Thread: Scrap machine

Scrap machine

Just venting for a second...as an enchanter I really dislike having to use the scrap machine. Yet I have to if i want the crafting materials to craft higher level items. I really dont think that items like expulsom should be soul bound. I can see account bound. End rant.

Its actually another import from Diablo 3. It is the salvage feature of the Diablo 3 blacksmith. In Diablo 3, it was a good way to get the common crafting materials. There were also rare crafting materials that only dropped in the game world. The fact that they imported this suggests Blizzard is looking to at least de-emphasize ALL professions imo.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    That thing is just horrible. Really not liking scrapping stuff and lose out on money because I'm gambling for crafting materials as a Blacksmith. x_x

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    That thing is just horrible. Really not liking scrapping stuff and lose out on money because I'm gambling for crafting materials as a Blacksmith. x_x
    The return on blue items is generally pretty lucrative. You get a bunch of titanium and storm silver which far outweighs the value of the item even if you have an enchanter (at least on my server anyway). Expulsom is kind of a pain but you're more or less gated behind Hydrocores anyway unless I'm just exceptionally unlucky on their drops.

Green items are kind of dumpy but even then the raw mats make it worth scrapping over vendoring.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

This is what I am doing. I have figured out the amount that I need for each alt to craft just to be able to level up my crafting. Though it makes me not to want to level all my proffession on all my alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly im behind in the expulsom, sitting on 8 hydrocores because I wanted to level up my enhancting to help out the guild. came back to bite me in the a$$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    Just venting for a second...as an enchanter I really dislike having to use the scrap machine. Yet I have to if i want the crafting materials to craft higher level items. I really dont think that items like expulsom should be soul bound. I can see account bound. End rant.
    Explosum will be worthless by 8.1. I switched to inscription, but plan to switch back to enchanting to make all that sweet gold after people are in raid gear.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Yes its an issue. I send items to my alts to scrap so they can get expalsum. 225+ seems to have a higher chance. My enchanter just DEs all and I send more from main.

A solution would be level other profs by crafts send crafts for DE and then scrap what you find in the world.

Also make a list what you want to craft so you have an idea how much expalsum you need. Its not that rare but yeah acc bound would have been nicer.
    My issue is that as an engineer i can't scrap anything other than 4 helms and 4 weapons, the weapons cost 5 expulsum to make and the helms cost 2 hydrocores and 16 expulsum and thats not counting the ores and other reagents. Now I know i could have chosen to level another profession but i like engineering more for all of the fun things/mounts i can make.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Explosum will be worthless by 8.1. I switched to inscription, but plan to switch back to enchanting to make all that sweet gold after people are in raid gear.
    Expulsom will not be worthless. It's only a matter of time before an expulsom vendor comes, selling reagents and crafting materials, like the Blood of Sargeras vendor in Dalaran.
    Last edited by Snorri; 2018-08-30 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Why? Blacksmithing, along with tailoring and leather working, is already virtually worthless unless you are holding out to make the top two pieces for yourself. It makes zero sense to have the weapons you learn at 75,95,& 120 have the same stats and ilevel. Not to mention the weapons and armor are cannot be used under 120 with only a 300 ilevel. I've already stopped wasting resources and just sell ore now

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its actually another import from Diablo 3. It is the salvage feature of the Diablo 3 blacksmith. In Diablo 3, it was a good way to get the common crafting materials. There were also rare crafting materials that only dropped in the game world. The fact that they imported this suggests Blizzard is looking to at least de-emphasize ALL professions imo.
    but in D3, the mats where account bound automatically, not character specific, so that limitation is wow only.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

My only problem with it is how little Monelite I get compared to Stormsilver.

Although I think they did some changes to Monelite since it's dropping more often for me from mobs you can mine. Either way Blacksmithing is painful to level.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The return on blue items is generally pretty lucrative. You get a bunch of titanium and storm silver which far outweighs the value of the item even if you have an enchanter (at least on my server anyway). Expulsom is kind of a pain but you're more or less gated behind Hydrocores anyway unless I'm just exceptionally unlucky on their drops.

Green items are kind of dumpy but even then the raw mats make it worth scrapping over vendoring.
    I don't mind Hydrocores -at all- because at least I see them drop left and right by doing dungeons which I like!

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Why? Blacksmithing, along with tailoring and leather working, is already virtually worthless unless you are holding out to make the top two pieces for yourself. It makes zero sense to have the weapons you learn at 75,95,& 120 have the same stats and ilevel. Not to mention the weapons and armor are cannot be used under 120 with only a 300 ilevel. I've already stopped wasting resources and just sell ore now
    I stick to Blacksmithing since I've had it since early TBC. I'm not gonna give up on it. :< Besides, the weapon and armour - once upgraded fully - were awesome in WoD. One of those few things I can speak good of it.