Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    I would assume its in to make packs of mobs feel dangerous, I know everytime I run past lots of mobs as ret I clench my bum and hope I dont get that rng daze cause then ill be rip.

The mechanic alone is the only reason I path between mobs instead of just running straight through them
    As ret they are a joke.. You can pull the entire quest zone and live. Pop Shield of vengeance, pop avenging wrath, pop on use trinket, wake of ashes, then divine storm then a pack of 10 will be dead or near dead. If they aren't then bubble/lay on hands and divine storm again then they are guaranteed dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a time machine, what event would I visit? There are so many options, but I am sure I would go to the meeting back all those years ago at the Blizzard office, where some high up boss were like "Okey Johnson, you want daze in the game, the most satanistic, cruel, horrible, gamedestroying thing ever, and this is your lucky day, we'll add it" and then everyone else in the room just not their heads and give him an applause. Moments later, some caterers enter the room and give everyone in the room a cute bunnyrabbit. They then cut the bunny open and drinks it's blood.

Cause this is the only way I can imagine that meeting going, this is the only way I can see such an idea ever get implemented.

On a more serious note. I am 30 years old and I played video games since I was about 5. Over my 25 years I had many consoles and owned many games for them as well for my PC. I played free games, internet games, games at my friends places, games at video game arcades. Overall, I prolly tried over 1000 games in my life.

And nothing is as bad designed as Dazed in WoW. I can't think of anything that is more mean to the player and who's only purpose is to actually make a player angry. Needless to say, I am completely baffled that it was not removed years ago. Guess old bunnyblood drinking satanist Johnson have dirt on the CEO and blackmail him to keep it in game.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    In the past it made sense because a level 20 running through level 40 mobs should proly get you dismounted. However, with the new scaling I dont see why this still exists. Nothing pisses me off than heading back to turn in some quests than getting dismounted by some random mob my own level that was over a hill. Or you decide to just keep running instead of fighting said mob and it dazes you another time or two. Like I said it made sense when mobs didnt scale to your level but now its just annoying and doesnt serve a purpose besides pissing you off.
    They explained it once before. It's to make you think about where you're gonna be going, rather than just running through everything. The only thing I really hate about daze, is that it works even when not mounted. Trying to pull a bunch of mobs together and one of them dazes me, now I have to waste time killing those 3 cause they will beat the hell out of me before the daze ends while trying to get to the others.

Daze should only affect us while mounted.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    As ret they are a joke.. You can pull the entire quest zone and live. Pop Shield of vengeance, pop avenging wrath, pop on use trinket, wake of ashes, then divine storm then a pack of 10 will be dead or near dead. If they aren't then bubble/lay on hands and divine storm again then they are guaranteed dead.
    Youre not wrong, but other specs cant do this, and it also takes time, I dont want to kill the crappy mobs id rather just run past them

7+ Year Old Account
    go tank or use a 100% absorb shield so you cant be dazed

Blizzard removes rp mechanic: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DUMBED DOWN
    Blizzard keeps rp mechanics: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING

I think after killing Deathwing, I should be invulnerable to being dazed by a fucking hyena.

Just my two cents.

Deleted
    They know its annoying, they want us to spend gold on craftables, to support the economy... Buy the leatherworking item, while you do world quests with the inscription contracts and eat food created from cooking..

The mobs that daze you will drop greens, that you can sell or scrap for materials, which can be sold on the AH - To fund your goblin gliders.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is used to annoy player and think for a bit when choosing where you move your ass. Running through 10 mobs shouldn't be easy or without consequences. Also, there are items that stop you from being dazed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Getting dazed has always felt bad, but it truly starts to feel terrible when you get dazed by mobs that can barely make your healthbar move.
    It steps into side of humiliation, which is fine in my opinion. If you fucked up your bathing so hard that you got dazed by a random wolf - you deserved it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The aggro range is quite big and we do have to mine and pick herbs next to or even in between mobs. When picking herbs most if not all of us use the sky golem and even though we use glove enchant getting dazed is still a thing thus we use bardings. This in turn means mining is much worse since you have to dismount and fight what you pulled which in BFA so far can be a stupid amount of mobs due to aggro range.
    Being aware of aggro range, pulling just one mob, grabbing a herb with enchanted gloves while turning your face towards mob you just pulled, turn away when his attack landed, turn around and run. 220-210 MS is enough to get out of attack range so he won't attack again. It adds complexity to basic stuff like traveling. In any case, you can just dismount, pop coolies and burn through 10-20 train of mobs you bumpulled while running in a straight line
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

the exact same reason why parry is still in the game.

to annoy you

plus to satisfy people who still unexplicably think wow is an RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The aggro range is quite big and we do have to mine and pick herbs next to or even in between mobs. When picking herbs most if not all of us use the sky golem and even though we use glove enchant getting dazed is still a thing thus we use bardings. This in turn means mining is much worse since you have to dismount and fight what you pulled which in BFA so far can be a stupid amount of mobs due to aggro range.
    Don't run in straight lines from node to node. Pay attention to where the mobs are. You clearly aren't doing that, or you wouldn't have the issues you describe, as mobs aren't that densely packed or have that big an aggro radius. Herb nodes often don't even have any nearby aggressive mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    It's the most outdated mechanic currently still in the game, and even they recognize it enough to make leatherworking items that get rid of daze.
    It's still in the game to give Leather Workers something to sell
    /Catchphrase!

For any tailors that have seen the Resilient Spellthread that says it protects you from being dazed... it currently doesn't.
    Im still getting dazed all the time with it.

Deleted
    Best Part is being dazed and then getting chased 1000m by a 50k HP porcupine. 'cause scalin duh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    That's one of parts of outdoor design, I personally don't understand. I mean, why player should be forced to constantly kills pointless mobs just to move from point A to point B? I guess, this is the major reason, why flying is removed from current content. Yeah, may be such design was ok back in 2004 era, but now there should be better ways to provide content to players. And some mechanics, like way too high respawn rates, make mob killing especially pointless, as it's ok to kill mobs to clear location from enemy presence, but it's completely pointless process, if mobs respawn just 5 seconds later. It's just unbearable design for me - that's why I don't play this game without flying, sorry.
    The world is a part of the game that the developers spend huge a amount of time creating. They want the world to feel dangerous, and you to have to work to get from one point to another. So if you're not careful when traveling, you might get dazed off your mount and have to do a bit of fighting. If you don't like it you can role a tank or be more careful as you travel around.

Complaining about this is basically complaining at having to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Blizzard removes rp mechanic: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DUMBED DOWN
    Blizzard keeps rp mechanics: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TEDIOUS AND ANNOYING
    Sounds about right. On the upside considering how easy it is to not be dismounted these days it always provides me great humor in seeing the whine threads about it.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

The main thing I'd like is anti-dazing items to be level independent, like drums and glider kits. That way I could just mail a bunch to my low level alts, like drums and glider kits. That'd be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its a time waster. Its right in line with their logic re. removing flight.
    I mean, I guess, but there's more to it regarding flight. They want you to experience the zone a bit before you fly over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there should be some element of risk when riding through hostile enemies?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems as though it happens a lot less than it did on Argus. There I couldn't go past a few mobs without being dazed but now I can almost confidently skip packs of mobs and come out unscathed with my Priest.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.