" than what Demo currently offers. In terms of themes, I'd argue that we haven't even properly capitalized on Scourge Necromancy, much less the rest of it.

And I have to admit, I have a hard time feeling bad for Warlocks considering what's happened to them since MoP. It's been downhill for them even without Necromancers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    The hand from beyond was clearly a corrupted paladin hand spell. Also before corruption, Karam was a paladin i believe. Raest infused him with dark and void energies to bend him to his will.

- - - Updated - - -

You have 2 shadow specs, shadow priest and affliction warlock. And you also have 1 shadow talent in MM for now. Discipline priest also uses shadow abilities btw.
    If Karam is based on Caramon Majere, then he was a warrior. Anyway, any shadow abilities he had, came from Raest, not his own doing.

For me, the Death Knight was always the polar opposite of the Paladin in WoW, as a lore specific thing. It's deeply rooted in WC 3 where Arthas first starts as Paladin, heals allies with Light spells which has the opposite, damaging effect on the Undead. Later, when turned into a Death Knight, his powers got reversed. You just cannot get a better dichotomy with a Void class.

Thus, I would still prefer a mail-wearing Void Ranger class based on Alleria, with a mix of Void powers and ranged attacks, probably also able to summon Void-themed pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    IMO it would be Unholy that would lose the most, much like how locks lost stuff for DKs and DHs.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Honestly, I think they could swing it without harming Warlocks. Well, actually, they could, but since this is Blizzard we're talking about, they won't.

In terms of mechanics, there's room for slight overlap, and there are still other ways to do "summoner class" than what Demo currently offers. In terms of themes, I'd argue that we haven't even properly capitalized on Scourge Necromancy, much less the rest of it.

And I have to admit, I have a hard time feeling bad for Warlocks considering what's happened to them since MoP. It's been downhill for them even without Necromancers.
    To make Necromancer work, they have to take away diseases from Shadow Priest and DK, and undead minions / bone armour and similar spells, probably also Blood and Frost spells from DK (because Blood was something Diablo2 Necro had, and because Lich-NPCs use the frost spell school). Warlocks would probably also suffer, but it would hurt the DK class the most.

DK is a necromancer wearing plate and doing melee combat. Diablo 2 Necromancer was also able to melee with a specific build if you want to argue against that.

It's a necromancer character with a small twist. Take off your blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    If Karam is based on Caramon Majere, then he was a warrior. Anyway, any shadow abilities he had, came from Raest, not his own doing.

For me, the Death Knight was always the polar opposite of the Paladin in WoW, as a lore specific thing. It's deeply rooted in WC 3 where Arthas first starts as Paladin, heals allies with Light spells which has the opposite, damaging effect on the Undead. Later, when turned into a Death Knight, his powers got reversed. You just cannot get a better dichotomy with a Void class.

Thus, I would still prefer a mail-wearing Void Ranger class based on Alleria, with a mix of Void powers and ranged attacks, probably also able to summon Void-themed pets.
    Well blood spec is probably the most shadow spec of death knights, like afflition is to warlocks. So yeah, death knights do have some voidish affinity, as unholy is more undeath, and frost is well... frost.

I'd play the shit out of a class like this. The aesthetic alone would be fantastic, which is honestly about 90% of why I choose to play a class to begin with. I find most classes in WoW pretty fun, or at least fun enough to play, but there are only a few that have an aesthetic, story and gameplay style that are also badass enough to make me WANT to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I was surprised Alleria’s introduction as some sort of new age dark ranger wasn’t a lead in to a dark ranger spec
    The fact that Alleria is that way makes me feel like they made Dark Ranger accessible for the Alliance as well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    Technically you wrong. In WoW it not about class but more about spec. So lets check spec balance during WoW lifetime:

Vanilla:

Alliance - 9 melee / 15 ranged;
    Horde - 8 melee / 16 ranged;

TBC:

10 melee / 17 ranged;

WoTLK:

13 melee / 17 ranged;

Cataclysm:

14 melee / 17 ranged;

MoP:

16 melee / 18 ranged;

WoD:

Nothing changed;

Legion:

19 melee / 17 ranged;

So as you see since Vanilla ranged were dominant and over the years Blizzard slowly balanced out. What next class should be? Melee or ranged? Either will work.

- - - Updated - - -

As for OP I think Wardens who start to utilize Void Magic (Maiev and Gul'dan's shadow orb) could be great counter to Light's paladins.

Someone played as Maiev in Heroes of the Storm? Something like her.
    I guess Dk is the counter to paladin in lore, Wotlk showed us this as well as legion. Not every class needs a counter.. that would make thibgs super boring.

If I had to vote I would want to see a new ranged class. First though was Dark ranger. Ideal for me would be a mix of shadow hunter and let forsaken exploit the dark ranger skills and same for trolls as one class.
    As of the void.. Never liked it and they ruined shadow with going void only.. slowly.
    The vampiric side would have been so much cooler imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean another class, or at least specialization, that is Void themed? Currently we only have Shadow spec for priests.